The Boolprop Monster Mash Challenge! (TS2/3/4)

madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Boolprop Monster Mash Challenge! (TS2/3/4)

Post by madeinsixam »

peachy123uk wrote: December 31st, 2023, 12:40 am i would say a pre-made house is fair game if you have the funds for it
Awesome, thanks!
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

I messed up and forgot that in vanilla TS2, teens can't become Plantsims. I also ended up making my teen black sheep a vampire so she's stuck as a teenager atm. Can I age her up towards the end of the challenge so she can become a PlantSim? Or cure her vampirism, let her age up, then become a vampire again as an adult? Thank you!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

madeinsixam wrote: January 1st, 2024, 10:37 am I messed up and forgot that in vanilla TS2, teens can't become Plantsims. I also ended up making my teen black sheep a vampire so she's stuck as a teenager atm. Can I age her up towards the end of the challenge so she can become a PlantSim? Or cure her vampirism, let her age up, then become a vampire again as an adult? Thank you!
I completely forgot in vanilla TS2 vampires can't age. :lol: I'd say curing her vampirism to let her age up, then becoming a vampire again sounds like a fine fix!
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Heather wrote: January 1st, 2024, 12:25 pm
madeinsixam wrote: January 1st, 2024, 10:37 am I messed up and forgot that in vanilla TS2, teens can't become Plantsims. I also ended up making my teen black sheep a vampire so she's stuck as a teenager atm. Can I age her up towards the end of the challenge so she can become a PlantSim? Or cure her vampirism, let her age up, then become a vampire again as an adult? Thank you!
I completely forgot in vanilla TS2 vampires can't age. :lol: I'd say curing her vampirism to let her age up, then becoming a vampire again sounds like a fine fix!
Thank you! ^^
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

I managed to finish the challenge but I've got another question. My founder and his spouse died (flu) and later in the game I brought them back. The founder then adopted some kids. Does that count towards the family mini-challenge or not? I didn't see anything in the rules against bringing someone back but now I'm not sure. Thank you!

EDIT: Does a Servo count as a supernatural family member? And if you get three different witches that's +30 points if you attempt that mini-challenge, but do you get points for having just two witches? And does the black sheep count towards that?
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

madeinsixam wrote: January 1st, 2024, 4:32 pm I managed to finish the challenge but I've got another question. My founder and his spouse died (flu) and later in the game I brought them back. The founder then adopted some kids. Does that count towards the family mini-challenge or not? I didn't see anything in the rules against bringing someone back but now I'm not sure. Thank you!

EDIT: Does a Servo count as a supernatural family member? And if you get three different witches that's +30 points if you attempt that mini-challenge, but do you get points for having just two witches? And does the black sheep count towards that?
Not 100% sure about sims being brought back, since life-extending items are against the rules? Depends on how they were brought back I guess, haha. To be safe I'd say the kids would have had to be adopted before their death to count.

I don't believe servos count towards being a supernatural family member, as they already receive points for having been built. Scratch that, I apparently counted them for the family member bonus in my own, so we'll say yes they do. :lol: The black sheep does not count as one of your witches, it needs to be 3 different members of the family. If you do not meet the 3 witch total, you just get +5 for each of the extra witches you have, as per the supernatural member points. (They still count towards for the supernatural family members if you complete the witch bonus as well.)
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Heather wrote: January 1st, 2024, 5:55 pm
madeinsixam wrote: January 1st, 2024, 4:32 pm I managed to finish the challenge but I've got another question. My founder and his spouse died (flu) and later in the game I brought them back. The founder then adopted some kids. Does that count towards the family mini-challenge or not? I didn't see anything in the rules against bringing someone back but now I'm not sure. Thank you!

Not 100% sure about sims being brought back, since life-extending items are against the rules? Depends on how they were brought back I guess, haha. To be safe I'd say the kids would have had to be adopted before their death to count.

I don't believe servos count towards being a supernatural family member, as they already receive points for having been built. Scratch that, I apparently counted them for the family member bonus in my own, so we'll say yes they do. :lol: The black sheep does not count as one of your witches, it needs to be 3 different members of the family. If you do not meet the 3 witch total, you just get +5 for each of the extra witches you have, as per the supernatural member points. (They still count towards for the supernatural family members if you complete the witch bonus as well.)

Thank you! They were brought back via genie lamp. If that doesn't count: my black sheep was living with only one relative before bringing the other back and is indeed best friends with that relative, so does that mean she's best friends with "everyone"? I accidentally made things too complicated by bringing back the others but I was bored :rotfl:

So for the witches, if only one family member is a witch that's just +10 rather than +30? Or do we only get points if we achieve all three witches?

Thank you for being patient with me hahaha
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

madeinsixam wrote: January 1st, 2024, 6:30 pm Thank you! They were brought back via genie lamp. If that doesn't count: my black sheep was living with only one relative before bringing the other back and is indeed best friends with that relative, so does that mean she's best friends with "everyone"? I accidentally made things too complicated by bringing back the others but I was bored :rotfl:

So for the witches, if only one family member is a witch that's just +10 rather than +30? Or do we only get points if we achieve all three witches?

I'm gonna say if you were lucky enough to get a genie lamp I'll let the resurrection slide! Otherwise yes, if the founders are gone and you're friends with your one and only relative that would count, haha.

Yes, you need 4 witches (3 family members plus your black sheep) to get the full 30 points for collecting all three, otherwise you get +5 for that one family member being a witch. You'd only get +10 if you had 2 family members besides the black sheep that are witches. Should probably also note they need to reach the max rank to receive the points, aka be atrociously evil, true neutral, and infallibly good.

No worries, it's making me want to do another run of the challenge in TS4 though. :lol:
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Heather wrote: January 1st, 2024, 6:36 pm
madeinsixam wrote: January 1st, 2024, 6:30 pm Thank you! They were brought back via genie lamp. If that doesn't count: my black sheep was living with only one relative before bringing the other back and is indeed best friends with that relative, so does that mean she's best friends with "everyone"? I accidentally made things too complicated by bringing back the others but I was bored :rotfl:

I'm gonna say if you were lucky enough to get a genie lamp I'll let the resurrection slide! Otherwise yes, if the founders are gone and you're friends with your one and only relative that would count, haha.

Yes, you need 4 witches (3 family members plus your black sheep) to get the full 30 points for collecting all three, otherwise you get +5 for that one family member being a witch. You'd only get +10 if you had 2 family members besides the black sheep that are witches. Should probably also note they need to reach the max rank to receive the points, aka be atrociously evil, true neutral, and infallibly good.

No worries, it's making me want to do another run of the challenge in TS4 though. :lol:
Do it! Supernatural Sims are my favourite and I'd love to read your challenge!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

madeinsixam wrote: January 1st, 2024, 7:11 pm Do it! Supernatural Sims are my favourite and I'd love to read your challenge!
They are my favourite too! I originally did the challenge in TS2 as a test run, but I could give it another go in 4... then I'd be able to earn my monster mash medal back. :lol:
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Heather wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 3:55 pm
madeinsixam wrote: January 1st, 2024, 7:11 pm Do it! Supernatural Sims are my favourite and I'd love to read your challenge!
They are my favourite too! I originally did the challenge in TS2 as a test run, but I could give it another go in 4... then I'd be able to earn my monster mash medal back. :lol:
Go for it! It's not the longest challenge so why not? :D Did you ever post your TS2 test run anywhere?
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

madeinsixam wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 4:04 pm
Heather wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 3:55 pm
Go for it! It's not the longest challenge so why not? :D Did you ever post your TS2 test run anywhere?
I did! It's in the completed stories section here.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”