Build a City Challenge Chat

FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by FunkyFresh »

I made a little calculation for the new couples in my BACC to determine whether they should stay together or not. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Hopefully this makes playing a little more interesting.

I'm also working on a list of things I have to make my Sim do, that they usually don't. Like going on vacation, adopting a kid, remodel the house... When I finished the list, I'll let every household have a random number to decide what they should be doing to spice things up.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

FunkyFresh wrote:I made a little calculation for the new couples in my BACC to determine whether they should stay together or not. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Hopefully this makes playing a little more interesting.

I'm also working on a list of things I have to make my Sim do, that they usually don't. Like going on vacation, adopting a kid, remodel the house... When I finished the list, I'll let every household have a random number to decide what they should be doing to spice things up.
What's your calculation for the couples?
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

Seera wrote:
FunkyFresh wrote:I made a little calculation for the new couples in my BACC to determine whether they should stay together or not. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Hopefully this makes playing a little more interesting.

I'll try to explain it in English, I hope it's clear :)
I gave each aspiration a percentage of the likeliness to stay with his/her partner. For example, I used 98% for Family Sims and 30% for Romance Sims. I have thee percentages for every Sim: twice for the primary aspiration, once for the secundary aspiration. I add those numbers together for the two partners, and divide by 6 (so I take the average). I use ACR with ideal family size, and for every child over 1 that they're apart, I subtract another 10%. I end up with a percentage of the likeliness that my Sims will stay together, and I use a random number generator between 1 and 100 to roll. If I roll under the number I calculated, they stay together, if I roll above it, they will eventually seperate (I decide when is the best time for that).

Giving an example, of a male Family/Pleasure Sim with an IDF of 4 and a female Popularity/Romance Sim with an IDF of 1:

((98 + 98 + 90) + (85 + 85 + 30)) : 6 = 81

The difference in their ideal family size is 3, so I subtract 20 of that 81. The likeliness they are going to stay together is 61%. I use a random number generator, I rolled 89, so they will divorce sooner or later (anywhere through adulthood).

I hope it's clear, it's very hard to explain this in English for me!
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

Serious question for you all:

You know when the weather machine fails and it starts a firestorm? Would you count the ensuing fire as one of the fires toward law enforcement? Because it wasn't technically started by lightning and was started by a sim :shifty:
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Rex wrote:Serious question for you all:

You know when the weather machine fails and it starts a firestorm? Would you count the ensuing fire as one of the fires toward law enforcement? Because it wasn't technically started by lightning and was started by a sim :shifty:
I would say that if you did it in order to start a fire (ie BBQ'ing inside), no. Per the original rules BBQ fires only count when you do it outside since BBQ'ing inside leads to a fire 100% of the time.

But if you did it and they happened to fall under the required aspiration level before it triggered and you got a meteor shower, then I would say yes.

IE: it's all in the intent of the usage.
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

Seera wrote:
Rex wrote:Serious question for you all:

I would say that if you did it in order to start a fire (ie BBQ'ing inside), no. Per the original rules BBQ fires only count when you do it outside since BBQ'ing inside leads to a fire 100% of the time.

But if you did it and they happened to fall under the required aspiration level before it triggered and you got a meteor shower, then I would say yes.

IE: it's all in the intent of the usage.
Well thank goodness I just intended to switch the seasons on a new household to be in line with the rest of the neighbourhood :lol:
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

FunkyFresh wrote:
Seera wrote:

I gave each aspiration a percentage of the likeliness to stay with his/her partner. For example, I used 98% for Family Sims and 30% for Romance Sims. I have thee percentages for every Sim: twice for the primary aspiration, once for the secundary aspiration. I add those numbers together for the two partners, and divide by 6 (so I take the average). I use ACR with ideal family size, and for every child over 1 that they're apart, I subtract another 10%. I end up with a percentage of the likeliness that my Sims will stay together, and I use a random number generator between 1 and 100 to roll. If I roll under the number I calculated, they stay together, if I roll above it, they will eventually seperate (I decide when is the best time for that).

Giving an example, of a male Family/Pleasure Sim with an IDF of 4 and a female Popularity/Romance Sim with an IDF of 1:

The difference in their ideal family size is 3, so I subtract 20 of that 81. The likeliness they are going to stay together is 61%. I use a random number generator, I rolled 89, so they will divorce sooner or later (anywhere through adulthood).

