Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

What's Going on in Your Game

Post by Teresa »

Come on people, the Sims 2 crowd is way more chatty.

So, what's going on with your sims?

Out of the woodwork and in the forum, I say! (I need a crack the whip smiley)
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Sophie

Post Counts

Re: What's Going on in Your Game

Post by Sophie »

Well, my newest sim, Holly has been seeing Alfonso Alto in Isla Paradiso, he told her he was single and she's a hopeless romantic so she fell for him. She got pregnant and then halfway through the pregnancy she saw him in the park with the other woman he's having an affair with who's name escapes me! She just had the baby, and he's super cute!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Ooh, sounds like a lot of drama, Sophie! I love it! :D

I haven't played my game in a couple of weeks, but I'm currently playing a DITFT (and have been for the past couple of years, actually :P ). My generation 9 heir is currently a teen, and he will go into the firefighter career! His Mum is the Leader of the Free World, and he also has two younger sisters, who are super cute. :)
Sophie

Post Counts

Post by Sophie »

Yeah, normally I have my sims living perfect, squeaky clean lives so I wanted to do something different for a change!

The baby has just become a child, and so far he's fairly normal, but he might start acting out soon because of the lack of a father figure at home..... :twisted: :shifty:
Olivia

Post by Olivia »

I've just started an undocumented ISBI challenge. All is going well minus that one time I accidentally sent a toddler to the potty. :shifty: I always micromanage every little action so it's kind of nice to sit back and let my sims choose what to do. I like seeing their traits expose themselves naturally. :lol:
Olivia. 28. I teach 5th graders and sometimes play the Sims.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I tend to let mine do their own thing, makes it hard to pre-write a story, but the choices they make on their own can be hilarious.
Sophie

Post Counts

Post by Sophie »

I might try doing an ISBI soon, I'm such a control freak, I micromanage everything, so it might be good for me!

I just moved the family I was talking about earlier onto a houseboat because I wanted to really explore some of the new IP features I haven't looked at yet. I'm finding it frustrating how slow the houseboat moves though! And the only 2 bedroom pre-build one is huge!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

The ISBI is on my list :yes: but first I have to finish the OWBC - 2nd generation is making their appearance today - then complete my DITFT, Random, and Name Game as they are already in the middle generations somewhere, Then I can start a new one.
Ath

Post Counts

Post by Ath »

Ugh ISBIs are the worst..I couldn't take it...I got through 1 generation! That's it!

Thanks for the sig Christie :D
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

My original sim in a non-challenge family died. He was 122, no ambrosia/life fruit/anything :eek: His husband had already died a while before, right at 90. Both of his kids are married and are still living in their (small) luxury beach house I built them. I want to move their daughter out into a bigger house, but I don't want storyprogression to let the son move out of the original house -_-
hello! :heartbeat:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I think, if you are using NRaas SP, you can set it at the house/lot level to not move. I think.
Ath

Post Counts

Post by Ath »

Chase wrote:My original sim in a non-challenge family died. He was 122, no ambrosia/life fruit/anything :eek: His husband had already died a while before, right at 90. Both of his kids are married and are still living in their (small) luxury beach house I built them. I want to move their daughter out into a bigger house, but I don't want storyprogression to let the son move out of the original house -_-
Yeah you can set it so they can't move! I think it's in master controller -> household -> something in there? Or options move!

Thanks for the sig Christie :D
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

I currently have a ton of games on the go, as usual.

Alphabetacy:
Spoiler:
In my unpublished alphabetacy, I have finally got rid of all the toddlers in the household. I still have the Generation A heir alive and kicking, though he's mostly just gardening and tinkering in his last few days. The two Generation B heirs are adults and both trying to achieve their LTWs. Brodie's, one of the heirs, wife Cassy - daughter of Bella Bachelor - has already achieved her LTW, so she just does whatever she likes usually. Betty is on her way to her LTW, although her husband died recently, so she's pretty cut up about that. As their is two heirs, there are currently 6 potential heirs/heiresses in the household, so the household number is at 10, so it's so slow and laggy. The kids are just skilling and trying to find potential mates to create generation D. I currently have no idea who to pick as the heir this generation. :shifty:

Legacy:
Spoiler:
I'm currently planning on publishing a normal legacy on here, and the founder is just currently making her way through University. I plan to begin the legacy the moment she finishes University and publish it as from there, but I really regret signing her up for two terms. It's becoming a real drag to play her now.
WYDC:
Spoiler:
I haven't really progressed a lot in my WYDC. I managed to create the mother sim and move her into Moonlight Falls, but I haven't really done a lot else. She's met a few potential Daddy's, but she has yet to get pregnant.

