The Dysfunkshinul Legacy

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: Generation 6 (UPDATED July 13t

Post by Gryffindork »

And with one more push from whatever productivity demon has possessed me, we're done with Generation Six!

6.14 Enter Sandman

Heir poll coming soon!
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: Generation 6 (UPDATED July 13t

Post by Gryffindork »

Heir poll is now up HERE!
Image Image Image
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: GEN 7 HEIR REVEALED

Post by Taube »

So, I know I am severely late to the party to be commenting, but I got curious about this legacy after seeing the pic in your siggy, and I've spent a few late nights over the last week binge reading this. It was so worth it! I really love how all your sims in every generation have really unique, quirky personalities, and your writing really cracks me up. It's a really great legacy and I just wanted to show you some love for it. I hope you'll update this in the future! :thup:
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: GEN 7 HEIR REVEALED

Post by Nevermore »

OMG! I practically chain read this. Each generation is so amusing and quirky. My fave generation is generation four. The moment that cracked me up is "Who wore it better? This guy? Or this toad." :lol: Toad proposal... :rotfl:

Love this legacy so much.

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: GEN 7 PROLOGUE POSTED (18/6/18

Post by Gryffindork »

Taube and Nev, thank you so much for your comments! :heartbeat: I'm a super slacker on keeping up with this thread, but I'm so glad to have some new readers!

On which note: I have an update! It's a cheater update and features no new content, but we're getting there. :lol:

7.0 Quinnspiracy Decoded: A Prologue

Also a distraction post from last week about some cool stuff I did while not updating this legacy.
Image Image Image
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Gryffindork, not only is your legacy hilarious, but your conspiracy theorying is utterly brilliant! You sure have me convinced.
Spoiler:
I mean, with THAT future, OF COURSE the Blues want to do something. Time machines are readily available at the consignment store, so surely, they have also been there, and witnessed the ginger disaster, for themselves. Yes, the plans are in motion, and poor Siesta doesn't have a clue! But I am confident that Bot-girl and 007 will bravely trounce the bad guys, rescue the Blue Damsel, and restore the future to what it should be - Black-haired, blue-skinned Langurds!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Michelle: Thank you so much!
Spoiler:
It's good to see someone getting as invested in the conspiracy as I am! Yes, this next generation suddenly has a lot more weight to it, but something tells me Siesta will best the baddies without even knowing what she's doing. ;)
Update: again not a real post, but I need help naming my new PC! (Also these fools turned 6 yesterday?)

Happy 6th Birthday + Name My New PC!
Image Image Image
Candi0207

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: Happy 6 Years + NAME MY PC!

Post by Candi0207 »

Oh this legacy is addicting. So much to say, I'm through section one and into section two, and if I didn't have a pesky thing (like a job) I would totally binge read the rest of this.
Spoiler:
First of all, I may steal the term "Craisin". I think it should always be used to describe crazy elderly sims. And I loved your founder Tewl. What a tool. I was sad when Chris and Tuesday had to go. Chris reminded me of Clark Kent for some reason and I kept waiting for him to turn into Superman. Tuesday's facial expression makes me really want a grumpy sim in my legacy. Awesome how each chapter was ending with some poor sim in labor. Razor's eyebrows complete him. Can't wait to read more, not completely finished yet, but I admire how you update regularly, at least so far as I've read. I go in in spurts, and to be in college and doing that, well, been there, done that and it ain't easy... college is a time killer just like a job. Thanks for the laughs, I'll be back, probably tomorrow, after I get off work (I'm a vaccinator in real life, but I don't get to shoot my enemies in the face like Morgana. Pity). :shiftyeyes:
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: Happy 6 Years + NAME MY PC!

Post by Gryffindork »

Candi:
Spoiler:
Ah, I still get way too starstruck when you comment on my stuff! (I'm sorry if that's weird - thirteen-year-old Sam was OBSESSED with the Uglacy. :lol: ) Honestly, I think I updated more in college than I did while I was unemployed. There's something about having actual deadlines to ignore that makes me a really productive blogger. Spoiler though, the only thing regular about my updating now is its irregularity - there have been a few year-long breaks in there, I think. :sarcastic: Tewl and Chris are so long gone now, I'm loving this trip down memory lane. I feel like "I kept waiting for him to turn into Superman" describes Chris's life perfectly. Also, despite what you say, I'm totally picturing you with a giant syringe like Morgana's, shooting your enemies in the face. :rotfl:
But also...!!

