Culpepper Pals (Winter 4 Part 7! Updated 20th March '24)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 4! Updated 24th Nov '23)

Post by Sam »

Heather: :wave:
Spoiler:
Goth: She had a really rough start to the rotation! Ella sure did pick an interesting moment to do that :lol: Haley is a lot of fun to play. It sounds terrible, but I absolutely loved playing through Oli's midlife crisis, it was so much fun! I really had no idea what was going to pop up next! Cass turning him down for dumpster woohoo was definitely fair :lol: the crisises are so much fun to play, I swear. It's surprising it took this long for Bonfire Night to kill someone :lol: I'm really hoping I can get the well to work next season, but we'll see. It kinda looks like the Villareals will be throwing their life savings into it at this rate!

Ember-Goth: Ultimate party entertainment :lol: the career outfits are so random?? I'm so glad the Geek Con rocket can be used for that, otherwise it really was going to take a while. I'm loving that Tarin is a party animal, it really reminds me of Jo and makes me nostalgic for the early days of the save :heart:

Holiday: she can't go anywhere without a bunch of them turning up. I'm really limiting my celebrity sims going forward, because it gets old fast! Her impending crisis is going to be fun to explore next season, I think - what do you do when you've done it all?? I'm gutted Bruno is gone, but the reaper did crack me up. I think the suit was his work outfit, but I could be wrong. Or maybe he just dresses like that :lol: I'm glad you like his makeover, I definitely wanted to tone him down now he's a bit older (and hopefully wiser!) I love matching them for the accolades!
ciyrose: :wave:
Spoiler:
I'm not going to reply to absolutely everything (sorry) but I'm so glad you're still here, still working through the updates!! I love hearing your reactions as you go through the updates!
I was so confused why dreamwidth suddenly gave me the summary. Now it makes sense, you switched to Tumblr. This is going to take some getting used to, not easy to just read through anymore
I'm sorry :( It is the downside of using tumblr, though I have to admit it has allowed me to update more easily & frequently. Hopefully you can get used to the new format :heart: I only made the switch after dreamwidth totally ate an update :lol:
you may have discovered this or not, but it APPEARS if you make sure they have a locker they will more often attend
I'm going to have to try this & see if it makes a difference! Because hardly any of my teens go to school when they're not being played!!
----
:hug:
I've added a few updates to the main thread because I'd really fallen behind with updating the links. Life has been pretty crazy lately!
The latest completed update is the Zest household :)
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Sam wrote: November 24th, 2023, 9:28 am ciyrose: :wave:
Spoiler:
I'm not going to reply to absolutely everything (sorry) but I'm so glad you're still here, still working through the updates!! I love hearing your reactions as you go through the updates!
I was so confused why dreamwidth suddenly gave me the summary. Now it makes sense, you switched to Tumblr. This is going to take some getting used to, not easy to just read through anymore
I'm sorry :( It is the downside of using tumblr, though I have to admit it has allowed me to update more easily & frequently. Hopefully you can get used to the new format :heart: I only made the switch after dreamwidth totally ate an update :lol:
you may have discovered this or not, but it APPEARS if you make sure they have a locker they will more often attend
I'm going to have to try this & see if it makes a difference! Because hardly any of my teens go to school when they're not being played!!
Spoiler:
Oh geez, as I've said before, please never feel like you have to reply to everything. I know I can write a lot :shifty: I hope the locker thing helps because my hood's high school has at least 1/2 of the playable teens in school every time I visit. Now, MAYBE it has nothing to do with the lockers, but I have made sure they all claimed one on the first day and I follow them a couple of times every time I play the family (so at least once a week basically) so MAYBE it's following (but if you are noticing they aren't showing up I have to believe you are following them sometimes), so I hope it helps you!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I don't have a ton of time but wanted to get a couple of updates read (and yes I'm much better at navigating around.)
Spoiler:
Spring 4:
Goth: Awww, happy birthday Ana, she is lovely. It's fun to see how different these two teens are at school, Ella the very sociable, and Ana the Loner. Haley is such a cute little girl. I see a LOT of Cass in her. I love that kids can now learn to ride bikes, even if it does take FOREVER. Poor Oli is having a rough season. All of my kids seem to get a fear of the future once they attend career day. I really need to work towards having dates for prom for my kids. Oh yeah, it seems voting at all pretty much guarantees the win, unless you have multiple people vote for multiple people. A lovely update for the family. Hopefully Oli has a better Summer.

