Song of the Nightingale: 18, 2(4/27/19)

All sims 3 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: Fifteen (8/26/18)

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OK so I binge-read this. YOu get no individual chapter comments.

Just...
DANG, Livvielove! DANG!

Also
Spoiler:
With that prologue, and the TWO chapters I was able to access from Faction of the Lost Ones, I can only assume that she's only "mostly dead," a la Westley, and the artifact will bring her back, or keep her going long enough for a god to do so.

Also, DANG!
Oh, yeah, and this question:
Spoiler:
Is Mellie's Eric the same "Eric" from poor Agnes's Reaper's Legacy? And would Agne's artifact protect her, the way Esmerlda's does? So Many Questions.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Hahahahaha! Yay! I'm so glad you've finally hit all of the stories!

You're also asking all the right questions about artifacts! I love it!

On Mellie and Eric:
Spoiler:
Nope, two different Eric/Eriks! Mellie's Eric is a werewolf, Agnes's Erik is a snake --- :mrgreen: see what I did there? :lol:
On artifacts:
Spoiler:
There's something key to note for both Agnes and Ezzie and I love that I get to use them for comparisons because it's a great way to expand my lore for people when the times come. It's early in Agnes's story so I don't want to give anything away too much, but the KEY difference to note between Ezzie and Agnes is that Agnes is having a WILLING merging with an artifact, while Ezzie did NOT.
When an artifact selects its host, it wants the agreement OF the host to make a full merging. Agnes is in the process of doing that currently with hers. It's a very slow process that involves a lot of interaction for the artifact to slowly become one with Agnes and aid her as it sees fit.
Ezzie was NOT given this time, she was pulled out of her mother's womb and forced into a merging, which is why the artifact killed so many prior to her. Ezzie had a possible connection, which prevented her death, but now the artifact is in this forced-merge.
So what it'll look like is this:
Agnes's artifact is getting to know her as it merges, it knows where it is within her, how to react and move to her. It's basically like as it merges it's being dropped into the middle of a well-populated area with streets and a map. It knows where it's going, it knows how to get there. Because of this, Agnes can have great communication with the artifact and can call on it whenever she wants, because it hears her, it knows where to find her and where to find whatever it is she wants.
Ezzie's artifact was thrown into a cornfield, by comparison. It cannot see where it is. It cannot know who it's in. Sometimes - when situations get DIRE - it can see enough to react and help, but otherwise it's like it's not even there, because it has no idea who or where or what is even going on. If Ezzie wants to call on it to help her... sometimes it hears her and tries to respond... sometimes it hears her and can't respond... and sometimes it doesn't hear her at all.

Also important to note - every artifact has different things it does. Ezzie's won't get known very much because Ezzie has never been able to "sync up" with it like Agnes is. So I can tell you that if Ezzie COULD'VE "synced up" with her artifact, she would've been granted healing, shields, flight (by turning into a bird at will), and she can defend herself with a "magical" burst of lightning. This is hopefully a little familiar to you, as Adam ironically spoke about Adriel creating "artifacts" before, but joking that humans would likely never run into them, well... Ezzie's is one of hers, which is why the abilities are very similar to Adriel's natural abilities. Not all artifacts are made by her though, it was more just a nice coincidence. :yes:

Now Ezzie has her set of things she can "do" with her artifact (or could, had she merged properly with it), and Agnes has a completely different set. Each artifact has a strengths and weaknesses. Ezzie's was revealed to be cold, as it's too slow and not "dire" enough for the artifact to react in time to save her.
Agnes's... she's got some super fun abilities I'm going to have a shit-ton of fun playing with! I'll just say that and drop in pictures of what a fully merged artifact might look like... :whistle:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: HIATUS

Post by Livvielove »

Hey everyone!

I'm updating all of my stories to alert people that I will be going on a 3 month hiatus. Read about it here!
In the meantime, I'd appreciate any feedback on the things brought up in my note, and will continue to update my Tumblr with teasers and hype for my strong return in 2019!
Thank you for your time and patience with me!

Lots of love,
Livvielove
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
OOOOH! That makes lots of sense! I'm talking about the artifacts, and Ezzie/Agnes, by the way. Although the Werewolf/snake thing does, too. Just because he's a werewolf doesn't mean he's not also a snake, of course. But maybe he's a cobra, while the other one is a three-stepper? Cobra bites are deadly, but at least they give you time to get the antidote. A three-stepper barely gives you time to scream.

I like the whole artifacts thing, though! They are definitely alive, in a way. I do hope that Ezzie finally accepts the artifact as a saving grace, and helps it find its way out of the cornfield. Once it's mutual, it should work, right?

Wait, when you say, "ripped from her mother's womb" you don't mean they actually did a C-section EARLY, before she was fully ready, just so they could stick the artifact in her?! Or maybe you really mean, "ripped from her mother's arms just after birth" or maybe "Ripped from the midwive's hands as she was guiding the baby out of the birth canal, and the jerkwads just yanked her the rest of the way out, which explains why she has no younger siblings"?