It's clear!

Have you decided how you'll decide when they divorce? And is this only for couples who marry? What about 2 Romance Sims who just stay as lovers? How would you determine if they broke up or is it the same for that?
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

I'm not really sure about that yet, I just started playtesting with my calculations :) I feel like if the reason for my couples divorcing/splitting up (I use the same calculation, whether they're married or not) is the difference in ideal family size, they will split up in the first half of their adult life stage. So they can still have children with another Sim.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

FunkyFresh wrote:
Seera wrote:

That's an awesome idea. What percentages did you pick for each aspiration?
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

I didn't want half of my Sims to break up, so my percentages are quite high:

Family 98%
Knowledge 92%
Grilled cheese 90%
Pleasure 90% (might lower that one, though)
Fortune 85%
Popularity 85%
Romance 30%
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

FunkyFresh wrote:I didn't want half of my Sims to break up, so my percentages are quite high:

Family 98%
Knowledge 92%
Grilled cheese 90%
Pleasure 90% (might lower that one, though)
Fortune 85%
Popularity 85%
Romance 30%
Sweet! I might start implementing it into my gameplay just to make things potentially more interesting.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

That's really cool, FunkyFresh! You might have started a new BaCC trend :D
Image Image
ISTJ
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

Lorinsv wrote:That's really cool, FunkyFresh! You might have started a new BaCC trend :D
I'm quite surprised people actually like my idea, lol.
I just got my first couple in my BACC to separate because of this calculation and to be honest, I liked it. Their ideal family size was far apart (0 and 5), and though they were really cute together and really liked each other, I think it was good for them to split up. It will also help to get the population up, as they will probably remarry.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

FunkyFresh, it's definitely a cool idea! As I said, it's hard for me to make my simmies feel bad, but I'm definitely keeping this in the back of my mind in case I feel like things need spicing up. And it's always fun to read about rules, randomization systems and such that others use. :)
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

If it isn't one computer problem, it's another. I had to delete the file for my neighbourhood's university and install a new one to get it to load and now, after playing a round in one of my households, the game crashed before I could save. I just got my first business tycoon, too. Boo this!
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Rex wrote:If it isn't one computer problem, it's another. I had to delete the file for my neighbourhood's university and install a new one to get it to load and now, after playing a round in one of my households, the game crashed before I could save. I just got my first business tycoon, too. Boo this!
Oh no. Hopefully you can figure it out so you can keep playing!!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Rex that is so annoying when you play something it crashes. For some reason my computer will terminate my game after playing a few goes. I always save everyday now cos I never now when it will crash. (windows 10) Don't know if anybody other computer on windows 10 does this?
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

simsterlyrock wrote:
Rex wrote:If it isn't one computer problem, it's another. I had to delete the file for my neighbourhood's university and install a new one to get it to load and now, after playing a round in one of my households, the game crashed before I could save. I just got my first business tycoon, too. Boo this!
Oh no. Hopefully you can figure it out so you can keep playing!!
peachy123uk wrote:Rex that is so annoying when you play something it crashes. For some reason my computer will terminate my game after playing a few goes. I always save everyday now cos I never now when it will crash. (windows 10) Don't know if anybody other computer on windows 10 does this?
Yeah, it's Windows 10. You get what you get when playing a game that last updated almost 12 years ago. Luckily I am getting into the habit of saving after every day/every accomplishment.

In recent update news, I have my business tycoon back, but on another lot one of my sims started a fire at the end of her round then started giving birth. It was the same lot I had the firestorm in last round :pan:

I think that lot might be cursed.
tegami

Post by tegami »

I save almost always when the saving pops up to my head because i'm paranoid it'll crash immediately if i don't save xD

I have pink flashing problem too. My sims can't go on vacation because the place will instantly flash pink which makes me so sad because i'd like to utilize the Bon Voyage EP more ;_;
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

tegami wrote:I save almost always when the saving pops up to my head because i'm paranoid it'll crash immediately if i don't save xD

I have pink flashing problem too. My sims can't go on vacation because the place will instantly flash pink which makes me so sad because i'd like to utilize the Bon Voyage EP more ;_;
The Graphics Rules something-or-other (can't remember the exact name now!) might help with that. I use it to make sure that shadows show up properly and the graphics are smoother than they otherwise would be

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”