15th Birthday Party .... Its Good to talk!!

itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

15th Birthday Party .... Its Good to talk!!

Post by itsjulie »

15th Birthday Party .... Writing Challenge

Sometimes a good way to get a story started is with a gripping piece of dialogue.
The first line of a conversation that you can take anywhere you like!!

Writing Challenge

Take one of the dialogue prompts below and use it to start off your piece of writing.

It is up to you how you do this exercise ...
create a small scene, short story or you can even forget the he said / she said and just belt out a conversation.

and of course, you don't have to do just one, you can do as many as you are inspired to do!!

1 ..."I never stood a chance, did I?"
2 ... "You need to leave. Now!!"
3 ... "There is no us, there never was!"
4 ... "We were supposed to leave, like ten minutes ago."
5 ... "Excuse me, is anyone sitting here?"
6 ... "Who are you to tell me how to live my life."
7 ... "That was my favourite cup!"
8 ... "Woah, back up, you are losing me!"
9 ... "What have you done now?"
10 ... "You've got thirty seconds to explain to me what you are doing here!"
11 ... "I'm sorry I thought you was someone else."
12 ... "Actually, you are speaking to the Manager."
13 ... "That's not a good look."
14 ... "I told you not to read that."
15 ... "Don't just stand there looking at me!"
16 ... "What do you mean, he has gone."
17 ... "Please tell me you didn't eat that!!"
18 ... "You have been in a car crash. Can you tell me your name?"
19 ... "What was I doing again?"
20 ... "Why aren't you wearing any pants?"
21 ... "I thought you were the police."
22 ... "How can I go out looking like this?"
23 ... "I could dance the night away."
24 ... "So what happens if I press this button?"
25 ... "Seriously, you need to stop drinking!!"
26 ... "I really hate that painting."
27 ... "Hey, at least I tried."
28 ... "Dude! Its 3am in the morning!!"
29 ... "You look a lot different to your profile picture!"
30 ... "Let's face it, you don't exactly blend in."
31 ... "Now don't be mad, but ..."
32 ... "Dude, we talked about this. Boundaries!"
33 ... "Whatever you do, don't move!!"
34 ... "The worst part is, you didn't even notice."
35 ... "What time do you call this??"

Not feeling inspired to write anything from one of the prompts above???

You could always help to make this list longer, by leaving us 15 new dialogue prompts
There are stars to earn for doing it ^^

Participating in at least 5 events will earn you the 15th Birthday medal Image
PM an active Moderator with links to your five posts to claim it!
Note ... The Arcade games only count as ONE of your five

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 15th Birthday Party .... Its Good to talk!!

Post by 108sims »

Did one of these, and it got a bit away from me. Just some random writing that might end up being a future scene in something? (I have secret new challenge plans) Regardless of whether or not I use this for anything, it was fun to do a bit of writing again. :)

"We were supposed to leave, like ten minutes ago."
Spoiler:
Andi pulled in the driveway of her best friend Natalia’s house. She walked up to the front door and just went in. They grew up together and were practically family. Her parents had always been weirdly chill about Nat and her brother’s friends just walking in their house, especially Andi and her family. It was a stark contrast from how her own mother ran the house, not that Andi minded at all.

After waving at Natalia’s mom, Rosemary, she found her best friend pacing the floor in the living room.

“Uh, what’s going on?”

“What’s going on? WHAT’S GOING ON? You’re late!” Natalie hollered, clearly on edge.

“I’m pretty sure you told me to come over at one.”

“No, I said quarter till one, so we could leave at one.”

“Well,” Andi replied treading carefully, “It just turned one now, so…”

She wasn’t really sure she should finish her sentence. Natalia was usually pretty laid back, but she wasn’t someone you wanted to argue with. Neither was Andi really, if she was in a certain mood. The few times they had fought during their friendships had been pretty big blowouts. Luckily, they always made up in the end.

“It doesn’t even matter. No one else is here, so it’s not like we can leave. We had an appointment for all of you to be fitted for your bridesmaids dresses, but noooo, no one could bother to show up on time. Why would they? It’s not like any of you have been that supportive of this wedding. It’s all going to blow up in my face, and I’m not going to get married, and I’m going to be alone forever, and-”

Andi got up and gently grabbed her friend’s arm, stopping her from wearing a hole in the carpet.

“Nat, you’re spiraling.”

Natalia hung her head, “I know. I just really want this wedding to be perfect you know? There’s so much that goes into planning it, even with help.”

Andi nodded sympathetically.

“You’re just trying to shut me up aren’t you?” Natalia accused her with a glare.

