The L'Amour Legacy- updated 19/02/23

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 28/10/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

KatLovesPotatoes wrote:Yay, new update!
Spoiler:
PHILLIP. SHAME ON YOU. YOU HAVE FIVE KIDS AND A WIFE. HOW DARE YOU. YOU’RE AS BAD AS HANS WAS! >_> But Hans never married... so... I guess you’re better than him? BUT STILL. THAT WAS YOUR EX-GIRLFRIEND’S TEEN DAUGHTER! HOW DARE YOU, PHILLIP! :nono: Also, not cool, ACR. Thanks for that...

I think Sevim’s trying to protect his mom from knowing what happened last night... which I don’t approve of. Phillip’s wife should know!

That’s nice, random cousin... and she’s also pretty.

... Suyuu’s bottom teeth coming out of her chin... that’s... terrifying

Phillip looks so happy for having to resign. :haha:

I like her rainbow skin and eyes.

Hmm... interesting choice, Zekna.
I've just seen this reply (I really should remember to check Boolprop more often!!) and goodness your comment made me laugh :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
I know ACR makes sims do crazy things, but I really wasn't expecting that! As you say, a father of five!! And that's a good theory about Sevim trying to distract his mum :'( I'm thinking unless I invite the teen girl over (or if Sevim brings her over) it won't come out, but who knows with this game!
Thanks for your comments, I enjoyed them and agree with them all aha!
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 28/10/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:No worries, I've been pretty busy myself so I understand. ^^

Thoughts on the new chapter:
Oh man, Philip's mid-life crisis is not doing him any good! I mean, who sleeps with their ex-girlfriend's daughter!? :nono: Also, this is random but I like the color scheme of the girls Tapmak and Savma brought home. They're very colorful and vibrant haha. :tongue: And Tapmak T-posing into teenagerhood had me chuckling for a good minute, as well. :lol: Uh oh, good luck with those 50 dream dates. I personally hate those kinds of LTWs. :fisty: It seems like it's already doing more harm than good. I hope no sibling rivalry ensues for Zenka's love and affection. If it does, however, I'll be ready with some popcorn. :haha:

Can't wait for the next installment, Voo! Great job on the legacy so far! :)
And here I am taking ages to reply again! I'll get the hang of it :spin: I want to only play the game, write chapters and read others stories, but life has other ideas ;)

Thank you for your thoughts, I really appreciate them!! Hehe I like the rainbow girls too. They're the daughters of a pre-made from a custom neighbourhood, but I jazzed up their genetics in SimPE, because I fell in love with those skins :jawdrop: Tap *would* pick such an LTW, but it's better than 50 first dates, imo... and re Zenka... oh boy. It's not the last we'll see of her!

Thank you so much! Now I'm going to catch up on your challenge with a nice hot brew :tea:
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 11/11/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

Chapter 1.12 is here- The semester is ramping up, I'd hoped to get a chapter done sooner :( Hopefully I'll sort out the work-sim balance soon ;)

Chapter 1.12

Enjoy and let me know what you think! :)
Last edited by Vooogerbits on May 21st, 2022, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:I actually needed that recap in the beginning because it's been a while since I read this legacy so thank you for that! Oooh all those goodies in Elvira's inventory would be nice for the L'Amours to keep. :twisted: Oh sure, bring back a vampire during the day because why not? Sim logic at its finest lol. Yeah, I think doing the poll once the twins are teens would be a good idea. I'd like to get an idea of what each heir would bring to the table. :tongue:

Great update as usual, Voo! Looking forward to the next installment! :)
Ah thanks, that's good to know. I'm thinking of doing a general info reference page on the family members for this reason. I know I'd appreciate, especially if it's been a while!

Cool, thank you for your poll opinion too! I'm looking forward to seeing who it will be :D

Thank you very much!! Loving it so much haha
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Chapter 1.13 is uploaded :D Quite a dramatic one this time, and Sevim's off to college!