Holiday: Your sims keep proposing while you are away it seems. What a beautiful wedding for these two. They look beautiful! The wedding pictures were so pretty, great job with them! Being a star feels like so much fun in your hood. Maybe someday I'll try it again and try to make it a bigger deal. :) I think acting is my favorite active career in sims. It's so much fun to me. I'm all for quiet updates sometimes. I mean yes, they aren't the most exciting, but it feels like a nice peak into the more "normal" times. Congrats Orange on those aspirations! Orange is a handsome boy. Awww, bye Summer, you will be very missed! Crazy to believe you are already with Gen 3 teens. It happened so fast (especially while binge-reading.) So annoying when the DJ booth won't work. Still looks like a good party. Congrats on the gold prom, I rarely manage gold. I highly enjoyed that update!
Ok, that it for me today, but a couple more families down and I am just loving the families still. So much has changed, but they are all great.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I'm so excited I can be back for more already! I am so determined to get caught up, and please please please do not feel like you have to respond. :D
Spoiler:
Spring 4:
Caliente: HAHA, watching sims do yoga classes can be so funny. I love the guy that just 'gave up' in the back, very fun. Poor Travis, but he's a trooper. Oh back when the rash of move-in requests was a thing I see. lol Wanda is a cutie though, hopefully, it works out for them. The bedroom looks cute, good job! Too bad about the job glitching. I know that has been a thing for a while. Sad really, it's such a fun career. Travis looks so happy holding his granddaughter! I'm with Mateo, 4 AM is too early. So much for that domestic bliss, you mentioned moments ago. Oh wow, she was happy to split up huh? Interesting, that's cool. Oh no! Not Travis!!! Awww, well I'm sure he'll be happy to be back with his love. Wow, Bri is just like a serial dater. She wants to go on dates but doesn't want to stay in a relationship. At least some of her dates are the same way. What a fun and interesting household.

Zest: You know those lights really make Oasis Spring seem VERY hot, like super bright sun in the desert. Oh boy, a fussy DESTRUCTIVE toddler. She really will keep her parents on their toes. Awww, what a cute little playdate! So as a question, when you do the toddler playdates like this do you just invite them to the same lot and then immediately interact with the toddlers so they don't leave, or do you do something else to get them to hang out? Aww, Becky is a cute kid. Poor Johnny, although no reason to set the grill on fire. Aww, I'm happy that Tania gets it a bit more now, so sweet. The trip is super cute! I do like Granite Falls as a world. So many fires! Wow, good job Becky with the aspiration!
Ok, so I only got through 2 more updates, but they were awesome!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Alright, time for me to get caught up on commenting here!
Spoiler:
Caliente: Well, that didn't last long! Who could have foreseen that coming. :lol: (What I didn't see was it coming from Grace, though!) Hi Angela! Bye Angela! As soon as I saw Persephone I was like ohhh nooo that's not going to last either! I wanted to root for them 'cause she's my girl, but sadly it ended exactly as I thought. (Love that she decided to move herself in though before eventually getting the boot, haha.) Boy would I love if I had to play video games for work... It's funny how many things happened that emphasized Bri and Persephone not being so compatible, like the lack of hearts during their woohoo sesh, not sitting together during their dinner date, the vacuuming. Love it when the game works with your storylines!

