Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by peachy123uk »

:awesome: That's good news shame about sims 4 maybe try again another time. Origin shouldn't conflict at all with sims 2. I have Origin on my pc and my sims 2 and Demo 4 and all work fine.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

tegami

Post by tegami »

About the little older chat, i have two BACCs right now (one more active and one inactive) and the amount of sims in the Huntsville one is 173 which is crazy to me, but i love them all (i even extracted them all just so i could reuse them whenever i want, along with their traits;;). In the Kasvimaa BACC i only have 12 sims still (i really need to continue it since i post the updates here too...but i'm way too addicted to the Huntsville BACC lol)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Twilightoutside and I have come up with a BaCC variation, primarily revamping the scoring. It's posted in the Sims 2 Challenges section.

I'm seriously considering migrating my own BaCC Mesa Vista over to playtest it, because I am majorly bogged down with the original version (I started it at the end of 2011) and don't really have the will or fortitude to finish it, and there is no way I'm going to start one of these over again from scratch. :sigh: :guilty:

If anyone is interested, here is our proposed Build a Burg Challenge:
viewtopic.php?f=218&p=164832#p164832
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Lorinsv wrote: I'm seriously considering migrating my own BaCC Mesa Vista over to playtest it, because I am majorly bogged down with the original version (I started it at the end of 2011) and don't really have the will or fortitude to finish it, and there is no way I'm going to start one of these over again from scratch. :sigh: :guilty:
That sounds like a good idea to me. If you're bogged down with a challenge, one good way to get it moving again is to change the rules more to your liking. ^^ Lots of people have changed challenge rules midway through playing it, nothing wrong with that. :) Whichever way you decide, good luck!

I'll make a confession: this BaCC talk and the new ruleset make me miss my BaCC. The pandemic thing has gotten in the way of simming, I'm usually not in an energetic enough mood for playing, or especially writing. :ouch Well, I hope the restless mood will pass soon so I could get back into simming.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I said go for it Lorinsv. I think If I did these new rules with with mine I would have finished by now. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I'll have to go into MV and see how many of the goals I've already met... I'm sure it's a good chunk!
Image Image
ISTJ
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Definitely a rule set that gives different ideas that I personally never thought of and might add to my new bacc. It definitely gives an easier story about a rural area becoming a suburb (something I have watched myself).

Along with a the new ideas for what to add to a town.

I've always enjoyed your bacc Lorinsv! Seeing how it gets done would be interesting.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I've decided that I'm not going to blog per household anymore. The challenge is about the neighborhood, not the individual families or Sims.

So I'll divide the neighborhood into fourths each rotation and post about interesting happenings during that rotation during those houses.

Will also make it possible to not blog about specific houses if nothing of interest happens during the rotation without making it seem like I've accidentally forgotten a house.

Starting mid-rotation because I can.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I played the Jill Fleig/Ramin Johnston household and Jill became a Business Tycoon, raising my SM to 66. Ramin moved out with his love Toby Bruenig and into Toby's deceased aunt's Heirloom Cottage, where they will loosely follow RealPollyMog's Heirloom Challenge.

After they moved out, Jill asked Sandy Fairchild to move in, thinking an International Corporate Lawyer was in the Business career, but turns out it's Law. In turn, Sandy asked Christy Inada, a Senior Manager in the Business career, to move in as well.

Sandy, who is Romance, had the urge to WooHoo, so she met up with a guy she had a mutual crush on and accidentally got pregnant in the hot tub at Zach's Hoops. Oops. So, she moved out and is currently hunting for a house of her own in the Lot bin.

And I thought this wouldn't be that interesting of a rotation... :awesome:

Current population sits at 7194.
Image Image
ISTJ
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I don't know what it is about the Colours brothers in Silver Bend, but everyone wants in their pants. I had someone invite Odin Colours to a dorm, and three of the girls rolled flirt wants with him.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I played through the 2nd week of the Planter household, which is following the Harvest Moon challenge. I found a beautiful house on MTS ( https://modthesims.info/d/350146/nabe-p ... house.html ) to use as my goal for "succeeding" at the challenge, but I'm building it in bits and pieces as I play and they can afford it. A lot of the walls are greenhouse walls which look really cool, but they are super expensive at §300 each. I was a little too ambitious the first week when I began construction; they were super broke all this week, so I had to resort to money trees and playing the piano for tips to keep the repo man away and plant the new crop. Plus, I have two plantsims (my first) who had to make do with no sunlamp until the very end when they could finally afford one.

It was fun adapting to a different life state's needs: Plantsims are amazing farmers, they can garden indefinitely. The Planters should have quite a bit of money in their 3rd week once they harvest over 50 garden plots of thriving plants.

No increase to the population, and I will be posting a brief update with pics soon.
Image Image
ISTJ
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

My bacc is still at the start, I'm playing the BaGC version and it's fun so far! Issa town of werewolves so that's pretty cool. My founder has completed her ltw, got married , and had a baby so that's working in my favor.
Her best friend moved into her own home and is engaged to another sim my founder changed to a werewolf. Life is going great. I need 4 families though so I can get the first community lot and really take off. That's the slow moving part but I'm hoping next round with the founders the husband has his plant babies and they grow up to boost households and numbers. [emoji3448]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi Hollywood3015! What is a BaGC?

