MySims Legacy Challenge - Finally a new update

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

MySims Legacy Challenge - Finally a new update

Post by Designergirl81 »

I needed a break from my Not So Berry With a Twist Challenge and didn't feel like going back to any of my other save files. I was looking on some forums for a new challenge to try and came across "The MySims Legacy Challenge" by Alexis Francis. You can read all about the challenge on the Sims Forum page. Basically, it is a legacy challenge with each generation based on one of the 20 MySims Trophies (those figures found in the time capsule) you can collect in the game. Since the trophies in the game as based on characters in the MySim franchise (MySim Wii, MySim Kingdom, etc) Alexis also created some "optional" additional generations based on some of the other characters from that franchise. In total, her challenge has 25 generations.

Since each generation has set traits, goals, and aspirations I wanted to add some randomness to my game that is not part of the original challenge. Therefore, I am going to incorporate the following:
  • Dice role - At the start of each generation, I am going to roll a dice to determine the number of pregnancies (1-6) the heir must have during their generation. I choose to do the number of pregnancies rather than the number of babies to account for the possibility of twins or triplets if one is rolled.
  • Wheel Spin - I have seen some simmers on youtube do challenges where they spin a wheel to decide the outcome of the game and I thought it looked fun. Therefore, each chapter (or whenever a major life event is about to happen) I will spin a wheel(s) to help me decide the outcome.
MySims Legacy Challenge Overview to read all the official rules and see more of how I plan to play the challenge.

Generation One - Celebrity Chef Generation Two - Dancing DJ Generation Three - An Academic Author Generation 4 - A Friend of the Animals
Last edited by Designergirl81 on December 10th, 2023, 10:48 am, edited 37 times in total.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Chapter One & Two Now Available

Post by Designergirl81 »

I just finished typing up Chapters One and Two of my new MySim Legacy Challenge. Hope you enjoy. Chapter 2 and 3 should be available soon.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 3/4/21

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
oh no i wanted to see the baby. Loving the way you chose to tell the story. I am fully intrigued.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 3/4/21

Post by Designergirl81 »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
oh no i wanted to see the baby. Loving the way you chose to tell the story. I am fully intrigued.
Glad you are enjoying the story. The reason the chapter ended with no baby was my game crashed. I ended up having to replay several sim hours and didn’t want to wait to post that chapter.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 3/8/22

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
sorry about your crash but loving the children and storyline. I thought for a minute Lorenzo might have been the one cheating. To go with odd destiny.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 3/8/22

Post by Designergirl81 »

peachy123uk wrote: March 9th, 2022, 12:53 am
Spoiler:
sorry about your crash but loving the children and storyline. I thought for a minute Lorenzo might have been the one cheating. To go with odd destiny.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I have had a few things come up recently and haven't been online much. Something will happen related to the romance guru's destiny prediction in an upcoming chapter. Stay tuned.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Major Update Coming Soon/Story Suggestions Welcome

Post by Designergirl81 »

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I adopted a Beagle puppy (see photo below) at beginning of April and I haven't had as much time to play or write up the chapters until recently. A MAJOR update to this story will be coming shortly.

As you may recall, I am spinning a wheel to help me decide different parts of the story such as the number of kids, where to live, if they should get a pet or not, should someone cheat, etc. However, I am starting to struggle with ideas for wheel spins and would love suggestions for things you would like to see. I may not be able to incorporate everything into Gen One as I am getting close to wrapping it up but will for sure use your ideas for Gen 2 and future generations. I like to play with mods as they make the game more interesting. Wheel spin ideas can be things that are part of the game or things that come with mods (i.e., teen pregnancy, surrogacy, foster care, custom careers, runaway teens, things from mods I haven't tried before, etc). I am open to any suggestions.

Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Major Update

Post by Designergirl81 »

As promised here is a MAJOR update to this challenge/story with 10 new chapters.

