What's Going on in Your Game

DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Re: What's Going on in Your Game

Post by DreamWeaver »

Just playing my Sharpio Legacy. Made them a new house and had too much fun with CAST-everything is bright! Waiting for the teenagers to grow up to young adults and my founder and his wife are elders. Longest legacy without cheating! Yay :raspberry: :woot:
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

So now I am alternating between my Sims 2 Apocalypse challenge, and my no rules, just playing Sims 3 legacy. The Mudd legacy, which will not be posted until waaaaay down the road, so I can focus my actual postings on Badass Alphebetocalypse. But, so long as Error 12 is kept at bay, Mudd Legacy will continue behind the scenes, and I'm writing it as I go (observational style), which means when I'm ready to post, I'll post a bunch of chapters at once, most likely. The Mudd legacy is not at all plotty or planned out, though, or in any way a challenge, just playing and exploring and enjoying a fun time.
You know I forgot, for some reason, about writing for fun while you play the family.Since I am working on a fun Random Legacy, with just playing when I avoid my BACC, I always thought I had to play awhile then make the chapter. For some reason, reading this gave me a bit of relief....

Well my Sims 3 is pretty low, I find when I'm angry at the game I just delete saves. So now I'm down to two saves. One is barely a day play DIFT, the founder based off of the "Jolly Green Giant" (something I embrace since I worked at a museum where the founding family first lived).

Then I'm starting up a Random Legacy, the only way she can make money is by Moonlighting as a bartender or track things in space with a handy telescope. She dreams to be worth 100k, while her future husband can only be a dumpster diver (great for a stay at home daddy!), while also moving in a future friend to help out, as a firefighter though. This will also be interesting, since I have a twist of not allowing taxi rides unless their willing to pay up. Which I've found there is a mod for such things. So my founder's ability to get around is by running, which I think is pretty good since finding jewels or seeds would help make her home a bit expensive to get her closer to feeling like 100k!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Echoweaver
Origin ID: Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

I thought I was participating in the "What's going on" thread. I was subscribed and everything. Did we get a new one? No wait. I've been in the "What's going on in your legacy" chat, not this one. Looks like this one last posted in March. Wellll.... Why not say something anyway?

I kind of write in my head as I play, but I don't put anything down until I assemble the pictures for a post. That gives me a chance to wrap up some of the stuff that comes afterward into the story, if it's that kind of story. I like to do everything as some kind of a narrative, even if it's not really a plot, like my ISBI. I just kind of get any idea of the torch holder's personality and then just write down whatever comes into my head when I look at the pictures. :)
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I had to post this development somewhere because I can't believe the random happenstance so I figured it had to be here. I have been kind of herping and derping around on my own( I have personally attempted many challenges and legacies, but have always felt too shy to post them). My SP is constantly pairing and unpairing sims around Moonlight Falls, so when two sims named Betty and Veronica paired up, I took it as my lack of familiarity with the premades and just passed it off like Bella and Mortimer getting together, figuring the pairing was already started in some way(maybe best friends or something because they are very *wink* *wink* about shipping games with LGBT sims). It wasn't until about 20 minutes ago that I realized that not only are they still going strong despite most of the other couples in town breaking up and re-pairing, but after looking into it, they are not anywhere in the town when it loads fresh. Meaning my SP not only spat out two sims that happened to be Betty and Veronica, but it paired them in one of the strongest NPC relationship in my game. :jawdrop: I had to put it down for posterity. I have no feelings hide or hare towards the comics, but this was too uncanny to ignore!!!!

Edit:

I have to admit that when I got the SP notice that Betty and Veronica broke up, my heart cried a little. Proof of both their existence and breakup below
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I just installed Sims 3 on my new laptop all the way up to Into the Future. I just got my first plant baby too. I have no idea how they work in Sims 3 or if they go straight from baby to adult like in Sims 2. Also had my fairy go to the future quite often and to see the descendants of Michael, her baby boy. He's a fairy but it looks like it didn't pass on to his descendants which made me kinda sad. I'd love to see a fairy in the future world of Oasis Landing. Even on an 8.1 Windows laptop with 8 gigs DDR3 L, an Intel HD graphics card, Intel Quad core processor, and a 1 terabyte drive, it still lags and hangs which makes me mad. I thought the upgraded technology in it was supposed to ELIMINATE the lag and hang...
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

