Culpepper Pals (Winter 4 Part 7! Updated 20th March '24)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 3 Part 4! 4th March '22)

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
Okay, 2 words.... LOVE IT!! Good thing I happened to have just made a coffee before reading ;) Seriously, your updates just keep getting better and better. I really enjoyed reading about the drama of a break-up and the discovery of a new relationship that later developed into something more serious. I think Thorne and Tori definitely have much more chemistry than Tori and Vanessa so great move there! Also really enjoyed the girls' night out and their conversation - reminded me of quite a few conversations I had with my own friends! I think following whims makes for really interesting turns in the story sometimes.... Really great update! Looking forward to more! Thank you for writing!
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by SirianaSims »

I just spent the last few days reading the entire thing, and I love it! :heart:
I'm definitely going to try a rotational play, maybe when I'm done with my legacy, maybe sooner...
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

sueplayssims:
Spoiler:
They work well together, don't they? I'm really enjoying paying attention to whims more actually, it leads you places you never expected to end up!
I love getting groups together :heart: and the girls are probably the closest friendship group in the save so far! It was a lot of fun getting them together and coming up with dialogue :D I will never learn my lesson with adopted children will I? :lol: the population is huge! I am looking forward to getting to know Orange, though!
maryselorraine:
Spoiler:
Yay :heart: Excellent timing with the coffee! I really enjoyed writing this one, so it's great hearing that you enjoyed reading it! Tori & Thorne really took me by surprise but really grew on me, and I'm glad that came across from the update. I wasn't really feeling Tori & Venessa, so in a way I'm glad it turned out like this :lol: I loved getting the girls together! I'm going to have to make sure I do it more often, I think! I've been paying more attention to whims in general lately, it can really steer your gameplay in ways you didn't expect!
SirianaSims:
Thank you! That's quite a lot of content to get through in a few days :lol: :heart:
It's so much fun and I highly recommend it, it's definitely my favourite way to play now!

---

Thanks guys :hugs:
Your comments are all so nice, I really appreciate them!

No new update from the main save at the moment, but I've been playing the "Culpepper Remix" save, where I've popped YA versions of Jo, Norah, Dusty, Adora, Kirby & Elsie and started over - out of curiosity more than anything else! What will be different, what will stay the same? :lol:

If you're interested, I've been posting it as picspam over at tumblr - you can read from the beginning here, or the spring 1 summary is here and posts about summer 1 are here! I'll have a summary up for summer 1 when the season ends :)

:heart:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 3 Part 5! 23rd March '22)

Post by Sam »

U P D A T E :party:
We're visiting the Bell family in Oasis Springs!

And in between the last update and this one, Culpepper Pals turned THREE, can you believe that?! Where has the time gone :cryingeyes: :party:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 3 Part 6! 3rd April '22)

Post by Sam »

U P D A T E :wizard:
And we're visiting Tania Scott and Johnny Zest in Oasis Springs!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I have had your blog on my list for a while, and am finally getting to reading a bit of it! Looking forward to see what you do with a rotation hood. :)
Spoiler:
Intro: Love all the sims, you have a good variety and it's a lot of fun.

Spring 1 - McMullen: I've never played with the apartments yet, so I'm looking forward to watching it's ok. I have had quite a few sims like fruit cake over my years of playing, but it's pretty rare. That townie's outfit was....wow. Yeah, quite interesting. It always makes me sad when a sim doesn't like their flower.
Don't have a lot of time today, but it's a fun start. I look forward to catching up. :)

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

OK, back for a couple more (at least I hope so)
Spoiler:
Spring 1 - Brows: Poor Dusty being the first to get bit by a vampire. I like Kirby already though. I haven't played much with vampires myself, so I am looking forward to seeing how it goes for you. I like Candy, and the new look you gave her is really cute!

Spring 1 - Bell: Adora is so pretty and I love that you have so many plants in her apartment! I like Akira with Adora. Very cute. I have never played with apartments yet, so it's fun to see how you handle it so far. I like the ghosts, but do wish they didn't always break all the plumbing. Adora has had a very busy spring. Also, OMG, that outfit for Vlad was too much! lol

Spring 1: - Dee: All right, I will be through Spring at least. :) Awww, Kirby and Caleb are cute together. It's fun when they build up relationships super quickly. Awww, too bad about the date, but looks like a good recovery. I like Caleb's new look, very nice! YAY a proposal!!! Who cares that it's been 5 days, sims move fast they only get...what 70 days, maybe 80 if they are lucky? (Obviously, not vampires, but still) 5 days is basically 5 years. :D
Hope you don't mind comments on such old posts. I just love binging on stories that are fun. :)

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
Oooh I loved the new update! Tania's thirst for adventure is just never-ending :D Johnny has a lot to keep up with! I think they make sweet couple :)

ImageImage
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 3 Part 7! 31st May '22)

Post by Sam »

ciyrose:
Spoiler:
They're a great bunch to play!
Love playing apartments, even if it's just for a small part of a sim's life! The townies in this game are always dressed to impress :lol: I wonder how it's determined if a sim will like their love day flower??
Spoiler:
Brows: It always seems to be Dusty who becomes a vampire snack! It's happened in multiple saves now :lol: I enjoy playing vampires, mine are exceptionally goofy though :lol: Love Candy Behr!