I played my Homeless Challenge household. It was another winter exposed to the elements - sooo much snow and skilling, but it was a productive week for Homelesses, and for the first time, I'm pretty confident I can win the challenge.

The goal of Callista's Homeless Challenge is to get a child into University, but only with 10 scholarships. So far the kid has earned five skill-related scholarships and an A+ at school. He's halfway to completing the last 2 skills, and his parents are dancing up a storm with him for Footwork scholarship. Then it's either Billiards or Alien Abduction to reach the tenth scholarship. (Not aiming for the Undead or Orphan scholarships, and the Young Entrepreneur isn't possible in this challenge.)

Carl is at Level 8 in the grueling custom Homeless career, and ready to be promoted to Level 9. His wife Gretchen (Chin) just got promoted to Level 9, which finally has some scheduled days off. For several levels, there were no days off, but they had vacation days they could use until the end, and then it was a matter of taking turns staying home with their son Will, who graduated from toddler to child on Tuesday and is now two days away from becoming a teen and not needing a babysitter.

No increase in population this time either, but the family is doing awesome and I'm enjoying the scholarship goal.
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Wow, the Homelesses really seem to be doing well! ^^

I've booted up my BaCC a couple times before Christmas. It had been way too long! I didn't get very far, but it was fun to play again. The Davidsons started off week 5, and life is pretty much the usual over there. Ajay is closing in on his elder birthday, and the family is making visits to his Face the Music business to hopefully gain enough money to expand on the house. The most urgent needs are for a second bathroom and a rewards room, so we don't have to stuff the huge guitars and whatnot in the living room.
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

Katrisims, it's so nice to play again after a break. Have fun!

I was wondering how you handle the household names. For example, my old Crimson household (or Crimson I) doesn't exist anymore. Do you change the name of Crimson II to Crimson I, Crimson III to Crimson II and so on, or do you keep the household names and just don't bother the missing numbers?
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Funky Fresh, it is! ^^ Thanks!

Hmm, that's a good question. :hmm: I haven't actually gotten far enough in my BaCC that I'd face that problem, but it'll come along sooner or later. I'd say I'd probably keep the numbers as they are, even if some numbers go missing in between. That way, the existing families get to keep their "names", so if someone wants to check out updates by a certain family, they'll know it'll always have the same number.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

katrisims wrote:Funky Fresh, it is! ^^ Thanks!

Hmm, that's a good question. :hmm: I haven't actually gotten far enough in my BaCC that I'd face that problem, but it'll come along sooner or later. I'd say I'd probably keep the numbers as they are, even if some numbers go missing in between. That way, the existing families get to keep their "names", so if someone wants to check out updates by a certain family, they'll know it'll always have the same number.
I haven't either, though mine would come from me removing a family from play, no house gets away without having an heir to take the name.

I would also keep the numbers as they are for the same reason. Not to mention for your own sanity as well as you're probably used to Crimson II being Crimson II and not Crimson I.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I had to buy a new laptop, and it's taking some time to get my BaCC back to normal, but installing the game and tweaking the graphics went better than expected. I'm also trying to cut back on the CC from my old laptop, so hunting down the stuff I really want and use is taking some time. I just discovered I'm missing some old Store hairs and clothing, but I might skip the clothing because I hate the goofy Store outerwear the game always seems to choose by default.

I just finished playing the Messlot household, the third in a row resulting in no increase in population. Still, Tracy made great progress fixing up her house. It's a fun change furnishing and decorating with the more expensive objects, but it sure slows things down.
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Lorinsv wrote:I had to buy a new laptop, and it's taking some time to get my BaCC back to normal, but installing the game and tweaking the graphics went better than expected. I'm also trying to cut back on the CC from my old laptop, so hunting down the stuff I really want and use is taking some time. I just discovered I'm missing some old Store hairs and clothing, but I might skip the clothing because I hate the goofy Store outerwear the game always seems to choose by default.

I just finished playing the Messlot household, the third in a row resulting in no increase in population. Still, Tracy made great progress fixing up her house. It's a fun change furnishing and decorating with the more expensive objects, but it sure slows things down.
Computer issues are no fun at all. But great that you are getting there with the setup! Also hooray for progress! ^^ Not all households make as much progress for the BaCC, but it's great to be making progress on the individual household's goals, too.

The pandemic has me hooked on smaller games (Don't Starve and Hearthstone at the moment) most of the time, simming does take some energy that I don't always have. Anyway, I've been trying to type up what I've played in Lakewood. A couple of pictures at a time, it's moving forward. The Davidsons are still a few days from a full week currently. At a snail's pace, but we'll get there. :snail:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yeah, playing Sims challenges is engrossing as well as investment in time, and sometimes we just need something less demanding. It still holds the biggest space in my gaming heart by far :heart: :plumbob2:
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”