Is this a pigeon a real update???
Image Image Image
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.1 POSTED 02/08

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

*takes a deep breath* ooooooh i've a lot to catch up on here!!!
[several edits to come as i get thru each gen]

gen 1
Spoiler:
1.1 - tewl is a tool but i love him anyway. christopher stole that football :rofl:

1.2 - is there anything better than the motorcycle? before i even saw the caption i was thinking the same metapod joke! i've never played erin kennedy before she seems like she'd make cutie kids!

1.3 - i, like tamara, enjoyed being wooed because of toilet facilities. and my star is a streetlight too omg.

1.4 - christopher get over the football jeeeez :#1:

1.5 - chrisxtamara forever. also banned4lyfe? i haven't heard that in years i feel a flashback coming on :wizard:

1.6 - "tewl is behaving inappropriately" hahahaha get em cesar. that fight between tewl and chris was honestly the most dramatic thing i've seen in years. bro :fight: and that list of people who dislike tewl is nothing short of impressive.

1.7 - "tuesday is wide open for moving-in" :hmm: i laughed out loud at christopher shouting at tewl for trying to "marry" tuesday. also boyd I’M SEVENTY-FOUR, GODDAMMIT! sims really do make the best faces sometimes. and A DAUGHTER? i should have known! :jawdrop:

1.8 - chris chill bro - wrinkles are not the be all and end all. damn tewl you have been busy :diablo: and finally legit heir times! triplets!!

1.9 - damn tuesday you had ONE job. also huge congrats to microwave for it's future offspring. tewl has too many kids i've lost count!

1.10 - i can't believe how many toddlers i'm seeing after all the trouble you had to get them to this point!! oh tewl, you never change

1.11 - tewl and a bird on his shoulder - dream!! i just want to give that poor babysitter a hug.

1.12 - elder morgana!! damn what is with the hands horror sequence today

1.13 - long live smewl!!

1.14 - tewl is still rocking it as an elder. teen triplets wow! star is a business woman to be reckoned with.

1.15 - hello tiny snek! that poor fireman - although it's a good start to his new career :woot:

1.16 - go arabella! prom queen yaaas.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.1 POSTED 02/08

Post by Gryffindork »

Nichola, I live for your commentary! :hearts: I hope you enjoy the rest!
Spoiler:
Gen 2 was literal hell with all those toddlers, but apparently I never learned my lesson because I just one-upped it with Gen 8 and I'm dying all over again. Man all of this is such a blast from the past - I'd totally forgotten about Smewl! :lol: Good times, good times.
I also come bearing an update!

7.2 Forbidden
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.3 POSTED 07/08

Post by Gryffindork »

When was the last time I published two of these 12 hours apart? :O

7.3 Switching Protocols
Image Image Image
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

gen 2!
Spoiler:
2.1 - yes the alphabet does go zzzZzzzz did you not know??? and finally a tewl wedding! well it's about damn time!!
2.2 - da fings i do fer love ahahaha dying
2.3 - keg: don’t tell my heart, my achy breaky heart, I just don’t th— BYE NOW. :rofl:
2.4 - damn ara got burrrrrrrrrrned by a ghost
2.5 - damn tewl still going after the younger ladies huh :bullwhip: i suppose since he died 2 pictures later it can be allowed... :nono: has the house ever been this quiet?
not for years.
2.6 - @ ea we need to talk about these face glitches :party2: katana: i hate everything - omg same
2.7 - i never realised how intense razor's face is until just now. JESUS JERGENS i'd be terrified. are we sure tewl doesn't have any more kids? :spit:
2.8 - katana has very much inherited the family rage :cryingeyes: i'm so proud
2.9 - liquor before beer, always piss down a slope, and don’t ever take no funny-looking pills from a guy with an eye patch. solid advice
2.10 - think it's time to venture elsewhere, sunset valley is tewl's entire legacy :neener:
edit! since i have a LOT to catch up on i'll go through and leave a like when i finish a chapter and eventually i'll be up to date :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Apparently, I got used to not checking this, and missed a few chapters!
Spoiler:
"Gee, Mom, who pissed in your waffles?" I laughed out loud, for reals, and hurt my back at this, but it was WORTH. IT! :spin:

"Indeed, they taste like victory." Aaaah, Breandan. You are... I'm at a loss for an adjective, but I love you, man.