Zest:'We have Spatula to keep us busy' cut to Spatula doing something that will most definitely keep them busy. :lol: Never change, Spatula. I didn't see Becky being a gloomy teen either! I think I just have missed her teen stats when I first read it because the all black wardrobe came out of nowhere for me, haha. (She's actually super similar to some of the plans I had for one my own kids this gen!) Bat cave seems like a fitting place for a newly emo gal, good call Haley. I love that the news of Max and his affair is just making the rounds to everyone. Not surprised that Becky was unimpressed by the fireworks after setting herself on fire twice in a week. Becky's first kiss with Wolfgang happening in a public bathroom seems quite fitting for them, honestly? (The photobooth picture really captures their vibe too, haha). And being the only sim of yours who seems to get along with him really fits her rebellious side. “Bonnie, that is exactly why she invited us here.” made me cackle. :lol: I'm rooting for them!

Vatore:So much going on with the Vatores this season! As I said on tumblr, Caleb clearly has his priorities in order. ;) Of course you needed more households to play! :lol: Dolly being pleased Max also screwed up is such sibling energy. Peanut appearing in Caleb's arms as this conversation took place also made me laugh... as did Bonnie managing to get engaged as teenager! Without your say! I'm afraid your sims may have taken the reins at this point. :lol: 'Out back' sure, Dolly! At least she and Diego are taking a much healthier approach to this than Max and Taeko at the moment. Sabrina is a cutie, but makes sense to cut down on some kids with the rotation size you're at. Peanut watching her play with that toy is so cute. A spur of the moment wedding seems about right for these two! I seriously thought Ella and Tarin would be the first wedding of the current couples though.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 4! Updated 10th Dec '23)

Post by Sam »

ciyrose: :wave:
Spoiler:
Glad you're getting used to the new format! I'm so glad you're still enjoying the updates, and you're getting so much closer to catching up completely, which is really exciting. The things you mention in your comments now don't feel like they happened ages ago :lol: I really enjoy reading your comments as you go along :heart:
Spoiler:
Caliente: I have to admit, I was slightly gutted Bri & Grace split, because they'd been such a good match :lol: it was a curve ball getting the want from Grace, though! As soon as Persephone came on the scene I was also torn between rooting for them and knowing it was probably not going to last :lol: There were so many signs, but I still thought it might just make it to winter at one point :lol: I do hope Persephone turns up again though, somewhere else in the save, she's a lot of fun!

Zest: Spatula is such a handful :lol: as exhausting as it having the Zests care for her, I absolutely love having her around. I really didn't expect gloomy! But I'll roll with what I get. I can't wait to see your guys as teens and what they get up to! (I saw the lil sneak peak on tumblr the other day :shifty:) I definitely felt that with Max there was no way it was going to stay secret for long - a lot of the families in the save know one another, it was bound to get out somehow. Becky and Wolfgang have been so interesting to watch, it genuinely felt like he couldn't make up his mind :lol: I'm really looking forward to seeing whatever happens next with them. I had to include that line, especially given that she spent almost zero time with the gang despite inviting them all there :lol:

Vatore: I knew as soon as I saw Max in the club with Keisha in early autumn that the Vatore round was going to be a doozy :lol: I can't believe I've done this myself though, 14 households going up to 16 in winter :spin: I must be mad. Peanut is never very far from Caleb :lol: I still can't believe I had a teenage engagement, honestly. The sims are very much in control in this save :lol: Dolly and Diego have really surprised me! I expected Diego to hold onto a grudge a little longer, but apparently not. I would love to be able to play all of them, but I just don't think I can manage it. Even though I'm not planning on Tarin & Ella having their wedding just yet, I still thought they'd be first from this generation :lol: my sims love to prove me wrong!
Thanks so much for your comments guys! :hug:
I've updated the main post with links to the Vatore update, and the Hughes update! :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 4! Updated 14th Dec '23)

Post by Sam »

Autumn with Taeko Kibo-Bell is now up! :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 4! Updated 22nd Dec '23)

Post by Sam »

Autumn with the Lobo family is now up!
I'm now going to take a break from posting over Christmas, as I don't have time to keep on top of filling the queue at the moment. More updates soon, though! :heart:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Once again time to catch up on some comments! Very excited to see what winter holds for everyone. :)
Spoiler:
Hughes: Of course they're team grandbabies! Can't blame Max for freaking out, it must be tricky becoming a 'new' parent again when it's been so long since your last kid! Somehow I'd completely missed Caleb drenching Keisha, Kirby's worried face is indeed hilarious. :lol: Matilda is very cute, even though if she's very often sad. Can I just say, I love how you make me want to root for all your sims, even when they do things I disagree with!

