The Atlas ISBI - Update 7/25/20

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

The Atlas ISBI - Update 7/25/20

Post by Taube »

Hello! There are some really great ISBIs on this board that inspired me to give one a try too, especially when I need a break from legacies. I started my own and so far I'm having a lot of fun with my fledgling ISBI. My contribution to this illustrious genre is The Atlas ISBI! I hope you enjoy it. )

Generation 1: Roman Generation 2: Olympia
Chapter 6, or "Beachy Keen Tomfoolery"
Chapter 7, or "#SmokinHot"
Last edited by Taube on July 25th, 2020, 1:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Atlas ISBI - NEW! 7/4/18

Post by Mojo »

Yaaaaasssss! Another ISBI! Loved the first chapter!!
Spoiler:
I love Miko's genes! Little Georgia is sooooo adorable! I can't wait to see how both of them reek havoc on your points! If they're anything like my family, I wish you luck.

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Aw, thanks! That means so much because the Wildes were another big influence on me starting this, which will be credited on the links page once I have it up and running. :)
Spoiler:
I’ve played ahead to where they have three kids and I’ve learned two things: Miko’s genes are fantastic, and she is the biggest menace to my score so far, haha.
Thanks for reading and being my first comment. It made my day!!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Oh my gosh you're so brave to attempt an ISBI! I can't let go of the reins! Ever!
Spoiler:
I love the couple, also I laughed really hard at the "THIS IS NO LEGACY" line... :lol:
Poor Roman... that happened to my darling Erick in the Ghibli legacy. Thank goodness the vampire has sense to not go after the pregnant woman!

Flip flops make the best dramatic flair for any inspiration-requiring career! ;)

"The bottle goes in the screaming end" HAHAHAHA her just smiling as she walks away is priceless!
Georgia is ADORABLE! You got your redhead after all!

Anyways, I can't wait to read more! :thup:
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Taube wrote:Aw, thanks! That means so much because the Wildes were another big influence on me starting this, which will be credited on the links page once I have it up and running. :)
Spoiler:
I’ve played ahead to where they have three kids and I’ve learned two things: Miko’s genes are fantastic, and she is the biggest menace to my score so far, haha.
Thanks for reading and being my first comment. It made my day!!
That's one thing I always forget to do: Add a links page lol I'm so bad at that! But I'd be honored to be on yours!
Spoiler:
Those dam idiot spouses! My Generation A spouse was a DISASTER! on my score. I'm almost positive she lost me over 50 points during her life. Pro Tip: Stay away from sims named Harley. lol

Ongoing:
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Atlas ISBI - Update 7/11/18

Post by Taube »

Thanks for your comments, Livvielove! I'm glad it made you laugh. :)
Yes, mojot89, those spouses! When the kids are dumb, I'm like, "Aww, what cuties. They don't know any better." (Most of the time.) When Miko's dumb, I go straight to rage. :fisty:

Thanks for the comments!

Here is Chapter 2, or "Enter Nanny Gandhi" for your enjoyment.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Spoiler:
Wow! You had (are having?) a rough time with Austin! Gotta love those toddlers! lol :wink: Congrats on making out even with the points! I was a little worried for you in this chapter because of Miko (who was even making me mad lol)
Great stuff! Can't wait for more! :thup:

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Oh wow, this even makes me want to try an ISBI. Just for the "fun" of not controlling them. At the same time, I was so irritated with the bad apples in my baby boom but that might be because it was just two out of the household and not the whole household. Love reading yours!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

@Teresa ISBI's are great! You should definitely try one! ;)

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Atlas ISBI - Update 2/4/19

Post by Taube »

Hey! I rose from the dead (aka I went back to school but my course load this quarter is lighter) to bring you a chapter!

Chapter 3, or "Can We Adopt a New Mom?"
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

yasssss! you get those points!

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
gretski6

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by gretski6 »

Spoiler:
Oh yes, Miko and her underwear. I remember them so vividly. Miko was a spouse to one of my THs and she spent way too much time in her undies.
All the kids are super adorable!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Atlas ISBI - Update 4/7/19

Post by Taube »

Thanks for your comments, mojot89 and gretski6! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I rise again from the depths of page 2 with another update, the penultimate one before the heir poll. Check it out!