Ugh.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

MichelleCYoung wrote:
Spoiler:
OOOOH! That makes lots of sense! I'm talking about the artifacts, and Ezzie/Agnes, by the way. Although the Werewolf/snake thing does, too. Just because he's a werewolf doesn't mean he's not also a snake, of course. But maybe he's a cobra, while the other one is a three-stepper? Cobra bites are deadly, but at least they give you time to get the antidote. A three-stepper barely gives you time to scream.

I like the whole artifacts thing, though! They are definitely alive, in a way. I do hope that Ezzie finally accepts the artifact as a saving grace, and helps it find its way out of the cornfield. Once it's mutual, it should work, right?

Wait, when you say, "ripped from her mother's womb" you don't mean they actually did a C-section EARLY, before she was fully ready, just so they could stick the artifact in her?! Or maybe you really mean, "ripped from her mother's arms just after birth" or maybe "Ripped from the midwive's hands as she was guiding the baby out of the birth canal, and the jerkwads just yanked her the rest of the way out, which explains why she has no younger siblings"?

Ugh.
Spoiler:
Hahaha your analogies are perfect, so yes, they're BOTH snakes then. Mellie's Eric would be the Cobra and Agnes's would be the three-stepper. I'm going to avoid any areas with either of those though... :lol:

Me too! I actually am just now digging into the artifacts bit with Agnes, as Ezzie was never very fond of hers to let me take a peek (and the peeks I did get were not very informative, because she's got no real connection to the artifact, so if anything me looking at her mislead me). Ideally I'd love for Ezzie to get a chance to be separated from her artifact so she can choose to willingly merge with it, but right now there's clearly a lot of up-in-the-air stuff. :shhh: Once it's mutual it absolutely should work! It'd be like having an extension of your powers, but I also believe there's a slight moral obligation to it, depending on the artifact. Like given this is an artifact of Adriel, I do not think the artifact would LIKE being used to harm someone innocent, and therefore might separate itself from the user if they should do something it dislikes. It's something I'm still learning about as well as I dig into it, and it's fun for me as I get to slowly piece together this puzzle!

Also yes, lol you understood me correctly the second part - as soon as she was birthed she was yanked away to try this artifact out on her. They barely checked to see if she was breathing/crying.
I'm getting really excited to show a bit more of her family structure, as I get the feeling it'll surprise people. :yes:
:heart: Thank you! I love this kind of conversation! Keeps my brain juices going! Also keeps me sane when I'm working on homework. XD
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: I'm Back! (1/1/19)

Post by Livvielove »

Alright, it's the first of the year, and I'm BACK!

I have a note to update everyone on my status (it's the same for all of my stories). Here's looking forward to 2019!

Nightingale's first chapter will release the last Friday of the month, the 25th. :heart:

Thanks for all your patience with me!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: 16 (1/25/19)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - Back in action with a nice gooshy one. ;)

Taking Risks

“I’m going to keep you safe, no matter what that takes.”
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: 16 (2/14/19)

Post by Livvielove »

Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: 17 (2/22/19)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - Weee, I’m so excited for this one! I worked SO hard on the editing! I hope you enjoy it!

Little Fish and the Conch Shell

“Hard to say. These are sealed off memories. Someone locked them off to you with Hallë magic - and I would be willing to bet it was the man in this memory.”
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: 18, 1(3/22/19)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - So I’m taking a really different approach to this chapter as we side-step for the whole of Chapter 18. This got really long so I split it into 2 parts, part 2 being released next month. The style of this is only for chapter 18 and meant to expand upon the ending of the last chapter. I hope you all enjoy. Trigger Warning: This chapter contains child abuse/negligence, teenage sexual themes, blood and violence.

Part One: Playing Pretend Never Lasts

Yes, I could pretend to be brave, but the thing about pretending was there was always a point when you had to stop.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: 18, 1(3/29/19)

Post by Livvielove »

Fifth Friday Post

We've hit our first, fifth-Friday, so have a very long brain dump of behind the scenes!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: 18, 2(4/27/19)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - Hey, all. I’m sorry this one was late. I finished my classes last week and just didn’t have enough time to get my chapter out in time. I’ve caught up with my schedule and since this semester was so rough, I’m taking off the month of May to recover. <3 This chapter has a fair list of warnings, so please read them before going in. See you after a month!

Part Two: In This Life and the Next

Nothing else needed to exist. Not our pasts. Not my shackles. Not the uncertainty of tomorrow. Just him and now.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Song of the Nightingale: 18, 2(4/27/19)

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just caught up, and then spent two solid minutes going "No! NO! NO NONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOO!"
DANG, Livvie!

Return to “Sims 3 Stories”