Chapter 1.13

Do let me know what you think and thank you for reading :)
Last edited by Vooogerbits on May 21st, 2022, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Pride!!
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 20/11/20

Post by KatLovesPotatoes »

Spoiler:
This is amusing.
Can’t believe the game for thinking Tampak had an affair with his MOM.
Yay, doggy! Too bad they don’t get along.
“Tampak’s grades are slipping, as is his relationship with gravity, apparently” I love this line. I just love it. It’s hilarious. :rotfl:
Good job on your promotion, Phillip!
I do think those two kids are cute together.
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

KatLovesPotatoes wrote:
Spoiler:
This is amusing.
Can’t believe the game for thinking Tampak had an affair with his MOM.
Yay, doggy! Too bad they don’t get along.
“Tampak’s grades are slipping, as is his relationship with gravity, apparently” I love this line. I just love it. It’s hilarious. :rotfl:
Good job on your promotion, Phillip!
I do think those two kids are cute together.
Spoiler:
Haha I know, the affair with a parent memory is a new one for me lol. Maybe Eloise woke up nekkid with her son and assumed the worst, for some awful reason...
Aww, thank you! And thank you for your opinion on the teen couple, it's cool to hear others' opinions :D
Happy Pride!!
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Spoiler:
I do like them together. Hopefully the game will stop thinking Tampak is with his mom. :/
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

KatLovesPotatoes wrote:
Spoiler:
I do like them together. Hopefully the game will stop thinking Tampak is with his mom. :/
Very useful, thanks! And oh god... thankfully everything is normal except for that memory, so fingers crossed all will stay well :blush:
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:Oh wow Zevim (Senka?)'s date was pretty intense lol. Yay for a new doggo! It's a shame Belle doesn't like Dettypig tho. :( Also idk if it's bc I'm a potterhead but for a second I thought the car with Sev and Tap looking at each other was in the air and I was reminded of this iconic scene. :rotfl:

On another note I've never been to any of the hobby lots before so that was interesting to see. ELOISE, NO! EW! SOME FAMILY SIM YOU ARE! :yuck: And oh dear, it looks like Tap wants some action with Zenka as well. Poor Sevim had to witness that during his going-to-college party.

This was quite the eventful update, Voo, and I honestly enjoyed every minute of it! Can't wait for the next installment. :D
Ooh I hadn't thought about ship names! Pheloise? D: Bloody dogs are so difficult!! And haha, as a fellow Potterhead that's very accurate :haha: I'll have to pain the next car blue and see if it happens again :P So, so yuck! I've honestly never seen that before D: It was quite eventful wasn't it :heavybreathing:
Thank you very much for your comment! :D
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

My pre-college interlude (not a full chapter, but it was.... necessary to cover something else before college):

Pre-college interlude

I've also uploaded a scarily long Alumni Adventures update, if you want to see what the College Adventures (my other, finished story) sims were up to. What with Christmas coming I hope to be playing through my neighbourhood a lot more! Fingers crossed :)
Last edited by Vooogerbits on May 21st, 2022, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 02/12/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:I can't wait to see your recreation of the scene then, haha! Also, yessss Pheloise sounds good to me! :thup:

Regarding the interlude: yiiiikess, Tap knocked up Zenka? This is going to make things awkward for Sevim and Tap. Also, I'm honestly not sure how you could proceed from here with Tenka/Zapmak and their child(ren). Maybe let things play out and just go with the flow? Or go for whatever option you're leaning towards if you have an idea of how you'd like to continue their story arc. :hmm:

Lol at Sininen having two bolts for Tap but congratulating Zenka. The passive-aggressiveness is strong with this one. :rotfl: Also, it'll be interesting to see how you manage a college household with babies and toddlers. Godspeed, Voo, godspeed.

Looking forward to the next update! ^^
I honestly couldn't believe it, it's like ACR was having a joke at my expense :lol: Haha, Tap and Zenka's ship names are great, maybe it's worth going with them just to be able to use their ship names lol. I'm writing up the next chapter at the moment so things have developed a bit, but I'm still not sure what to do! I suppose there is time to decide...