OMG! Elegant Swan! Is that store content, from the dance studio, or what? Anyway, it is PERFECT! Trance, my boy, I love you, too. And the connection to Draco just killed it, in a good way. Draco is not a nice guy, but (how do I put a spoiler tag inside as spoiler tag? Uhhhh, if you haven't read all of the Harry Potter novels AND the new play, just skip the rest of this paragraph. Stop reading... NOW! So, anyway, I know that Draco is a jerk, but I also love how J.K. Rowling 1) set him up as a child who has been abused by his father, and basically groomed to be a jerk, so you really feel sorry for him, as well as angry at him, and 2) gave him some AWESOME character growth. DANG that man is a sympathetic character, especially once he's a father, himself. Also, who says you can't break the cycle of abuse? YOU GO, DRACO! WOOT! You're an example to a whole lot of abusive jerk-bags who use their own childhood abuse as an excuse to pass it on another generation. I want to give you a hug, and I really wish your wife had lived, because I actually want you to be happy, but maybe you'll find a nice woman to be a new wife and stepmother to your son, and find some happiness? I hope so. Just not Pansy, OK? NOT Pansy. And also, THANK YOU for proving that just because you're Slytherin, doesn't mean you're evil. Well, you know, you and Snape and that potions professor whose name escapes me, but who I adored, even though his vicarious ambition sort of squicked me. The main character trait for Slytherin house was NOT evil. Although if it was really cunning, I have no idea who those two idiots got in. I think it was more of a "nobody else wants you, so I'll take you, if you're pure-blood" thing. Sort of like The Bastard in "The Curse of Challion," and OMG, there are SO MANY GOOD BOOKS! OK, back to the Sims. Sorry about the tangent. But have you read "The Curse of Challion?" It gave me a sort of fondness for ravens (or is it crows? I get confused) and rats, and other un-appreciated and often assumed to be evil omens animals. I really LIKE the pantheon that Lois McMaster Bujold set up in her world. It is made of awesome.

OK, spoiler-skippers! It's safe to read again. Back to the sims!

Thank you for that kind comment about receptionists. Too many people look down on receptionists, thinking it is some sort of cushy job that anyone can do, but let me tell you, it is VERY challenging. You have to think fast, know everyone and everything they do, and never press the wrong button on the telephone. And you have to smile all the time, even while you are politely but firmly telling pushy people who don't belong to go jump in a lake. But not the little lake on the business park property. That's just a pretty pond, for aesthetic value. I mean a real one, somewhere far, far away. Like, on Naboo, or something. Have a nice day! :mrgreen:

"safety first" :rofl:

"(You know you have suffered when a properly functioning game makes you bow to fictional gods.)" Uh huh. Been there. Done that.

Wait, wait. Tearing yourself away from all things gaming? WHAT?! Please don't do that to us! "Peace out" on your own time. You have a story to finish!

Awwwww, Siesta and Riza are so cute together! Riza actually looks like Siesta's baby in that picture. And matching "outfits". Well, you know, blankie.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dusty! How could you? Also, I had no idea you could actually get tears in your sims eyes?!

Whoa. Just whoaaaa. OK, I now officially despise Breandan. Poor Rhapsody! Siri was wrong, to be sure, but at least she wasn't abandoning her own offspring, or anything like that. I always blame the "committed" person more than the "homewrecker," unless the "homewrecker" is also "committed" in their own relationship, in which case two adulterers totally suck beachballs through a straw. But in this case, Siri is just a jerk, and Breandon is a complete, and utter JACKASS. WAaaaah! I need to reach into my screen and hug poor Rhapsody!

OK, how are you getting tourists from the future? I didn't know that was even possible!

Oh, no, Jada! Don't! You're too good for him! Although, I have to say, that insane face is AWESOME!

"Shut up, Charcoal!" :rofl:

OMG, the picture of Jada "mulling over her feelings" on top of the swimming pool is fantastic!

HAHAHahhAAA~ "floordrobe." Oh, that reminds me. I really need to put away the clothes I washed last week. Or was it the week before? I totally lost track. Meh. The nice thing about being disabled is that I totally can live in my bathrobe if I want to, so I really do laundry really rarely, and just how old ARE those clean clothes? I don't know. Eh, I'll put them away tomorrow. Maybe.

