Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The "Officially"Wacky Boolprop Challenge TS4

Post by Jenn »

I just had to come ask.

In Get To Work bonuses
How do you max a retail business?
There is no star system like the vet clinic. I'm on the 3rd generation of running it, but I don't see where there would be an end. There is no level or ranking.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

that is a good question - and umm, I have never done a retail business, other than creating one, running it for about 15 minutes, and then selling it. Maybe buying all the perks could be considered maxing the business?
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I thought of that but some are just temporary perks that run out after x amount of time. I have no. i thought about making a certain amount of money, but you can just as easily add household funds and call it good without ever opening the shop.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

hmm, how about buying all of the permanent perks, and it has to be in the family for the entire challenge like the clubhouse, each generation has to run/open for a certain number of days/hours?
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

That could work. They have run it each generation.

Oh boy.
You get 5 perk points every time you have an interaction (retail related) with a prospective buyer.
You get 15 perk points when they buy something.
You get 10 points when you restock an item.
You get 0 points for what employees do.

One perk is only for 12 hours. It costs 300 perk points and makes restocking cheaper by 25%.

There are 19 permanent perks. If my math is correct, you will need 18,550 total perk points to get all of the perks.

I am going to go run my retail shop for 11 hours and see how much that earns and check how many perks I have. Good thing I have vampires and my generation can run for decades if these needs a more in depth test. I think I will be doing this on a separate save just in case.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

ok, let us know what makes sense. We definitely need to tweak it and make it workable/reasonable
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

My internet is crap today. The gallery couldn't turn up a single result for a lot or household. Their retail shop is just too small to be effective and they bought the cheapest retail store in Magnolia Promenade and ran it for 9 hours with two people.
Spoiler:

They made almost $4,400. They spent none on restocking or employees. Victoria got either confident or inspired and was able to immediately "Close the Deal" on several people. Belladonna was not and had to do every interaction a few times before they could do anything.

Perks do not transfer between lots, so that's why they bought a new store. I needed to gauge how it worked when in a real shop not a 20x15 shop with less than 10 items to sell.
Spoiler:

I actually put the mark down from the default 25% down to 5% to encourage buying. They spent 0 perk points during that 9 hours. They made more perk points in 9 hours than they did in the first 2 generations of the challenge combined.
Spoiler:
Towards the end, they actually had to call in reinforcements for restocking. When restocking was done, they had a total of 725 perk points.

If that is an average, then 9 hours a day for 7 days would equal about 5,000 perk points.
A goal of 5,000 perk points per generation for a total of 20,000 perk points would be a good one I think.

I had a vampire and a human working for 8 hours and the twins came in to help restock for the last hour. It might take longer for a full human endeavor, because there is no snack area/sleep area for the humans. There is a huge upstairs that is empty, so I could technically make it human friendly. Also, between the hours of 12-1, Victoria was able to instant upgrade the toilet. The next time they run the shop, she will instant upgrade the sink. That should help out, although none of the customers ever even used the bathroom.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it was the Neighborhood Brawl, so a lot of time was spent watching fights. haha
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

I'm sorry...I thought businesses were ranked...turns out it's the restaurants that are. I like your idea, Teresa! Or maybe if we want to keep it simpler we could change the business portion in Get to Work to be like the vet clinic portion, which is just that it needs to be owned for the challenge. I think that's good enough, as long as the clinic/business is open let's say at least 4 days/week, which is not currently in the rules.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I had a comment made about the scoring that I wanted to bring up to get y'all's opinions, on the all or nothing part. What do you think about allowing partial scoring on the pack sections instead of all or nothing? It is discouraging to work really hard and then in, say, the last generation miss one of the tasks and lose the entire bonus, so the suggestion was made/question was asked if we would consider changing the scoring to allow partial scoring.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I don't even see where it says the all or nothing portion.

I'm okay with whatever everyone else thinks.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Bonuses
All of these bonuses are one time only bonuses unless specified otherwise. You may only choose to do up to three groups of bonuses. You must complete all three bonuses for each expansion in order to earn the points for the given expansion pack.
--Several of the bonuses require each generation to participate - these start with the kids of the founder (the first generation) unless it states otherwise. If you choose to have the founder complete the bonus, add an additional 3 points.

so basically, for my sister, she was doing the base game bonus, among others, and she is on her last generation and her 2nd gen heiress was eaten by the cowplant before completing her aspiration. Which is required by the base game bonus - all heiress must complete their initial aspiration. Since she already has the last generation growing up, she is literally almost done and just lost the base game bonus points. She has already lost all of the bonus points for all of the others that she was playing, and she wasn't doing any of the minis except matriarch and story teller. So she is feeling pretty discouraged at the moment. So, it got me thinking and I figured I would see what the consensus is - since we are testing the rules and everything, what do we think about the requirement of completing all of the tasks in a bonus for an expansion to earn the points for the expansion, or going with partial points - they used to say 3 points each - but I took that out because of the bolded rule about completing all to earn the points.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Omg. That just sucks! I would say take a lesser point on the base game bonus and keep the others that are completed. That would have come in handy for me since I almost lost the GTW of "finding 10 aliens in disguise."

I really don't see the need to lose the whole challenge for just one bonus. I would probably throw my hands up and quit the challenge and start over.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yeah, I am leaning to the partial points myself. We had point values for each task at one time so it seems like there was an intention. And let's say you hadn't found those 10 aliens and lost the GTW bonus because of it - that would have sucked especially considering all of the time you had spent doing everything else for the GTW bonus. I think originally it was 3points per task equals 9points per bonus so we can go back to that and take out the bolded line (because that is what it is even if it doesn't use those words) - somewhere it was "simplified".

Anyone else agree/disagree with this?
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

I agree with this.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

partial points are a good idea to me!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I came into an issue with aspirations.

City living - can't do unless you run this from an apartment.
Jungle Explorer and Outdoor Enthusiast conflicts with both Vampires (who can't eat human food) and Beyond Cheesy (can only eat grilled cheese).

After all this time, I am going to fail this bonus (complete all aspirations) unless there are some exceptions made.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

We can add the exceptions like we have in the City Living bonus (you can't fail the Beyond Cheesy challenge because City Living requires you to eat from the food trucks).

So specifically, the exceptions, need to be ... (I will look up the specifics in the morning ...)

Jungle Explorer: This sim would be exempt from the Grilled Cheese bonus challenge (if you are doing both) only when eating ...
Outdoor Enthusiast: This sim would be exempt from the Grilled Cheese bonus challenge (if you are doing both) only when eating ...

City Living we can exclude from the list of must do aspirations since it requires moving - you have to start in an apartment and you have to move to a larger apartment to complete it.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Ooh, thanks so much!
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

I like partial points and the exemptions for the parts of the aspirations that conflict. I think the point of this challenge is to make it weird, but not impossible.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I agree. I would hate to have lost either the Beyond Cheesy or the aspiration bonuses, so the exemptions/exceptions are great.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”