“No, I’m really not. It’s just, well, I think you’re way overthinking things. You and Maxwell have been engaged for over a year, and you have barely anything planned. I know you want it to be all rich and extravagant to impress all his fancy, snooty friends, but you’re putting way too much pressure on yourself.”

Natalia’s shoulders slumped.

“I am. At this point I just want the wedding to be over with. If our wedding planner, or anyone else for that matter, chimes in one more time about tweaking some small little detail, I’m going to tell them where they can shove it. I mean last week she criticized the silverware we picked out? Silverware of all things. Then Max’s great aunt went on some whole rant about how she didn’t like the shade of blue we chose, so we had to go with a slightly different shade of blue. I’m pretty sure there’s not a difference.”

“There probably wasn’t. Rich people are weird.”

“It’s not just because they’re rich,” she said unconvincingly.

Andi raised an eyebrow.

“Okay, it’s definitely because they’re rich, and they don’t want the wedding to be an embarrassment to their family name.”

“Then why don’t they plan it.”

“Oh, trust me, it’s been so hard to bite my tongue.”

“I bet. You usually don’t. Like ever. Also, how can his wedding to you be embarrassing? Considering what an awful person his first wife was, you’re an upgrade.”

Natalia smiled a bit, “Thanks, at least you think so. You know he’s inviting her family over to the wedding. Well just her sister, and her daughter’s family, which come to think of it, aren't they related to you somehow?”

“Yeah, she’s like my great aunt or something maybe? I really don’t know them that well at all. Ew, you know when you put it like that, it makes it sound like you’re marrying an old man, and you acted like Silas was practically geriatric when he’s only about five years older than me,” Andi scrunched up her nose. It was weird. One of Maxwell’s kids was close to graduating high school, and Nat had just finished uni.

“You’re secretly judging me.”

“Not so secretly. It’s weird. His kid’s closer to your age than he is.”

“Love works in mysterious ways.”

“Well, I of all people can’t argue about that,” Andi conceded.

They sat there for a few moments not saying much of anything. It was odd, this house was so familiar to her, but she and Nat had both changed so much over the years. At least they were still friends. There was a time she wondered if even that would stay the same.

Andi reached over and pulled Nat into a hug, squeezing her tightly before letting go.

“It’s all going to be okay, you know. You and Maxwell will get married, his kids and his snotty relatives will learn to live with it, and one day you’ll look back and laugh about how you almost lost it because I showed up a few minutes late to your house.”

Natalia pulled back nodding, “I know. It just seems like so much right now. Also, now we’re really late. We were supposed to leave like ten minutes ago.”

“I’ll text the others and see where they’re at.”

Natalia gave her an appreciative smile.

Before Andi could even hit send, their friend Miranda burst in the room looking exhausted.

“I am sooo sorry. Please forgive me. I thought Chance had hired a sitter, but he forgot, and then I had to wait for my parents to show up and watch the kids. I know I should’ve texted you to let you know what was going on, but I completely forgot in all the chaos. Raising twins is not easy.”

Natalia laughed, “It’s fine, and I’m sure my mom would agree with you. I’m pretty sure raising Marco and me was no picnic. I mean I was a complete angel.”

Andi stuck her tongue out, ”Yeah, sure you were. I know what you were like as a kid, and I’ve heard all the stories in way more detail than I’d ever want to about all the trouble you both caused.”

“Well hopefully I won’t have twins since I am a twin.”

“Genetically speaking, there are a couple things that could lead you to having twins,” Miranda said.

“Not helping!”

“Let me finish. I was going to say that really it’s not that likely. Now if you wait longer or have IVF or -”

“Nope not thinking about this right now. Not thinking about kids at all. I just wanted to get this wedding taken care of.”

“I just got her to calm down Miranda, don’t add to her stress.”

Miranda held up her hands defensively.

“Any word from the others,” Natalia asked, changing the subject.

“Sonia and Regina didn’t answer me, but I just heard a car pull up, so that’s probably them now.”

Natalia let out a sigh of relief.

“Good, I’m going to tell them to turn around and get right in my car, so we can get this fitting out of the way. One less thing to worry about.”

“We’ll get through this,” Andi reminded her, squeezing her hand in what she hoped was a reassuring manner.

“Together,” Miranda added, looping her arm through Natalia.

“I have pretty great friends you know. If only I could get you all to show up on time,” she gave Sonia and Regina, who were just standing in the driveway, a look.

“Hey,” Sonia grumbled, “If that’s your only complaint about us, then you should count yourself lucky.”

“You’re right. I guess I am lucky.”

Andi saw Natalia smile, a genuine smile for what seemed like the first time in well, probably over a year. Whatever happened, wedding or not, they’d all be there for each other.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]

Return to “Boolprop Birthday Archive”