The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *May 18*

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
B. Scirocco
Steam ID: Le Tresor Interdit
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *Nov. 11*

Post by B. Scirocco »

@Calamity Jade:
Spoiler:
I'm glad you've found it entertaining! Admittedly, the only drama I was looking for at first was the difficulty of playing with so many restrictions on technology, but I had to get creative when I started looking for ways to fulfill the scoring objectives, and the easiest way was via fulfilling relationship wants.

Oh goodness, I hope no one rolls up the twenty lovers want before the challenge is over; fifty first dates was hard enough!

I wonder what the probability is of having four out of seven fortune sims? It was pretty tough to keep their aspirations up unless they could get dates along the way. Then again, I think every single teenager persistently wanted cell phones, handheld games, or college enrollment, so the fortune kids weren't unique in that respect.

Thanks, I'm glad you found the playtesting on gardening useful. :) I too have found fruit trees to be a little frustrating to care for, since they seem to get bugs a lot and can't be watered or weeded to give them a boost. I have occasionally missed apples, though, for use in pepper punch, which would have been nice for pregnant sims and parents with crying babies.

I did find out about the "Make" option when I had Violet run a prepared-food business, but I had forgotten, so thank you!

Yes, I was pretty happy when Owen finally found someone. I vaguely remember Hat Girl... *takes a look at your apocalypse again* It's funny that she was a celebrity chef in your neighborhood, and that neither you, me, nor Owen liked her hat. :wink:
Thanks for commenting! Chapter 15 is now up.
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *Nov. 21*

Post by B. Scirocco »

Chapter 16 is ready.
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *Dec. 28*

Post by B. Scirocco »

It's been a while, but Chapter 17 is up now.
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *Jan. 12*

Post by B. Scirocco »

Hi, thanks for the comment! I quite agree, having eight Sims was pretty stressful! Luckily, skilling put them on autopilot for the most part, so that helped. I'll admit it: I mainly had so many kids because I was trying to have a wide variety of potential heirs, not to mention plenty of chances for additional points from birthdays and maxed skills.

I got a bit overzealous playing after last time, but that means Chapter 18 is up now! :thup:
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *Jan. 12*

Post by Calamity Jade »

Whoa, almost hard to believe you're over half-way done with the challenge! Good work ^^
Spoiler:
Now that you mention it, I really can't recall a regular townie with the Popularity aspiration! Most of them are YAs, pretty sure. But I forgot about the professors! Good thing that they can visit community lots.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to make house guests sleep either. Even when they're *supposed*, i.e. when they come from a vacation town.

I cracked up at Glen's parting remark. Sure buddy, maybe you ought to have put "some effort" in holding your bladder. :rotfl:

A good old Ventis family meal, where half would rather eat Pop Tarts than a nice spaghetti meal. :slaphappy:

Of course Shanna is thrilled about the Ventis' generational wealth, she must be a practical woman.
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *Feb. 14*

Post by B. Scirocco »

Spoiler:
@nooboostar:
I'm hoping for relatively little jealousy in the future; thank goodness Alyssa's mostly uninvolved now, aside from her ghostly maid routine making my sink and dishwasher glitch out... but I think a few of Killian's dates may have developed a crush, so the past might pop back up again when I least expect it.
Yep, I got Geoff to situational triple bolts with Marylena a long time ago by having her change into underwear. :wink:
Oh, I phrased things wrong; I meant that Holden's fashion sense looks like something from the '70s, which is where I got the Elvis vibes.
Off-camera, I witnessed Wanda Tinker leave behind a tombstone on a community lot a long time ago! I was surprised that it happened, although I made sure to exit without saving afterward.
Visiting a downtown lot is a good idea, but that just happens to be where I put their getaway! I was trying to provide Alyssa a wider dating pool back when by opening up a place to meet downtownies, although I think it ended up working out better for Owen and Killian in the end.
About buying going-away presents: I had to think of some way to pare down their finances, since I don't know how to use the familyfunds cheat when there's more household named "Ventis" in the neighborhood.
Well, Killian spent a decent amount of time in a swimsuit already this update, so why break a trend? ^^