Generation One: Chapter 09 - NEW
Generation One: Chapter 10 - NEW
Generation One: Chapter 11 - NEW
Generation One: Chapter 12 - NEW
Generation One: Chapter 13 - NEW
Generation One: Chapter 14 - NEW
Generation One: Chapter 15 - NEW
Generation One: Chapter 16 - NEW
Generation One: Chapter 17 - NEW
Generation One: Chapter 18 - NEW

As you may recall, I am spinning a wheel to help me decide different parts of the story such as the number of kids, where to live, if they should get a pet or not, should someone cheat, etc. However, I am starting to struggle with ideas for wheel spins and would love suggestions for things you would like to see. I may not be able to incorporate everything into Gen One as I am getting close to wrapping it up but will for sure use your ideas for Gen 2 and future generations. I like to play with mods as they make the game more interesting. Wheel spin ideas can be things that are part of the game or things that come with mods (i.e., teen pregnancy, surrogacy, foster care, custom careers, addictions, things from mods I haven't tried before, etc). I am open to any suggestions.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 6/10/22

Post by Designergirl81 »

Another new chapter!

Generation One: Chapter 19 - NEW

Only one more to go and Generation One will be complete!
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Conclusion of Gen 1 and start of Gen 2

Post by Designergirl81 »

Sorry it has been over a month since I updated this story. I was on vacation for a week in June, came back and two days later got sick. Fortunately it wasn't COVID but I have been battling Bronchitis for over 4 weeks. It gave me a lot of time to play the sims so here are a few more chapters. I actually have more of Gen Two written but didn't want to post so many chapters at once. I plan to post a couple chapters each day unless anyone would prefer I post them all at once. Hope you enjoy and comments/feedback is always appreciated.

Generation One: Chapter 20 - NEW

Generation Two
Generation Two: Ada Alimento - NEW
Generation Two: Chapter 01 - NEW
Generation Two: Chapter 02 - NEW
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 7/27/22

Post by Designergirl81 »

Three more chapters for Gen 2. I did something a little different with these chapters, so hope you enjoy.

Generation Two: Chapter 06 - NEW
Generation Two: Chapter 07 - NEW
Generation Two: Chapter 08 - NEW
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Loyalty »

♥ You are doing great
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Loyalty wrote: July 27th, 2022, 8:54 am ♥ You are doing great
Thank you! Glad you are enjoying the story!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I LOVE a MySims challenge! I started my own recently (part a larger neighborhood of challenges).
Spoiler:
1.1: Love the founder, and I like the extra goals you added, those are good extra goals! I sometimes wish I had started my sims out in uni, but decided to not do that route. I love the class names. Aww, I like Lorzeno with Aria. Very cute. Oh that really stinks about the game glitch! No fun at all.
I'll have to be back to check out more. Really liking it so far!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, I had to cut reading shorter than I wanted this morning so I'm back for a bit more.
Spoiler:
1.2: Oh boy, major drama with a pregnancy. Woohoo, congrats on the straight A's! Also things are going well wtih Lorenzo it seems like.

1.3: At least for the final semester you don't have any presentations! Ooop, a little nooboo on the way! Oh dear, Lorenzo....I hope he gets on board. Oh whew, normal worries. :) Well that was a fun surprise! The wheel is really fun.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
oh a surprise pregnancy wow and twins, and then got a husband too. Now a new place to live. I am sure the place will look great when it is all done up.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I have so far to go to catch up! lol But I'm back for at least a few more chapters
Spoiler:
Chapter 4: Awww, Lorenzo seems like a good guy still. I hope they can stay together! So bummed for you on that first-semester glitch, but great job with the grades! YAY for a good roll on the wheel! I'm happy he's staying and accepting the pregnancy.

Chapter 5: Yay for Anise being here, and a fun name to give a baby girl of a chef. :) That nursery is ADORABLE! I haven't lived in Tartosa yet, but it is a beautiful world from what I'm seeing so far! The rolls are fun! (or spins I guess)

Chapter 6: Anise is SO CUTE as a toddler!! That is quite the dinner party! Looks like lots of fun. YAY for graduations, promotions, and a new baby. It's fun you got the spin to have a new baby instead of a pet. That's a really fun idea.
All right, that's it for me for the moment, but I'll be back for more soon I'm sure!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”