Chapter 4, or "The Plague Strikes Again"
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Atlas ISBI - Update 4/28/19

Post by Taube »

Here is Chapter 5, or "Apparently You Can Die From That", which caps off the generation in a very interesting way. There is a major spoiler in the heir poll, so read the chapter first, and then vote here for your next Atlas torch holder! Thank you! :D
Jenga_Sims
Origin ID: soroja14

Post by Jenga_Sims »

Hello. :-)
Spoiler:
I'm really enjoying this, but the last chapter especially. What a shock to lose Georgia! I could tell from your writing that you really cared about her and it was so nice to feel you perk up when she returned.

Overall the humour is great. I'm very grateful Miko got pants - I was reading the first few chapters on the train this morning, hyper conscious that the commuters sitting next to me could also see my phone screen and half wondering what they were thinking. :-P I feel like Miko normally has an entourage of adoring fans (I mean players seem to really like her and she ends up in a lot of stories/families) so it's almost refreshing to see her being not-quite-so-adored.

Great start anyways, and I'm off to vote in the heir poll! :-)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
[align=center]Achievements
Easter Egg Challenge[/align]
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Thank you for reading and commenting, Jenga_Sims!
Spoiler:
Sorry if Miko's minor exhibitionism earned you any weird looks! :O It was definitely past time for pants! I don't dislike Miko in general - she is a very cute sim and has a nice personality/backstory - but she is just useless in this ISBI. I was really upset about losing Georgia but I really like how interactive the ghosts are in Sims 4, so I'll be mollified, I suppose. Thanks again!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Atlas ISBI - Update 4/17/20

Post by Taube »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
I'm a little embarrassed that it's taken me a year, but I have the next chapter in this ISBI ready. I hope you enjoy the beginning of Olympia's time as torch holder in Chapter 6, or "Beachy Keen Tomfoolery".
moveobjectsron
Origin ID: taoare

Post by moveobjectsron »

I'm cryiiinnggg catching up with this and I'm only on the 3rd chapter.
Spoiler:
I always spotted Miko Ojo in the wild and I thought she was cute; never realised she was such a dunderhead in an ISBI situation. love that for her. and oh god, you reminded me of the pain of having a wild toddler. the absolute buffoonery they'd get up to :sigh: .
[align=center]moveObjects_ron[/align]
[align=center]Dreamwidth[/align]
MeadowThayerr
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Crimetape
Origin ID: MeadowThayerr
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by MeadowThayerr »

I don't know if I just never commented, or if I've never read this before, but I am starting over. I may not leave as specific comments as normal, but I will have some as I go ;)

Chapter 1
Spoiler:
Roman is very handsome, had you installed your defaults at this point?

Why have I never thought about getting a free computer like that!?

Oh my gosh, the lily interaction lol

Dayna was a vegetarian and would actually COOK meals with meat and then get sad, it was annoying lol.

Ooh, that's a cute park! I'll have to go download it! What lot did you place it on? I find that they seem to look best if placed on their original lots ;)

As boring as it is, at least Miko's not burning the house down lol.

I haven't read through all the rules yet, though I do think this is up next on challenges to try. Are you not allowed to direct Roman to age up the babies?

Great chapter! I definitely hadn't read any of this before, so I'm glad I chose to do that today.
Chapter 2
Spoiler:
I'm glad you got a picture of Miko interacting with Georgia.

I think it's funny how much I hated multiple toddlers in the house until doing a 100 baby challenge and now I'm just kinda like eh whatever. lol.

Dirty diapers count as fails?! Oh no, I'm not sure about doing this challenge now.

Austin's face when Miko is trying to hug him is like the best thing ever.

Potty skills being at max count on all other challenges, so I think you should give yourself the points. Especially since Miko finished it :rofl:

Great chapter, I'm sorry you're now at zero points. But, if it makes it any better I was laughing a lot.
Chapter 3
Spoiler:
Not going to lie, I read incontinent as incompetent and I realized neither is technically wrong.

Ahhh the kitten is so cute!

Olympia is so cute I can't stand it. Oh my gosh!

Does Miko ever wear pants? Lol.