@Calamity Jade:
Thanks! :thup: It's not quite the home stretch, but I think I can see the finish line from here.
I got a slight spark of inspiration after scouring the list of popularity sims, which is why I thought to hail Prof. Sierra, although indecisiveness won out in the end.
Yes, I don't know what Glen expected me to do there; I certainly wasn't going to delete the tombstones! :roll:
Apparently, the siren song of sugar was too strong to ignore, no matter how good the spaghetti looked. XD
They've come a long way since Geoff had to sleep on a couch in the rain; Shanna has good timing to show up after they got comfy beds and a second bath.
Thank you both for the lovely comments! Chapter 19 is ready now.
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *Feb. 27*

Post by B. Scirocco »

Chapter 20 is complete!
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *Mar. 20*

Post by B. Scirocco »

Chapter 21 is ready!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Your last link doesn't work
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

Oops, corrected.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

no worries.
Spoiler:
(still enjoy reading the story)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

@peachy123uk: Thank you, glad you're enjoying it.

After a long wait, Chapter 22 is finally out!
Boo
Origin ID: MightyMinestrone
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *May 30*

Post by Boo »

I love this! I'm a big Harvest Moon fan too, and I really think you've managed to capture that vibe. :)
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *July 24*

Post by B. Scirocco »

@Boo: Hey thanks, glad you're liking it! Nice to meet a fellow Harvest Moon fan, too! :wave:

Chapter 23 is ready now!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *July 24*

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
me up to date now, would have replied sooner but was busy with Simnano.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *February 26*

Post by B. Scirocco »

@peachy: No worries; thanks for reading!

After a long wait, Chapter 24 is now up.
Last edited by B. Scirocco on February 26th, 2023, 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *October 4*

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
sorry to hear about your cat, losing pets is hard. But back to the sims, wow what a surprise twins.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *December 27*

Post by B. Scirocco »

@peachy: Thank you. It's been hard, although I'm doing OK now.

I confess, I used cheesecake this time. I wanted a lot of kids this generation, and I figured it would be easier to go through as few pregnancies as possible.

I appreciate the comment! After a long wait, Chapter 25 is ready. (You'll see the main reason at the end. :wink:)
B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *December 27*

Post by B. Scirocco »

Chapter 26 is now ready!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Ventis Yeoman Farmers *February 27*

Post by Calamity Jade »

Caught up to the end of Anthony's generation!
Spoiler:
I'm also guilty of the change appearance trick so that I can increase boltage, doesn't always pan out. Sad to see Killian go, though why do the elders like to die at birthday parties so much?

Nice pick for a bride for Anthony, I'm always keen on using one of the blond hat girls when I can. If I remember correctly, having the same zodiac sign doesn't increase chemistry, they just end up canceling each other out.

Yay for having all the different types of platinum graves (well except for Grilled Cheese, but I suppose you can't really make that happen without breaking the rules).

I forget, did you have a mod that prevented the social worker from coming if the kids missed school? Wondering how you were able to keep them homeschooled for so long.

BTW, off-topic but very beautiful embroidery you posted at the end of Chapter 25!

Iris does not feel so enthralled about 50 dream dates, lol. I don't think I've done that LTW yet, just the 50 1st dates, and boy is it tedious.

I like to call that default female hairstyle the Hairstyle of Doom, haha. But at least you do have the option to change it, unlike in an Apoc.

Oh, another Dahlia! Fortunately this one is a little nicer than mine.

Damn, Anthony is already an elder. Feels like his adulthood went by in a blink of an eye(or maybe it's because I binge-read).

I'd be curious to see if you can get Sam his 20 lovers before the challenge ends, but regardless, awesome progress thus far! Practically at the home stretch.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”