Maximum Five (TS2 Beta Version)

Brilliance

Post Counts

Maximum Five (TS2 Beta Version)

Post by Brilliance »

Hi I think some of you might like to try this. It has not been tested yet so its a beta version. If you see any troubles or have any questions just say so. I don't play TS3. I am happy to hear all that you want to say. Now for the challenge. I have not seen something like it before. Help was given for this TS2 version by Seera.

Maximum Five

Set Up:
  • Create 1 Sim anyway you like. This will be your founder and Generation 1.
  • Place them in any lot in any world
  • 5 generations long
  • 5 children each generation (You can have more but they will not count points)
Toddler:
Toddler skills learned. There are several ways you can do this. You can choose which way to gain points each generation.
  1. All five toddlers during a generation must have 1 skill learned (Walk, Talk or Potty). +25 points
  2. One of the toddlers in each generation must have all of their skills learned. (Walk, Talk & Potty) +25
  3. All five of the countable toddlers during a generation must learn all of their skills. (Walk, Talk & Potty) +25 per toddler
Child:
5 child skills
  1. Each of the five children during a generation must reach level five of one of their skills and get at least a B in school. +25
  2. One of the five children in a generation must reach level one for five skills and get at least a A in school. +25
  3. All five children in a generation must reach level five of five skills and get an A in school. +25 per child

Teen:
5 aspiration goals
  1. One of the five teens during a generation must max a skill. +10
  2. All five of the teens during a generation must max a skill. +50
  3. All five of the teens during a generation must reach level 5 in 5 skills before turning YA. (different skills than they learned as children) +125 per teen

Founder & Heirs:
  • Reach Level 5 in your job/career/freelance or income skill (painting, busking, writing) of your choice. +25
  • Have the 5 required children (born or adopted) +25
  • Have five friends outside of the household. +5
  • Become a friend with all 5 of your children +10 per friend
  • Or for maximum points become a best friend with 5 of your children. +25 per best friend
Extra points: You may choose only 1 to complete each generation. What goals do not work for TS2? Do you have ideas?
  1. Write 15 books +50
  2. Paint 15 paintings worth more than §500 +50
  3. Birth or adopt an extra 5 children (10 total for a generation, only five children per generation can count for main challenge points.) +50
  4. Live on a total of 5 lots during the duration of the challenge. (You can even have one generation move around five times if you wanted to just so long as your family has lived on five lots before the fifth generation is YA. You must build a house on each lot you live on. You can't just rapid-hop without putting some effort into making each place a home) +50
  5. Have and display five items from a collection. You don't need to complete a collections. Just have and display a minimum of five items in a collection to count the points) +50
Challenge ends when Fifth generation turns YA/Adult or you decide to choose one of the extra points to complete with them. Then it ends after the fifth generation's Extra point goal is complete.
Last edited by Brilliance on March 1st, 2021, 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Stay in good health and be brilliant always. - Brilliance (Bri)
Night's Babies
My Olympic Notes
Bri's 2021 Writing Prompt Challenge
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Maximum Five (TS2 Beta Version)

Post by Seera »

Challenge sounds fun!

Feedback for Sims 2:

Set Up:

Sims 2 doesn't have adjustable lifespans so no need to mention "Normal lifespan"

Toddler:

Sims 2 has Walk, Talk, Potty for the standard skills and those with FreeTime have Nursery Rhyme. Do those with FreeTime have to count that? Most Sims 2 challenges will spell that out since it's not a standard toddler skill that affects whether the toddler will get the grow up well memory when they age to child.

Child:

Sims 2 does not differentiate between child and adult skills. There are also some skills that children can't learn. I don't know if it's possible for a child to max out 5 skills before they hit teen.

Teen:

5 aspiration goals will not work

Sims 2 aspirations do not have goals. And many of them are top adult career or not designed to be done as a teenager. Also, Sims 2 does not let players choose their lifetime want so players may end up with the aspiration of Golden Annivesary and not be able to complete the aspiration until they are an elder.

Could have players collect scholarships for Uni, though it would mean players would need University. Though skills = scholarships so that would be an issue unless you limited the number of skill scholarships they could earn and have it count (probably 2 at the least, and 3 at the most for some variety).

Founder/Heirs:

5 friends outside the household for the additional one
Sims 2 doesn't have good friends, but there is Best Friends.

Extra points:

1. Sims 2 doesn't differentiate writing quality
2. Not sure how easy it is to paint a masterpiece in Sims 2 - anything over $500 is considered a masterpiece
3. Sims 2 doesn't have that many collections.

End: Sims 2 you'll need to clarify YA or Adult or either as Sims 2 teens either go to Uni and become a YA or age up to Adult. YA is not a mandatory age for Sims 2.
Brilliance

Post Counts

Re: Maximum Five (TS2 Beta Version)

Post by Brilliance »

@Seera Thank you! :goodvibes: I have adjusted the rules according to your insightful suggestions. Please let me know what you think.
Stay in good health and be brilliant always. - Brilliance (Bri)
Night's Babies
My Olympic Notes
Bri's 2021 Writing Prompt Challenge

Return to “Sims 2 Rulesets”