Bell: Loved cramming all the plants in there :lol: I feel like I could decorate it better now! Adora and Akira were always a really interesting couple :hmm: Gosh ghosts are the worst for that! Yet for some reason I want to play with them more? :lol: Vlad is so great :lol:

Dee: Kirby and Caleb are genuinely one of my all time favourite couples :lol: They romanced and married quickly, but I feel like it worked out pretty well for them!!
maryselorraine:
Spoiler:
I love Tania, and her adventures! A lot of fun to play :) Johnny definitely feels differently, bless him :lol: they're a really interesting couple, I can't wait to visit them next season!
---

Thanks for the comments guys :heart: :hug:
Time for an update, and a visit to the Vatores and their cottage in Henford-on-Bagley!
SofieSims

Post by SofieSims »

I’m only on Year 1 but I am absolutely loving this so far! Love all the girls and their different personalities, and of course your gameplay style. You’re making me want to try out a rotational now, you make it look so fun! Can’t wait to read more XD.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

YAY, I'm back for more! Woohoo, really have enjoyed the first season!
Spoiler:
Summer:
McMullen: Bummer to hear about the crash. Been there though! Too bad about the party! Stinks that you had a better one the first time around, but I'm sure things will get better. I love the girls in their outfits for the dance party. So cute! I don't know that I have ever tried out group dancing! That looks like fun! Something else I have never done, had an adult have the inflatable pool. That is so very realistic! OMG, I didn't notice the gloves on Caleb at first, in the towel....OMG. I'm dying! LOL I'm loving all the Father Winter pics too, how fun! It's fun for me to see how apartments work, funny about the handyman staying to watch TV. Miko is just so pretty! A bit sad for Jo they are moving out, but fun for them! What a fun update!

Brows: LOL.....I can't say I've ever been sitting at a table when the flea market started, but funny that that is what happens! Oh the food truck is cool! I bet someone could make something fun with the new "wall" stores from my wedding stories. I'll have to go looking. :) Awww, poor Dusty. I've had proposal rejections, but not usually after as much time they have had! Wow, that is quite strange weather! Is Candy magic and controls the weather? Oh man, poor Dusty. First the fight with Candy, and now Vlad! I've never really had anyone break up either, so that was a bittersweet moment for sure.

Bell: Oh yay, camping! What fun! I love that you just take pictures of the scenery. The worlds really are pretty and I was just commenting I don't feel like I spend enough time just noticing HOW pretty they really are. Funny that she lost to no one and got embarrassed. Although I suppose if I lost to the air I might be too. I have never paid that close attention to the animals like this, I love the low poly animals! YAY for Akira moving in!

Dee: Hehe, I've never noticed the little turtle on the tablet. So cute! Poor Dusty, she must be one of the tasty ones for the vampires. These two have it a bit rough with money. I'm sure they'll make it back up though. Awww, what a pretty wedding they had. They are adorable together. Bummer about the glitches for Caleb's job, but hopefully it got fixed. Oh man aliens! Aww, but no baby? Maybe just as well with these two. WOW, they really picked up that money! Good for them!
What a fun season that was! I look forward to checking out the next season soon!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 3 Part 8! 15th June '22)

Post by Sam »

SofieSims:
Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the updates :heart: I absolutely love rotational gameplay now, it's my favourite way to play :lol: I highly recommend it!

ciyrose:
Spoiler:
McMullen: I always say I'll learn my lesson & save more often but I never do :lol: Group dancing is so much fun, I always take too many pictures of it!! I love that adults can lounge in the kiddie pool! I'd forgotten about Caleb's gloves and towel!! It definitely cracked me up at the time! Apartments are a lot of fun to play! Father Winter is still hanging around in the background even now, some things never change! It was sad to split Norah and Jo up, but their lives went in such different directions!

Brows: :lol: That's true about the new walls, I should look into that! I was so surprised by the rejected proposal, it took me a while to decide what to do about it - that's why Dusty & Candy had time apart, really! I think it worked out for the best overall, but it certainly was an interesting one to play through!

Bell: Gosh it's been a while since I sent anyone there, this should be my wake up call to do that! The game is so so pretty, I feel like I used to take more scenery shots than I do now? I take so many screenshots though. I genuinely adore the low poly animals! It felt like such a milestone getting Akira moved in back in the day!