Kibo-Bell: Taeko making fun of Max having a newborn at bis age is extra funny after just seeing how well he's doing. ;) I love her taking up street photography as one of her new hobbies! Bri is certainly enjoying all those free goodies, isn't she? :lol: I can not fault Taeko, I bring my laptop up to my family's cottage specifically to play sims. :shifty: I didn't even realize squeamish sims would get negative moodlets about fishing! Even if she didn't quite even joy that so much, the rest of her vacation looked very relaxing.

Lobo: I'd imagine Caleb and Kirby would be pleased about them living there as well! “Don’t you think learning is pretty fun?” “No!” made me cackle. It's kinda a look though, tbh. Tania and Johnny showing up as the firefighters is hilarious, wonder how that even managed to happen though? At least they have plenty of experience! Everybody seems to be moving on to new partners pretty quickly, excpet for Taeko! It'll be interesting to see how they all shake out. I'm terrible at keeping any sort of notes myself, so I just screencap any moodlets/pop-ups/notifications as reminders. I still adore Zelda's knitted thrift. <3 Cat girl finally gets to join in on the fun!

Ember: Another thing I didn't know, either! Tarin showing up as well makes for a sweet mini-reunion (minus Alice). I love Mortimer floating ominously above her as she curses. I think I have seen sims react to familiar before? I imagine the teens in your school may just be used to the supernatural at this point! Morgyn gloating after beating Alice. :lol: I wonder if that animation is meant to be a cheek kiss that's somehow gotten misaligned? Either way, bad Andy! No kissing the teens!! Becky is definitely more age appropriate, but with her crush on Wolfgang I don't suspect anything will happen between her and Alice.
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Spoiler:
I remember seeing this somewhere years ago, so glad it's still being updated! I've got a lot to catch up on, clearly.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Autumn 4! Updated 16th Jan '24)

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Hughes: Yup! :lol: Max is so much older this time, I definitely think it would have an impact! I'm pleasantly surprised by how well he seems to be doing with it all, to be honest - he wasn't super attentive to Bonnie when she was young. I'm still not sure why Caleb did that?? Matilda is a sweetheart, I can't wait to watch her grow. Ha, I love that! I definitely don't support the things Max has been up to irl, but it's been a lot of fun to play with.

Kibo-Bell: Yeeeeah :lol: but I guess she doesn't know he's doing pretty well. I really enjoyed the game throwing me new things for her, it was a lot of fun! I swear Bri was always over :lol: That's fair, I took my switch lite on my last trip away so I could play pikmin 4 :lol: I didn't know either until it happened, but it actually makes sense. Definitely not a hobby she'll be keeping up, I suppose! Her vacation was really relaxing to play after all the drama! :heart:

Lobo: I think so :) I'm really not sure why the game picked Tania and Johnny?? I suppose they've put out enough fires on their home lot :lol: still strange, though. I did wonder if it was a bit soon for Diego, but also a week is a long time in the Sims, so I guess it kind of makes sense. It'll be interesting to see where it goes, though. I have a notebook specifically for Culpepper Pals, that lives by the PC at all times...and often I just neglect to write anything. Or I jot down too much about unnecessary things :lol: Screenshotting is probably the way to go. I love Zelda's knitted look, but I do think the bubble tea makes it :lol: I'm so excited we'll get to see more of Cat Girl!