Also, YAY, Kip! At last!
And now I'm all caught up, I can't wait for the next update. But I suppose I'll have to, because it isn't released yet, and there's nothing for it, but I don't have to enjoy the wait. So there! Hmmpfh.

I hope you're doing this for SimNaWriMo! Yaaay!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.4 POSTED Sep 1

Post by Gryffindork »

Nichola:
Spoiler:
I love your commitment and organization with this commenting thing! It's kind of like getting a speedy recap of my own legacy, since I've forgotten so much of the early stuff. I miss writing in Tewl tones honestly, and now I think I need to photoshop some kind of motivational graphic with "da fings I do fer love" and Tewl's face. :lol: He truly never did stop sleazing until his dying day. :roll: And JERGENS, why must you remind me of the horror!!
Michelle:
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure you laughed at all the jokes I thought were hysterical when I wrote them (who pissed in your waffles, shut up Charcoal, the swimming pool, etc.) but then no one commented on, so thank you for appreciating my dud humour. :lol:

As someone who has indeed read all the books and the play (I mean, just look at my username) I appreciate your Draco insights! I always thought readers focused too much on Snape's character development - which is really well done of course, but at the end of the day Snape is still just a sad guy who can't get over his first crush. Draco is far more complex in my opinion, and if you want to get really deep into literary theory, he's also a perfect foil for Harry's character. They're both products of circumstance and both have duties they have no choice but to fulfill, but it just happens that Harry's duty is more noble than Draco's. Being an awful brat with slicked-back hair doesn't help his case but at least you know he's self-aware. I think the potions professor you're thinking of is Slughorn, and no, unfortunately I haven't read The Curse of the Challion, but it sounds like I should!

Shortly before I wrote that post, I witnessed a dental receptionist being completely verbally abused by some lady who doesn't know how dentists work... it was both hilarious and painful and I have a ton of respect.

Siesta's "tears" were totally a trick of the light but I don't really want to believe that. These early chapters make me so sad because I neglected her so much in favour of Kip and Trance, but my poor little Heat-Loving girl will get her day in the sun, I promise. :lol:
And yes, the Langurds and I are tackling SimNoWriMo! Here's our first update:

7.4 Loop Detected
Image Image Image
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.4 POSTED Sep 1

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, goody! I'm so happy!
Spoiler:
You're just having a grand time with those glitches, aren't you? Wait! They're not glitches! They're CGI special effects! Yeah!

"Carry me."

You gotta love Jada. And now I want to buy a Wilson Picket album. Thanks.

Ani-Mei! I hope she is happy, because she deserves happiness. Not so sure about Jerald deserving Ani-Mei.

LOL! Poor Samir!

Trance must smolder. His poor eardrums, but at least he's smoldering.

Cal really is awesome!

Siesta. Oh, you sweet summer child. No. Hehgehehhehehe

LOL! "Erupt those disputes! Be unamused!" I love your wordcraft.

Thank you! Pumpkin "spice" is everywhere. Glad to see it's just right in your world.

"OH, WHAT A SHAME."

Oh, Jada! Too stupid to live?

LOL! You literally had to build a bridge to save her. Wow.

OH, I love it when the sims "randomly" roll exactly what fits them perfectly, already. He is a total Diva!
Happy birthday, Trance! "Glow up" indeed.

Oh, Trance! Literally made me cackle at that date catastrophe!

She literally said yes, so that she wouldn't have to worry about him making it even worst next time.

Oh, KIP! :rofl:

I did not know you could get visitors from the future, let alone random robots. Poor Rizza.

Ooooh! going to Egypt? That's gonna be aweseome!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.5 POSTED Dec 13

Post by Gryffindork »

7.5 Temporary Redirect has exited my hard drive at last, and good riddance :heavybreathing:
Image Image Image
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nevermore »

Spoiler:
:lol: Poor Trance. Maybe one day he'll make things work with Delilah, or maybe not... :mrgreen:
Bwaahaha! Kip and Jada having their own tomb party. :wink: :wink:
:rofl: Siesta!

I love this legacy so much.

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Linking this distraction post because it contains some fairly important news regarding the fate of the legacy :shifty:
Image Image Image

Return to “Sims 3 Completed Stories”