SimNaNo 2019: Coffeehouse [Completed Banners!]

snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Re: SimNaNo 2019: Coffeehouse

Post by snazzle »

I have done.. *drumroll*.. zero prep. I mean, I've got pics from when I last played that save...in 2018. LOL I only had the chance to play Sims once this month and so of course what I did was open up a completely different save and use my time to build a house that no one needed. That's about how my summertime generally goes though. But like I said, I have pics, so my hope is that I have 10 updates worth of pics. It'll be pretty close. But I've not committed to anything during July (like I kept doing left and right all June), so fingers crossed.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

ciyrose wrote:Quick question, how do people handle word/picture counts. Do you post it on the update thread, post it on the entry itself, or something else? I'm just curious about what people tend to do since this is my first year participating. :)
When you post in the Update thread you'll need to provide, at the very least, whatever is in the update related to your goals. I need to set up the thread, though, and will do so once I close down my Summer Fete stalls tonight. :D
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I just decided to add on an additional goalsince im feeling confident, and I couldn’t choose between the two challenges I wanted to post. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. I’m really looking forward to giving this a try though!

I really hope I haven’t caused too much trouble keeping by changing up my goal this late.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Good to know about the word count thing. I'll be keeping an eye on the update thread, then!

I actually did some prepping on my primary goal last night, in that I started playing the household. (I've been essentially prepping for my secondary goal earlier in June by working on the actors. But then, I did think about having the secondary goal as my primary one first.) I decided playing before July is okay, and that takes some time too. It looks like it'll be a busy week for the household, probably picture count won't be a problem, while time might be. :tongue:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Thanks for the replies guys, I figured it would need to be on the update thread at the very least, so that's for confirming Liv! Going to try and get another post scheduled this weekend. I'll at least have 2 done then and can work on playing the next ones. I will either be super busy next week at work or it will be completely dead. We'll see how it goes.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

One last question. Can I sign up without a link for the moment? I won’t have time until tomorrow at earliest. And that link will just be to the coming soon post on boolprop and my blog.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

108sims wrote:I just decided to add on an additional goalsince im feeling confident, and I couldn’t choose between the two challenges I wanted to post. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. I’m really looking forward to giving this a try though!

I really hope I haven’t caused too much trouble keeping by changing up my goal this late.
Please keep in mind you can change your goals at ANY time! Even well into July! I'm flexible like that. ;) Don't sweat changing them, I keep all the banners and what not as editable GIMP images, so tweaking is fairly simple!
Jesslb429 wrote:One last question. Can I sign up without a link for the moment? I won’t have time until tomorrow at earliest. And that link will just be to the coming soon post on boolprop and my blog.
Yes! You absolutely can! I like having the link, but in all honesty it's really just a formality. It makes it easier for others to know where to go to support you, too!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Hey all! I've fixed up the UPDATE thread here with information that might be useful for you!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

And... to triple post with news!

It was brought to my attention today (by someone asking and me realizing a challenge I might face if I don't specify) that when goals end up getting changed for SimNaNo that you should post again on the Sign-Up thread so I can change the goals accordingly. Just post again stating that you're changing your goals and what you're changing them to. I should've had more forethought about this, so I apologize for the swap in rules. Anyone who's already changed your goals by now is totally fine to leave them, as I'm doing a once-over banner finalization on June 30th! It's more after that when I'm not PLANNING to check that thread unless 1) someone new signs up or 2) I'm alerted there's a change. I figure the best way to "alert" me of a change is by posting in the sign-up thread again, sound fair?

I apologize for any confusion, and once again if you've already changed your goals prior to today, that's totally fine and they've been noted. This is more a rule in effect for AFTER July 1st starts!

Also I want to add the option/offer that if you want a name OTHER than your forum name on your progress banner, PLEASE note that on the Sign-Up/PM me so I know!
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

One last question before tomorrow, I promise it’ll be the last. I have a link for the page on my blog that will feature the challenge I’m participating with. Should I just update my sign up post or make a new sign up post with the link. I want to be thorough.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I am ready - 9 out of 31 updates are scheduled.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I had planned on prepping some updates before July starts, and here I am on June 30 with nothing prepped. :lol: In my defense, my baby sis got married last night so we've spent the last week away from home getting stuff ready for that.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Jesslb429 wrote:One last question before tomorrow, I promise it’ll be the last. I have a link for the page on my blog that will feature the challenge I’m participating with. Should I just update my sign up post or make a new sign up post with the link. I want to be thorough.
Ask as MANY questions as you like! There's no shortage nor limits to questions! Feel free to just update your post with the link! :D
simsterlyrock wrote:I had planned on prepping some updates before July starts, and here I am on June 30 with nothing prepped. :lol: In my defense, my baby sis got married last night so we've spent the last week away from home getting stuff ready for that.
Congratulations to your sister! To be fair I wanted WAY more prepped and I only got one update :lol: Let's do this together!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Lolwhoops it's July :dizzy:

I've got about 60% of one post in my arsenal and that's it... I also have a two-week Harry Potter English Camp to plan and deliver in July but this is somehow one of my quieter months so maybe there's hope still!

Good luck to everyone participating!
Image Image Image
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

The update thread is well unlocked now, and all the banners should be there, though I'm currently verifying that.

Good luck everyone!! :thup:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Looks like there's many a good start, go us! :thup:

Got a pretty nice start myself, got to write some while on the bus today. It seemed to go painlessly too, so that's nice. If I can keep this up, that promises a good month.

Good luck everyone!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

katrisims wrote:Looks like there's many a good start, go us! :thup:

Got a pretty nice start myself, got to write some while on the bus today. It seemed to go painlessly too, so that's nice. If I can keep this up, that promises a good month.

Good luck everyone!
That's fantastic! I love getting to sneak time away. I've been super busy today getting out the threads so I'll be behind on getting mine around and about, but that's ok. Busy days happen!
Oh yes, I completely forgot I had food in the microwave! LOL it's one of those days.

Let's crush our goals!
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I forgot I had another update ready to go that I hadn't ever posted on my Wordpress, so I actually have my first update queued for tomorrow morning. Now to watch Stranger Things and play more so I can have some updates ready to go!
wyldhawke
Origin ID: IllusoryThrall
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

I've played so much on my Mermaid Legacy (my SimNaNo story) this week that I'm way far ahead of what I have posted. Which is a rarity for me... I think I have enough for four-five updates ... and somehow I'll still be in the founding generation! I'm so used to writing commentary only that this whole actual story-writing process is making for shorter chapters, and the generation is "taking longer" than usual. I love the save, though, so I can't say I mind. But that being said, I got off to a great start this month - now I just have to keep up with it!
Origin ID: Wyldhawke / Sims 4 forum ID: illusorythrall
Challenges by me: Apartment Switch|Master Simmer|Timeline Adventure|Misery2Mansions
Alternate Rules by me: Hard Mode Decades|Extended Not So Berry|Mermaid Legacy
Check me out on Twitch: https://twitch.tv/illusorythrall

ImageImageImage
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

No new writing today or yesterday, but I managed to finish playing the family for this rotation, so that's definitely progress. And, the week was quite good progress on the BaCC score too. Now there's only the picking pictures and the writing left - which is usually the hard part. ;) But, I think I can consider myself well into my primary goal at this point. :party:

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”