I'm mainly playing my selfsim and her extended family since 2010. I'm still a young adult, but I have great grandsims. :tongue: I'm a slow player, so it feels like a big emotional thing when my sims enter a new life stage. At the moment I'm playing my grandsim Josefin's family. :)

Here's sim-me with her husband Spencer and our doggie Rex:

Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Aw, cute! :) I just randomly decided to boot up TS3 for the first time in a while, and have had a good time having my sims learning martial arts and boating around in... the default island map that I forget the name of. ^^; I'm such a bad sims player...
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Well, it's Friday on Beat Stone's rotation, and I'm already afraid he's going to have to move. I have placed objects down, switched to live mode and watched them go "POOF!" FOUR separate times now. Well, the first one, I didn't get to actually see it.

Still, what's up with that?

Well, if I have to move, I have to move. But I just got that circus-tent of a house built, and I'd hate to have to do it again. So I'll probably live with the glitches, and just avoid placing anything in that particular spot of ground. It does seem to be located around a particular area, for some reason.

Beat and his wife took a vacation to the mountains, and I stayed in the fancy hotel there for the second time EVER. Yeah, merchants make good money, so why not spend it? Well, now I remember why I didn't bother with that fancy hotel. The only dining options are room service and... uhhhhh, drinking from the faucet. Yeah, I prefer a hotel with either a restaurant or a snack booth, but preferably both. Even a grill, so they can cook their own would be good.

However, I do enjoy sending them on vacations, even if I'm not happy with that particular Maxis-built hotel. Maybe someday I'll build my own snazzy resort.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Have you tried using the stuck object remover on that tile, Michelle? There might be something invisible there eating your objects and potentially causing problems later down the road. I don't know though, I'm not a great debugger.

Also... we should probably consider moving this discussion over to the TS2 What's Going On In Your Game thread. ;)
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

Playing a sim through college. She joined the Secret Society. Along with the nice blazer, Honey received a gold gardening badge. She has never even picked up a trowel. Glitch, I assume. Harmless glitch, I hope.
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

I've had World Adventures since it came out, but this is the first time I have sims exploring in another country. My grandsim Josefin and her husband Wilhelm went on an adventure to China. I enjoyed it, and so did they. :)
Spoiler:
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

I'm playing my selfsim atm. Went to Froggie's Workout Center to sweat and make green clouds. ^^
Spoiler:
Then my grandsim Josefin came, and we played some basket ball. :)
Spoiler:
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Sim-me went to Penguin's Comedy Club to have a drink and listen to the show, but it turned out that the stand-up comedian was just a critter that used the microphone.
Spoiler:
Then I sang karaoke. ^^
Spoiler:
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Lol! That's cute, Cororon! :lol:
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Rflong7 wrote:Lol! That's cute, Cororon! :lol:
Thanks! :) The critter is Tox, a mutated jumping spider who thinks he's a celebrity. :mrgreen:
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

I stopped playing just before I planned to make the last birthday party of my founder. She and her husband drank 3-4 coffees to be able to manage to paint a portrait of her (I wanted her to be young when it's painted, so I did it the last minute), to do their jobs, and the most exhausting thing - to take care of their toddler's needs and to teach her skills. Then they went to bed and I woke them up to throw a party.
PrinceSarah

Post by PrinceSarah »

I was playing around with Into The Future- I haven't had a chance to yet!
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

I got Sugar Valley after a whole day of trying to figure out why it wasn't working. And I am playing some of the families that live in the neighborhood.
Avery

Post by Avery »

I just started playing TS3 again because I really missed the expansion that added fame, but I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing. The game always slows down so much after several sim days. :(
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by KatLovesPotatoes »

*looks for the cards I made for my legacy’s second gen heir choices, because there’s six kids and I can’t remember which kid was painting*
Um... Elsa is currently painting a picture in my game. She’s probably going to be painting the portraits for this gen. Or, I should get a greeting card picture before the kids move out. That’ll work too.

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”