Hahah so true! Thank you for the good luck and your comment! It's always appreciated :D
Happy Pride!!
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

XD Well, not anything you can do about it now! Early start at Gen. 3 children? :haha:
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Chapter 1.14 is live! I update you on the main househould (introducing new teenage Soymek and Suyuu! and some tough times for Tapmak) and Sevim's first year of uni.

Chapter 1.14

Don't miss out, and thanks for reading as always, let me know your thoughts and what you'd like to happen, etc :)
Last edited by Vooogerbits on May 21st, 2022, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Pride!!
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 06/12/20

Spoiler:
Booty’s so pretty! :hearts:
Aww... bye Betty! :cry: Poor Suyuu...
Geez, those are some high bills!
TAP, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! THAT’S ZENKA’S DAD!
Awwwww! Puppy! SO CUTE! :hearts:
Aww... Miscarriage... :(
*a few swipes later*
... Wow. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just... Lol. I don’t have anything else to say about that. :rotfl:
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:Man, ACR sounds like it's causing quite a bit of trouble for the L'Amours (it's hilarious though, not going to lie haha). Ship names are always fun! I enjoy coming up with them for my Sims. And yeah, Tap's still pretty young and Zenka just started college so there's time to figure things out. :)

Regarding the new chapter:
Lol, Zenka's mother stealing the paper is oddly fitting given Tap's situation with Zenka. On a more serious note, if the stealing papers thing ever gets on your nerves there's this cool mod you can download to prevent that (my bad. Apparently this mod is discontinued in favor of this one). Awww no, not Betty! :cry:

Omg, those bills! How did they even reach that amount? I love the twins' makeovers by the way, especially Suyuu. Good luck with Soymek's Romance aspiration, though. Hopefully he won't get into as much trouble as Tap. Yeah, Philip dreaming of his ex's daughter is a biiigg yikes. Get over it, man! Also, yaaaayy for a new puppy (I really love the name merging theme you've got going on with them, :haha:).

Oh no, not a miscarriage! Poor Zenka! Honestly, I like the idea of Sevim with Zenka more too. Wait what? She's pregnant with Sev's kid now? Oh ACR, you amuse me sometimes. Personally, I'd vote for Sev as heir but I'm interested in seeing what the others have to offer. I'm looking forward to the upcoming poll. ^^

Great update, Voo! I can't wait for the next one! :D
Haha yes, I love it really! My playstyle is definitely boring without ACR lol. I'm definitely going to take a leaf out of your book and think of ship names- I hadn't realised I essentially called Dettypig the ship name of his parents :slaphappy:

I know! I don't think I've had the parents of a knocked up girl be furious at the boy before, I love it! Ahh, thank you for the recommendation, it definitely does get annoying. Especially when you're relying on a newspaper for job-hunting! Betty will be missedd, though not too much tbh XD

I've got a harder bills mod, and I don't know how it calculates the bills, as other households with more stuff (and more.... house) have way lower bills. Yes, here's hoping (or not >:)) that Soymek stays out of trouble!

That college couple is sweet, I agree. Ah, good to know!

You're a gem for commenting; thank you so much :) xx
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Chapter 1.15 is up, as is the *first heir poll* :party2:

Chapter 1.15
First heir poll- vote now!

This is my first heir poll ever, and I've said I'll leave it up for two weeks, but wasn't really sure what time-span to put. If you have any recommendations about the length of time I should leave it up, do let me know!
Stay well and safe! xx
Last edited by Vooogerbits on May 21st, 2022, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 20/12/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:Of course! This story is one of my favorites! :)

Yesss, ship names are really fun to come up with and I also feel like you get attached to, and more invested in, your Sims and their relationships. Yeah, the kicking over trashcan and stealing newspaper actions are funny at first but then they get annoying. Oh okay, that explains it then. I might have to download that mod, because my Sims' bills are usually very low. Plus I realized you can pretty much start building a proper house after only a few days of working, so it kind of takes the challenge out of lot-living. :tongue:

Also, hooray for a new chapter! Poor Trufla keeps going into aspiration failure. You'd think that as a Family Sim and as someone surrounded by kids her aspiration score would actually be okay. I personally have never seen that cake pop-up before, although I can definitely relate to it. Who can ever say no to some cake? :lol: Awww, welcome to the chaotic dorm, little Prem! I can tell he's going to be a cutie when he grows up. :D

Wow, I didn't realize you could spill drinks on Sims to help with the heat stroke haha. That's pretty funny (so was the fact that Elvira kept scaring the wrong kid). As the youngest, I can say that you actually don't get much freedom so the way Pheloise reacted to Savma's accident was pretty accurate. You know, I've never seen what the ghost pets do so it was cool to see Betty haunting the lot. Despite Sinien's internal family drama, I have to say she looks cute with Tap (that spicy woohoo shot you took of the cutscene made me chuckle). Also, lol at Soymek's first kiss being a professor. Poor guy. :haha:

Regarding polls, I made one for my Disney Princess Challenge because I didn't know who to pick as Ariel's spouse. I personally made two versions: one on LJ and one on Boolprop, so that more people could access them and cast their votes because not everyone is on Boolprop (and, similarly, not everyone is on LJ). I left both polls open for a week, which I felt was enough for me because I couldn't wait to continue playing with the family again lol. So I guess how long you leave the polls open is up to you. I just voted in your poll, by the way. After this chapter I was conflicted between choosing Sevim and Tapmak, but I'll be excited and happy for any of the boys really.
:bounce:

Great update as usual, Voo! Can't wait for the next update! :grin:
You're too nice!!

Yeah that's so true, I think you do get attached when there's a ship name! I don't regret getting the higher bills mod, it's just insaaanely easy otherwise XD Which you don't always want.

Ha yes I think if I were Trufla I would've fricking stepped up and been the parent those kids basically didn't have, and got my fulfilment that way. She left after Prem's birth too! I don't think I knew about the drink-pouring either, I didn't get many sims passing out from the heat before I got a temperature mod. Another of my sims froze the other day and another sim got a hairdryer out lol. That is very sad regarding being the youngest child- maybe parents get hardened over the years?! I feel like I get quite a raw deal as an only child in different ways haha. I'm liking Tininen/Sap (it's gotta be Sap right?!) too and thank you, I was very proud of that screenhot from the cutscene hahaha.

Thank you for your poll advice! Imma make one on here in that case, it definitely can't hurt :) I need to play the rest of the neighbourhood before the next update anyway, but I am impatient to know what direction the legacy will go in #excitement. Thank you very very for your great comments as always and I'm looking forward to more of your updates! :D
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 20/12/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

FIRST HEIR POLL-VOTE NOW

I've put an heir poll here on boolprop too if this is how you'd rather vote- do have your say and help me out :) Thanks!
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- first heir poll on BP 23/12/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:That's so true! Do you remember where you got the mod from by any chance? And honestly same, I would've taken on the parent role if I were Trufla (although that could just be because I have three nieces so I'm kind of familiar with how to handle kids, lol). Oh wow, the hair dryer method is hilarious but very realistic. I'm sure you had a good chuckle watching it happen. :tongue: Well being the youngest is not all doom and gloom: you do get spoiled quite a bit despite constantly being lectured by your parents, haha. Also yesssss, I approve of Sap as the ship name! You're most welcome, I hope my advice helps! Aww thank you so much, I really appreciate your kind words. I just voted in the Boolprop poll as well by the way, because why not? :smirk:
Yes, the mod is here here. I use the worst version haha, but obviously you can try out to see what works best for you and your game :) Yeah, Trufla could have really been a second mum to those kids, but they were very busy studying most of the time to be fair haha. Yes I loved the hair dryer moment! I'm glad it's not all bad being the worst! I have several little cousins and I feel like they get away with way more than I ever did, but whatever, I'm not bitter ;) Thank you, your advice did help! And thanks for your vote- I'm getting impatient to move on with the result now haha. Now I'm off to read the next Didney chapter, woo!
Happy Pride!!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”