Dee: it's the little things, isn't it? Dusty is a vampire snack in every save I play her in, there must just be something about her :lol: They had a very productive season moneywise, I think being vampires is a huge benefit when freelancing - they can just work and work and work! They're one of the richer families in the save nowadays :lol:
Thanks guys! :hug:

It's update time - let's visit Dolly Vatore & Diego Lobo!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 3 Part 9! 18th June '22)

Post by Sam »

U P D A T E :hellokitty:
One last autumn update - I can't believe we've finally made it to the end of the season! Let's visit the Embers!
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 3 Part 9! 18th June '22)

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
Love the new update! That's a wrap for Autumn and as usual I enjoyed every update that you posted! Looking forward to some Winter fun! Totally get what you mean regarding population control, I always end up having way too many kids and end up with too many households to play through. Also, having a manageable number of kids means that you get to explore their character a bit more. Love all the Ember kids, especially little Alice ^^

ImageImage
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 3 Part 1! 15th July '22)

Post by Sam »

maryselorraine:
Spoiler:
I'm so glad autumn is done with :lol: I enjoy the season when I first start at the beginning of the rotation but I'm definitely ready for a change by the end! I'm really excited to see what winter has in store!
I am so bad at population control :lol: I'm always telling myself I should limit the number of kids sims have but it's too tempting to add more! Definitely true about smaller families & character development though! I really love playing the Embers, they're such a sweet family :heart: definitely one of my favourites!
----
Time for an update and it's a new family !
Welcome to Culpepper Pals Jared Q!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 3 Part 2! 20th July '22)

Post by Sam »

U P D A T E :spin:
We're checking in with the Villareal family!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 3 Part 2! 20th July '22)

Post by Heather »

I am shamefully behind on this, so it's time to start catching up! Picking up at Spring 3 because I thiiiink I left off about there. :lol: Apologies in advance for the length of this comment, did not realize how long it was gonna get until I was halfway through the rotation...
Spoiler:
McMullen:
The shot of the kitties on the deck with Mackenzie is so peaceful! And so was their cute, private little beach wedding! Love that they went barefoot for it. :) Jo passing away though!! D: Poor Mackenzie! At least she has the cats for company?

Titan:
Norah and Miko make very cute old ladies! But lol at Norah sitting on the couch with Marnie and Kaori like "is that romance I smell in the air?" I get the same way with taking pictures when I'm focused on getting things done in my saves, so I'm glad I'm not the only one! Boy, a negative sentiment from a thoughtful rose?? Boo Kaori! Definitely better off as friends!

Titan Ojo:
Love David's (almost) all black beachwear. Can only assume it is normal in alien (or maybe just sim?) culture to just eat a whole coconut like it's an apple. Kava party seems very fitting for a sim like David! The family picture is sweet, as are all your family portraits, even if this one feels a little too... current, haha. I like that his swimwear matches Casey's, too! Was absolutely unprepared to see poor Frankie go, your Culpeppers are sure keeping Grim busy this rotation!

Also you're totally right about posing in 4 vs 2! The only thing I really miss about 2 nowadays, to be honest.

Goth:
That blue kitchen!!! Of course everyone watched through the window, haha. Loving all the blue in their new house again. It's a shame about the rest of the pictures being lost!

Brows:
Aww, Bruno! As sad as the deaths are, I have to say it's nice to see them actually mourning the loss of a friend, and not immediately forgetting about Jo and moving on. The crowd of sims watching Dusty on her date with Summer gave me a little giggle. I know this was pre-Encanto, but the cat almost immediately running away and also being named Bruno gave me a good chuckle, too. :lol: And I love seeing all the teens this generation hang out! Oh my god I got to the picture of Summer lying on the beach towel and thought she had also died for a second.

Bell:
Poor Tania, having both friends disappear as she as she tries to have an outing! The sleepy wal paired with her just coming from the bar kinda makes it look like she's a little tipsy coming home, haha. Oh damn!! What a plot twist with the surprise Travis baby!! Adora is a very supportive partner letting Brianna move in. <3 I think adding her to the family definitely makes for some interesting gameplay, glad that was the route you went. :)

"What's worse is, Grim wouldn't come for her. She just laid on the floor for several hours." Sam this is simply too much after losing Jo and Frankie in one sitting. Also, I would have absolutely sobbed if I had witnessed that in my own game.

