DSLady's Houses

DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

DSLady's Houses

Post by DSLady »

Hi! I’ve recently gotten more interested in building houses in TS3, and have amassed a collection of cute houses that I’ve put time and effort into, and yet will probably never use, so I figured I’d share them all with you!

Until recently I’d always dreaded building houses because I have the architectural creativity of a squashed gnat, and so everything always came out looking like ugly grey boxes. But then I went looking for floorplans online, and that's where most (okay, all) of my ideas/houses come from. Sometimes they’re exactly the same as the houseplan, but more often than not I’ll take some creative liberties with them, just so they actually work in the game.

All of the floor plans I’ve used can be found online, and if you do use one of my houses in a published story/legacy, please give credit!

I have a Wordpress blog, here, but I'll repost the FAQ (or Anticipated-To-Be-Asked Questions, really!) here under a spoiler as it does contain some semi-important info!
Spoiler:
What EPs / SPs / Store Content do you use?

I have most, if not all, of the Expansion Packs and a large number of the Stuff Packs, which will be used liberally throughout the builds, unless specified otherwise on a build’s page. I do also use some Store Content, which will also be mentioned on the builds page if it is a key feature of that house.

This leads me into the next question;

Can I change the furniture / remodel the walls?

I won’t be too strict about remodelling walls, although I’d prefer you keep it to a minimum as I do put a lot of time and effort into make these houses, but for furniture/decorations/wallpaper/carpets etc, go ahead and swap them around or recolour them! In fact, I generally don’t recolour carpets or wallpaper for this very reason.

Landscaping?

Do whatever the hell you want there, honestly. I can barely build houses, let alone do the landscaping too! I might have added some flowers to the front/sides to make things look less empty, but that’s just personal preference.

Can I request a house?

Sure! Try and make your request as detailed as possible (remember my architectural creativity is practically zero), with which rooms you’d like/how many bedrooms/house style, etc!

Can I have X House unfurnished?

Of course! Just pop a comment somewhere relevant, and I’ll get to it ASAP :)
[hr]

Fairytale Studio Cottage
(20×20, bedroom/kitchen, bathroom)

Shades of Blue
(40×40, living room/kitchen/study, nursery, 4 bed, 2 bath, pool, outdoor firepit & BBQ area, multi level porch areas)

Seashell Cottage - my OWBC family will eventually be using this house!
(35×35, living room/study, kitchen, nursery, 4 bed, 2.5 bath, covered patio, private balcony)

Ocean Place
(30×20, living room, kitchen w/ breakfast bar, nursery, private balconies, 4 bed, 3 bath)

Dawn View
(50×50, living room, kitchen, dining room, 6 bed, 6 bath, rear patio w/ firepit & fireplace)

Alpine Breeze
(40×30, living room, kitchen, dining room, study/art room, library 4 bed, 4 bath, rear porch)

Mulberry Lodge
(30×30, 5 bed, 4 bath, kitchen diner, enclosed rear porch)

Sunflower House
(30×40, 3 bed, 4 bath, kitchen diner, breakfast bar, TV cubby, rear BBQ patio, front patio)
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: DSLady's Houses

Post by Livvielove »

AHHH I'm in LOVE with these! I knew of some of them but LOOK at how gorgeous they are! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Oh right, one question, how do you feel about these being used in stories (with credit, of course)? I think I've asked before but now I'm seeing all these gorgeous houses and feeling the itch to just download everything...
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I want to ask the same question as Livvie about using them in stories and stuff!!

Those are awesome builds!!! :applause:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

LIVVIE, YOU FLATTER ME :swoon:

And yes, of course! If you need something specific for a story, too, I can try to build something more personal - I am limited by floorplans (FOR NOW!) due to my pathetic architectural creativity, but I'll do my best! :blush:
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4

Return to “Sims 3 Creations”