Pleasentview:
Spoiler:
After seeing a Pleasentview World to download, I decided to re-create all the sims from the original game. With help from a few downloaded sims, and tweaking their faces, I have finally finished moving everyone in and giving them makeovers. Next, it's time to start working on re-modelling the houses and making everything as it is when you first begin playing in TS2. I'm considering maybe publishing a story involving all the sims from this neighbourhood, but I'm gonna wait and see if time permits, etc.
As always, I've got so many different things going on in-game, but I find this best. Otherwise, I just get bored of playing the same family/world and that leads to me giving up halfway through. :lol:
BrainOfIvane

Post by BrainOfIvane »

Currently, my legacy's heir is in Monte Vista, visiting with her boyfriend's family. (She lives in Aurora Skies and met her boyfriend in Uni. Gotta love the Traveler mod. <3) They're currently getting dressed up for a skit the guys are putting up for the girls. O_o LOL. I tried doing the whole go-where-the-game-takes-you thing with generation 1, but gen 2 has become very staged... Having a lot of fun though, and it's a game... so that's the goal... to have fun. ;)
nox

Post by nox »

I recently started playing Caroline Custard in Bridgeport. She's a 4* celebrity now, has quit her job and is living with Matthew Hamming.
ssAly88

Post by ssAly88 »

I'm currently playing a witch who took the age freeze potion at young adulthood so she and her husband are immortal. She and her husband just had a baby as their daughter reached young adulthood as well. I'm trying to get the daughter out of the house just as she reaches her lifetime wish (level 10 singer career), but I'm kind of shocked at how long it took her to get to level 2 at this point.

One of the funny things that happened was my witch going to france and turning one of the locals into a toad when I had my back turned. They were getting along really well when I last looked and then, poof! Literally.
Auluna

Post by Auluna »

Trying my hardest not to kill off a couple legacy spouses just out of sheer boredom. Gen 4 has just been born and the adults aren't aging quick enough! I might have to do away with the one spouse though, he keeps hitting on his mother in law and the last thing I need is for a fight to break out. All that aside, the Gen 4 heiress is adorable! Bright red hair (custom shade of mine), dark skin, and her daddies Genie powers (mom freed dad from a lamp).
Hi, my name is Auluna and I'm a shameless user of emoticons :P :D ;)
ssAly88

Post by ssAly88 »

I have yet to try out the Genies in my game, so I would think that would be interesting! That autonomous flirting business cane be a real bummer, though. I currently have some drama planned for one of my families (different one than above) where these siblings spouses eventually cheat on their partners with each other. Before they met the heirs to the household, they were lovers, so I thought it would make a fair bit o' drama for the whole place.

Of course, the family I've mentioned above is the most interesting I've ever played. I kind of wish I had taken pictures of them, because they're a riot and I wanted to share them so much.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I haven't played Sims 3 for months! Error 12 bugged me no end. Then, Ani-Mei sent me a link with a suggestion for how to deal with Error 12, and I decided to start fresh. So far, no Error 12. Maybe just knowing how to deal with it, prevents it from happening? Like bringing an umbrella to prevent the rain.

Anyway, my founder (Waterlily Mudd) has been spending a lot of time in the future, and has created a future-tech level Plumbot to be her companion. Also, with cooking, angler and gardening chips, as soon as I manage to find a LifePlant seed, my Plumbot will cook Ambrosia for my founder, on demand!

I love ambrosia!

I'm saving up LTH points for a collection helper, to help locate seeds and nanites. Spell check just changed that to "nannies." LOL!

Waterlilly is half-water elemental and half-earth elemental, who has forsaken the elemental plain, to take up her life among the mortals. Only, she's beginning to discover that mortality isn't always as "mortal," as she first believed.

I hope to use Twallan's vacation mod to allow her to visit all the neighborhoods for a while, so she (or her descendants) can really experience it all. Since I can't make Union Cove work on my computer, that's the next best thing, to allow them to experience all the expansion packs, and what they have to offer.

And after the Badass family, I want to keep the Mudd family SMALL. Two or three children per generation, max.

I do want to marry-in or create as many different types of sims as possible. I have the Plumbot. I want a vampire, witch, fairy, werewolf, ghost, genie, invisible friend... I'm missing something. MUMMY! Not that a mummy can breed in the family, but a mummification elixir could make Grampa stick around for a looooong time. Can I have a vampire mummy? Sims 3 doesn't really allow for hybrids, does it? Ooooh! And I'd love a Mermaid! Perhaps on a visit to Isla Paradiso? Sunset Valley is the main hood, though, so I'm afraid Mer-dom would be temporary, at best.

Oh! And Waterlily has one of each color dragon, including black, which means she can keep going and going and going and going, and she already has 3 pink diamonds! Heart-shaped cut!

So now I am alternating between my Sims 2 Apocalypse challenge, and my no rules, just playing Sims 3 legacy. The Mudd legacy, which will not be posted until waaaaay down the road, so I can focus my actual postings on Badass Alphebetocalypse. But, so long as Error 12 is kept at bay, Mudd Legacy will continue behind the scenes, and I'm writing it as I go (observational style), which means when I'm ready to post, I'll post a bunch of chapters at once, most likely. The Mudd legacy is not at all plotty or planned out, though, or in any way a challenge, just playing and exploring and enjoying a fun time.

The two games are so very different, for all their similarities, that it all depends on my mood, and which "flavor" I want to play at the time.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Auluna

Post by Auluna »

Triplets!!! I ask for one child to keep the household going and I get TRIPLETS!!! What are those odds I saw with my pregnancy mod, .1% or something? :banghead:

Such is the burden we Simmers bear, eh? :dizzy:
Hi, my name is Auluna and I'm a shameless user of emoticons :P :D ;)

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”