Vatore:
Caleb staying up all night to make cookies just sounds right for him. <3 The paper bag kiss, haha. Absolutely nothing Caleb does in your game surprises me, from chilly night dips to walking the dog in his swim trunks! Looking forward to seeing what you do with all the kids this generation, but looking forward to Dolly in particular! I think she's my fave of this generation so far. :)

Ember:
Caroline kinda looks like she could be a children's tv or book character in that first shot of her with Geppetto. Imagine being a former all-powerful sage and getting crushed by a vending machine? Good to see Morgyn did not add to the death toll this rotation. Seeing all they did for werewold toddlers makes me hope they'll go back and add a lil something for spellcaster kids/tots one day! Geppetto is very handsome in his lil sweater. <3 Absolutely love the picture of Tarin on the slide, and his outfit! Again just something about it feels very children's book character to me. And his shy little wave!!!

University:
Uni is kinda a struggle in rotational gameplay, isn't it? I burnt myself out doing it in my first iteration, and this third time round I'm taking it real slow with 2 credits a term per sim, but I can see why you wouldn't want to draw it out that much here. Love their roommate calling them up at their wedding because he got locked out, lol. And holding it early for Adora, only for her to pay more attention to her painting!

Funny enough, term ending on a Monday is my favourite schedule for uni, I do it on purpose lol. Spend the week just doing homework, then weekend break for socializing and term projects!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 3 Part 3! 11th Aug '22)

Post by Sam »

Heather: It was really fun reliving spring 3 while reading through your comment ngl :lol:
Spoiler:
McMullen:
I really enjoyed playing through that vacation, it was so different to anything Jo had ever done in her life! The private wedding was definitely one of my favourite moments of the spring rotation. She was the first Culpepper to go, and honestly one of the hardest losses!

Titan:
Norah and Miko :heart: it's bittersweet when they become elders, but they were a very cute couple! The apartment was so small, there was definitely no way for Marnie and Kaori to escape Norah :lol: Glad it's not just me! I'd kinda forgotten Marnie was ever with Kaori, so this was a neat lil reminder!

Titan-Ojo:
It's just so David :lol: Honestly, the coconut thing cracks me up every single time I see it! I love taking the family photos and see how things change over time! I so wish posing with TS4 was more like how it was with TS2, it'd be so much easier :lol: The Culpepper save definitely keeps Grim in business, I have to say!

Goth:
I think I've leaned on that blue-and-black aesthetic more and more as time has gone on with the Goths :lol: but that kitchen was where it all began!

Brows:
It is interesting to see how a loss effects other households in the save! I think I noticed Jo missing from the parties more than any of the gang did though. I'd forgotten about that date completely :lol: Encanto came out afterwards, but it did make Bruno's name just that much more perfect! The girls were probably the closest set of teens I've ever had, I loved playing them together!

Bell:
I'd never realised that about the sleepy walk looking tipsy but you're absolutely right :lol: I did consider pretending I hadn't seen Brianna, but in the end, the more the merrier! I really enjoy playing through the curve balls the game throws you sometimes. Cookie's passing was awful, of all the glitches to have D: Absolutely devastating

Vatore:
I love him so much :lol: I don't think I've ever had much need for the paper bag hats, but Jeb Harris interacting with my sims never fails to crack me up. Caleb never fails to entertain me! Dolly is definitely one of my favourites from generation 2...not that I have favourites :shifty:

Ember:
I'd not noticed that before, you're right! Gosh could you imagine if the vending machine had won that argument :lol: all the magic in the world couldn't beat an ordinary vending machine :lol: I'm glad Morgyn survived. I haven't had any werewolf tots yet, but I really hope they do add things in for the other magical children. I love Geppetto! Tarin was the cutest lil toddler!

University:
I've still not worked out how I want to approach it, but I'd kind of like to send some of generation 3. I think I really am going to have to download a mod to shorten it, to make it work with the other families. The locked out roommate did crack me up, as did Adora not paying the blindest bit of notice to the wedding :lol: I think because I play rotations Sun-Sat, I kinda wanted uni to map onto my existing week. Term ending on a Monday didn't fit with my rotations, but you're right it works out for uni work!
Thanks for your comments, Heather! :heart:

---
Time for an update!
A little visit to the beach - let's spend winter with the Titan-Ojo family!
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 3 Part 3! 11th Aug '22)

Post by SirianaSims »

Spoiler:
The wedding was beautiful, and I cracked up at the glitched kiss.

I also kinda love that David wanted that one last flirt, just to make sure he made the right choice. I'm glad he got that out of his system without problems ❤️
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 3 Part 4! 4th Sept '22)

Post by Sam »

SirianaSims:
Spoiler:
Definitely one of my favourite weddings :heart: it's just not a wedding these days without some kind of glitch :lol:

It absolutely terrified me to play through, but I'm glad it worked out :lol: I could've ignored it, but I do like seeing what the game might throw at me!
Thanks for your comment! :hug:
I've almost finished playing the rotation in game, so it's about time I put out an update :lol:

Let's visit the Goths! :wizard:

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”