"Can we adopt a new mom?" :rofl:

Yay for positive points!
Chapter 4
Spoiler:
Olympia waking Austin up is the best thing ever lol

Wow, Georgia is like a redheaded clone of her Mom. If you didn't have the mod yet for kids inheriting the unnatural colors I think they likely would've had pink! (Or maybe it's not a mod, maybe you just have to have the unnaturals available for that age. I don't recall. But I can figure it out if you want, I had to do that for my 100 baby challenge.)

Olympia's poor lower jaw lol

I love that Nanny Gandhi is around all the time lol.

I think you might hate Austin more than you ever hated Faye lol.

I'm not gonna lie, part of me wishes Austin was the next torchholder to keep things interesting, but I guess when he's controllable it wouldn't be as interesting.

Great chapter!
Chapter 5
Spoiler:
Oh my gosh. Asia on her hind legs is the cutest thing I've seen.

Austin! How could you be the cause of your sister being caught on fire!

Good to know that the mood swings can carry over into adulthood. I always wondered why they didn't kill the teens, maybe they only kill adults? Did you ever find information out on this?

I probably would've voted for Georgia too :cry:

I'm sorry her death was triggering for you, but man you must be good at taking care of sims if you've only had that few accidental deaths.

MIKO! That was so not the appropriate time to pass out.

Yay for Georgia's ghost!

And aww, the lily!

Olympia is stunning, though a lower jaw would be nice ;)

Wow, he just missed that negative trait by a hair! :O

Georgia mourning her own grave made me really sad :(

Great chapter though, even if it is a sad one.
Chapter 6
Spoiler:
I'm glad the torchholder is Olympia over Austin. Though, since you can't control her yet, I probably would have left Austin in given your experiences with Georgia. I'd be too afraid she'd die lol.

I always forget to buy the wellness treats. Do they just cure the illness? I need to see how they work lol.

I guess you answered my question about the wellness treats!

That's so sad that she died right after she came home.

Omg I'm dying at your descriptions of Aleki and the fact you kept his moustache. Though, I have to say he IS good looking.

Wait, sims can actually turn into frogs from woohoing in the waterfall? I've never even been to the waterfall! I feel like I'm severely missing out here.

Omg at the wedding being at someone's house AND them catering

I'm glad you moved them to a beach lot, because I was literally just thinking the other day that I needed to see some Roxanne quality beach houses. I'm not kidding. I put my new legacy founder there (who I may delete and make an ISBI founder) and I just kept thinking that idk how to build but YOU would.

Great chapter!
Well, I'm finally all caught up! So now, you need to write another chapter ;)
Image Image Image
Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.

STORIES | TWITCH

Sims 4
The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game | The Cien Baby Challenge | Nook's Legacy
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, so I apparently never noticed this ISBI story before now and so now I have to take some time to catch up....because, well ISBI. :D

Chapter 1:
Spoiler:
I am dying. The give food of a Lily was too funny, I also looked at Miko for my ISBI spouse and ended up with someone else. From the hints, I think I might be glad about that. The Taco Casserole for breakfast was priceless, and Veggie Burger dude was just too much! I LOVE it! Oh, I also loved that the Llama Topiary officiated the wedding and tossed confetti. :D Wow, the guy who got "chewed up and spat back out by Maxis's accessorizing system" comment had me laughing. I am almost jealous of all of you simmers who get the spouse in the room. I have yet to have a single sim head into the delivery room. I've had them stand right outside the door, but no one goes in. lol Oh my gosh, Georgia is a cutie!!! I love that hair style on her. Squeee!!!
Chapter 2:
Spoiler:
I would never survive hard mode. Having the "hand of god" for things is just too important. lol Georgia's faces are just about the cutest thing. I love it. Oh no a fire! That's terrible, and man, I think I'm glad I didn't start my ISBI right after toddlers were around. The messes can get bad, but my goodness. I think I pretty much decided not to count dirty diapers....unless it was they maxed potty and should go on their own. Of course, I rarely catch them. lol I do think the decision was made not to count them eventually, so hopefully, you don't have to anymore. :D I love when kids are happy to meet siblings, although I also find it pretty adorable when they don't want the sibling. Love the "Wild Toddler" documentary. :D Austin post-make-over is too cute as well. These darn cute kids! Also I'm sure others have mentioned, but potty skill mastered IS mastered. :D
That's as far as I'm going to make it for now, but fun stuff. I'll be back to read more later!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”