Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Story Newsletter: November 2018

Post by Livvielove »

Happy Belated Halloween, Boolpropians!
What a month we've had around here! We've got a fantastic new challenge and a whole host of awesome events coordinated by itsjulie to celebrate the spooky season! This month brings in Boolprop's 13th Birthday, so prepare for some more merriment and joy! It's a busy time of year so be sure to take time out and send some love to Julie for making such awesome graphics and taking all the time she does to make these events so special. :heart:
Other good news for those who have taken a spin around the forum in the past few weeks will know that there's a bit of a change that went on! Heather and I went through and mass cleaned up the forum to reduce boards, make the site easier to navigate, and remove some pretty old story threads, for more information about where things are: here's the information about the board reduction, and here's the information on the story cleanup. Both have been completed and there is no more work to be done for now regarding it! Hopefully everyone is adjusting to the changes! Anyways, let's talk about stories!
[hr]

Well, well, anyone who is unaware of the Halloween Events might be rather unaware that we've got yet another new Boolprop Challenge to add to our small but mighty collection... that's right the DyNasty of Darkness has arrived! Created by itsjulie and myself, we've designed a challenge meant to be different from many we've tried before. Take over the town, build up your graveyard, and show your neighbors what a real monster looks like! For those who are interested and complete the 5 generation affair, you'll receive this pretty medal: Image
Find the rules here or go cheer on our members' challenge attempts found here!
[hr]

November Winners

Congratulations to our new winners!
The Dysfunkshinul Legacy - A Sims 3 Legacy by Gryffindork
About the Story:
The Dysfunkshinul Legacy has been kicking (and biting and scratching and throwing punches) since 2012, and in that time we've averaged about a generation per year. It's been a painful ride and I'm deeply sorry to everyone who's made the mistake of getting involved. This observational, far-too-casual Pinstar Legacy was the brainchild of a simmer overwhelmed by the pursuit of perfection, and I am proud to say that it has been more overwhelming than my (eight) past legacy attempts combined. From our founding father Tewl, to his badass son Razor, to Katana the outdoors-hating adventurer, to psychotic chinadoll Lira, to Gumby the Cowardly Celery, to Calamity the catatonic firefighting ghost - and to our current heiress Siesta, who is part alien, part robot, and full idiot - this legacy has produced some real charming weirdos who've made gameplay a total slog but who've won me over in spite of myself. Now if I could only finish the dumb thing.

Some pictures without context:

<~~~>
The Atlene Project - a Sims 2 Build a City Challenge by Atlene
<~~~>
100 The Hive - a Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge by Rawla
From the Author:
The 100 Hive is different from other baby challenges in that the matriarch marries each of the males before Trying For Baby. Each male will sire a few pregnancies before joining the hall/courtyard/etc. of remembrance. (dying) Their picture and Urn will join the ones that came before them. The pictures of each child as they age to YA will also be displayed. Its a story of happenings and not a structured story-line. Thanks for reading!
[hr]
Laugh your guts off at a chapter's hilarity? Cry at a moving moment in a story? Really like someone's picture-taking abilities? Give that someone a Kudos today! Click here! They won't know how awesome you think they are unless you tell them!
New Member Stories this Month: Give 'em a warm, Boolprop welcome!

New Stories this Month: Stop by and support our awesome members' new stories!

Anniversaries: Congratulations on a(nother) year with your story!
  • Jenn celebrated ONE year on Boolprop with Ivory's Sliding Doors on October 22nd!
  • Sunnyside Valley Prosperity Take 2 by skyegal23 celebrated ONE year on Boolprop on October 21st!
  • Cororon's (with the help of Tox) story Mike Malone - The Dirty Cop celebrated ONE year on Boolprop on October 13th!
  • Livvielove (that's-a-me) celebrated TWO years (*chokes* has it been that long) with Song of the Nightingale on October 22nd!
  • The Fallen ISBI by Miss Miserie celebrated FOUR years on Boolprop on October 8th!
    Congratulations and may you have many more years of prosperous Simming and writing!
For those of you participating in NaNoWriMo with me, good luck! I'm rooting for you! As for everyone else - go out and spread some story love, and keep an eye out for all the Forum Events incoming! Have a fantastic November!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Story Newsletter: November 2018

Post by Teresa »

I can't believe it is already November!

Great job on the Halloween events!
... and the story board cleanup!!
... and the new Boolprop Challenge!!!
... and the Story of the Month Winners!!!!
... and all of the new stories this month!!!!!
... and the stories that have been around long enough to have anniversaries!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for making Boolprop a wonderful place for 13 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

Thanks for the honor! Congrats to everyone for being so very awesome! Boolprop is great! :celebration: :hugs: Happy Anniversary! :party:
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

So many new stories to check out!!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
heatherfeather

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by heatherfeather »

I love reading these!
Teresa