Ember: I love getting the families together, it is definitely one of the highlights of having such a massive save! He's definitely the perfect edgy familiar for a spellcaster teen :lol: Yeah, the students can't be phased by supernaturals at this point after werewolves and aliens! Morgyn is such a classy winner :lol: I do think that's what happened, I probably just paused it at an awkward moment! I also think Becky might be too into Wolfgang. Ah well, maybe someone else will catch Alice's eye!
madeinsixam: :wave:
Spoiler:
It's hard to believe I've been playing & uploading these guys for nearly 5 years now - it doesn't feel like that long ago! I do try & write the summaries as good starting points, in case you don't feel up to reading all the updates - there's so much to catch up on now!
---
:hug:
I've added links to the Ember & Suzuki updates - we are finally done with autumn 4!
I think the summary will finish uploading tomorrow, I'll add a link when it does, and then we'll be heading into winter 4, which I'm very excited about :bounce:
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by klmnz »

End of the season! My goodness, I didn't see it coming in that last rotation at all. Still loving Culpepper Pals <3
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 4 Part 1! Updated 24th Jan '24)

Post by Sam »

klmnz:
It was a surprise to me too, and I was the one playing it! :lol: Glad you're still enjoying the gang :heart:

----

Winter 4 has begun! And we've got 16 households to get through :dizzy:
The first update of the season is up now, winter with Ana Goth - and she's starting university!
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Sam wrote: January 16th, 2024, 2:03 pm

madeinsixam: :wave:
Spoiler:
It's hard to believe I've been playing & uploading these guys for nearly 5 years now - it doesn't feel like that long ago! I do try & write the summaries as good starting points, in case you don't feel up to reading all the updates - there's so much to catch up on now!
Spoiler:
No worries about that! I've been enjoying catching up on everything, this is just such a good story and I love these characters!
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 4 Part 1! Updated 24th Jan '24)

Post by madeinsixam »

Spoiler:
I think I'm mostly caught up now! The tumblr format is kind of confusing for me haha. I've got to say I never liked Caleb Vatore when I played TS4 but your story has made me really like him and appreciate him for his goofy ways ❤
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 4 Part 2! Updated 16th Feb '24)

Post by Sam »

madeinsixam:
Spoiler:
That's great, it didn't take you that long! Oh no, confusing in what way? It does take some getting used to. Oh really, I think I've always had a soft spot for him :lol: he's such a goofball, and I love him for it.
----
Time for an update!
Winter with the Q family is up now :)

And thanks to everyone who nominated & voted for Culpepper Pals in the Golden Plumbbobs, it means a lot :heart:
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Sam wrote: February 16th, 2024, 1:06 pm madeinsixam:
Spoiler:
That's great, it didn't take you that long! Oh no, confusing in what way? It does take some getting used to. Oh really, I think I've always had a soft spot for him :lol: he's such a goofball, and I love him for it.
Yay, new update! I'll go read it ASAP.
Spoiler:
It's just the format, really! I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

I just never played the Vatores much because their starting concept just never appealed to me, but now I love Caleb's goofball-ness. I should give them a shot when I play TS4!
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Spoiler:
I love Jared so much. I love his zoomies rampage and his non-crisis and the fact that he gets angry about sleeping at night. Oh, Jared. Congrats on the new surprise baby!
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by klmnz »

The Q family are so cute <3 Lou Howell in my game has the same hates sleeping at night thing, and he likes to curl up and werewolf nap all over the place, making himself completely furious in the process :spin:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Winter 4 Part 3! Updated 22nd Feb '24)

Post by Sam »

madeinsixam:
Spoiler:
he's definitely one of my favourites!! His rampages are fairly manageable now, I just feel better if he's locked outside :lol: I always forget about his night sleeping thing, until it's too late. I can't wait to meet the final Q baby :)
klmnz:
Definitely one of my favourites :heart: I always forget Jared has it when I rejoin the family, and it's the quickest way to build up rage I swear!!

----
:hug: thanks guys!
Time for an update - winter with the Villareal family!

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”