Picture Tips!

Chan

Picture Tips!

Post by Chan »

I just so recently began playing around with FRAPS for my in game pictures and PS for my out of game edits and it's a ton of fun! A little challenging (Photoshop is anyway) but I love how much better my pictures look.
My question or prompt(?) is what do you guys use to edit your pictures?
If you use PS, is it just a mix of curves and vibrancy? Or if you don't even use FRAPs, what makes your pictures pretty? I'm so inspired by the edits/graphics I see on here and I'm just curious as to how you guys get your pictures so dang nice! And if there's a distinct look you go for; i.e. more pastel, more vibrant, etc!
mandarine

Re: Picture Tips!

Post by mandarine »

I use Bandicam for screencatching, and then just Gimp to crop my pics.
While I think that all these filter stuff looks nice enough, I don't see the need to it
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I use Gimp to crop and edit my pictures, though 'editing' for me consists of duplicating the layer, screening it, and then playing around with the opacity depending on the lighting. Sometimes I get ~fancy~ and do a colour overlay, but I prefer leaving my pictures as they are for the most part.
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

Picture-taking-wise it's either the in-game camera or shift-print screen in combination with the camera-man mode (tab).

Picture-quality-wise, if I want a really nice shot or want to be able to monkey with the colors, it's either in Open Office, Libre Office, or because I uploaded them to photobucket(and used their photo editor tools) prior to posting them.
There's an Auto- HD button that's really nice there, as well as a color-correction button (can't recall what its name is) on the same page.
I usually don't do very much in the way of color-correcting or "spit & polish" for my legacy chapters though; just the addition of props, effects or accessories I create in Open Office.
Hope all that helped! :thup:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls

Return to “Sims 2 Photo Sharing”