The Paraverse - Rotation 16.2 [Apr 14/24]

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 9.4 [June 14/23]

Post by ciyrose »

YAY for Para's!!
Spoiler:
9.4: Aww, sad start. :( Your tables always look so nice. I should "try" more with my family/friends' dinners. lol Some families are just chaos though so I'm just glad they eat. Aww a little sunny, gassy baby. lol Did you pick out the quirks, or did the game really give her so many perfect ones? The evil chickens really do look very evil with their glowing red eyes. lol Leo is probably thinking, good job bees. lol Don't ruin your husbands garden Scott! Ugh, that yawn in Leo's arms from Waverly, SO CUTE!!! She's cute as a button!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Waverly is so cute! The family dinner :heart: Scott and Waverly both being gassy :lol: Waverly sitting up for the first time & encountering a rabbit was so sweet, as is dipping her little feet in the pond! I can't help but think of void chickens when I see the midnight ones :lol: Waverly snoozing in the baby carrier at the fair :heart: The bees getting Scott during his rampage! I didn't know that could happen.
They had such a sweet little season :heart:
I spent most of it looking like the heart-eyes emoji :lol:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Cindy:
Spoiler:
It was literally the first thing that happened when I loaded the lot, talk about a sad start indeed! My main trick is just to set the tables for big dinners, and drag the serving dish there, so that they're more likely to have a seat at the table than the counter. The traits are a mix: I've been picking all the main quirks for the infants, and Isla kept all her originals. For the rest, I've been mixing it up by picking a few, as a lot of them have been getting similar quirks - mine all really seem to favour being self-soothers! I think Waverly's gassy trait was assigned by the game, though, which was just too perfect. If he's not digging up the gardening then he's marking his territory in it! Leo is fore sure secretly grateful that the bees interfered. :lol: Waverly melts my heart any time she does anything, I already love her so much. :heart:
Sam:
Spoiler:
We're only two babies in and she's already a front-runner for favourite in my heart! :heart: I am so pleased by how much of a mini-Scott she is turning out to be, it delights me to no end. The rabbit came by at just the right time! I too think of void chickens, I just wish feeding them the treat that gives blue eggs would also turn them blue... The baby carrier is my new favourite item in the game, prepare to see a lot of it. :lol: I also did not know the bees could attack rampaging wolves, and I'm sorry to say I had a good cackle at poor Scott when I discovered they could.

Thank you! This current rotation I'm playing for them is an absolute cuteness overload, it's just melting my heart playing it, and I can not wait to share it!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 10.1 [June 24/23]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 10.1 (Collins) has been posted in full, and can be read here. :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Isla is so cute! I only just found out they could use furniture to pull themselves up in autumn 4! I loved the shot of her taking a nap with Turtle - and Miko making the most of the peace and quiet! The trip to the pumpkin patch absolutely melted my heart, and how cute that she sucks her thumb!!The duck costume is a spooky day favourite for an infant in my game too :lol: it's so great. I swear I say this every rotation, but I love their apartment. It's just so perfectly decorated for Andy & Miko. I didn't know you could take the infants out to restaurants?! I love the makeovers you gave Summer, Liberty & Travis too. Isla blowing a little kiss! :heart: such a sweetheart
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I am taking a short break away from my desk for a sec, so thought I'd come catch up!
Spoiler:
10.1: Isla really is so cute, and I love the nursery. Poor Andy, I would have done the same thing girl! I really love your pumpkin patch, it's just so cute! The apartment looks so cute decorated. I am terrible at remembering to decorate inside the house. lol Awww poor Miko, too many cookies! Oh, now THAT is a fun museum! Way better than what is usually in a museum! Aww, the lunch outing is too cute. Did you setup high chairs in restaurants, or just specifically for this? OMG, they can learn to blow kisses? Adorable!
Such a cute update, not that I expect anything less!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Sam:
Spoiler:
Oh really? I've been having to make sure all my infants have nursery furniture they to pull themselves up on, because the milestone doesn't seem to unlock for me unless they do... I was more surprised to learn they could pull themselves up in the crib! I adore that infants can sleep next to pets, I've heard it also satisfies infants with the snuggly sleeper quirk? Have yet to have a snuggly sleeper to try it out on, though! Their halloween night in and trip to the pumpkin patch was definitely the highlight of their rotation for me, my heart was melting as I was playing it! Their apartment is by far my favourite to go in and decorate any time we get something new in build/buy. A small confession, the game doesn't technically let you from the travel with household screen, but if you send a sim to a restaurant lot you can send their infant with them from the portrait bar menu. ;) Thank you!
Cindy:
Spoiler:
I had her nursery all set to go before infants were announced, and I was super glad the new pack had some good complimentary decor to go with what I'd already picked out! I was extremely annoyed when she got docked for demanding an interview for a candidate that wasn't even qualified! She did the right thing then!!! >.< That's interesting you forget, because the first thing I do whenever we get literally anything new in build/buy is go around to all my sims houses and see if any of the new stuff looks good in their house! The museum may or may not have been built as an easy way for my regular sims to access the scientist career items... and yes I totally went in and placed that high chair just for Isla before taking them out to lunch, good catch. :lol: As I said to Sam, infants can't technically accompany sims to restaurants, but the workaround to get them there is super easy.

Thank you! :heartbeat:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 10.2 [July 3/23]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 10.2 (Winchester) has now been posted in full and can be read here. :)
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oooh, a new update!
Spoiler:
10.2: I'm so excited to see Alec and Jeff's new house! Or maybe, resee it, see within your update. Oh no, aliens have come for Jeff. lol Awww, good Casper! Wow, that must have been quite the job if Alec ran home. Hehe, the twins are on the way! Awww, what a sweet comment you got! Well of course Alec is supportive and ready. He's the best! YAY for the twins!! Awww, I LOVE that Jeff got family oriented, that is so sweet! I also love that Alec also got to have the Active trait. I love the extended family, and I know I say that a lot, but I just really love them. Oh my I also love how Kass and Jeff got supportive dynamic. So sweet. What an absolutely sweet update! I love these two (or now 4).

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:wave:
Spoiler:
It definitely feels like time is passing, with the guys moving from their first home to a bigger one! Of course Jeff was going to meet the aliens in this AU! I love how you wrote his alien pregnancy - just ignoring it, pretending it isn't happening :lol: Bless him. I love the names you picked for the twins! Family Orientated is a good fit for Jeff :) Casper and the "what are this" ! :lol: too perfect. The dinner with James and Kass was nice too, love that they've both got new partners - it really does feel like your families are part of a bigger world :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 10.3 [July 10/23]

Post by Heather »

Cindy:
Spoiler:
Probably got a better look at it here than on the discord! I thought it was so sweet that he waited outside for Jeff to come back. <3 Yeah it was one of the highest difficulty ones, and I thought he'd be able to handle it just fine with level 5 medium skill, but apparently not this time! It was super sweet! I like to think Alec is perhaps a little jealous he didn't get to meet aliens, but is supportive all the same. It was so fitting when he got it! Not my original plan, I was hoping for dog-lover or loyal, but I couldn't pass up Jeff deciding he was a family man! Alec getting the active trait as well really made it feel like dating/marrying Jeff had a real impact on his life, I love this new trait mechanic. And Kass and Jeff earning supportive on their own was the icing on top!
Sam:
Spoiler:
I'm really enjoying how much more time feels like it is progressing this time around! Of course, it was planned to happen the moment I started the save. ;) He was actually going to be abducted back in the old Parasaverse save as well, I just never got to playing that far... With the pregnancy moodlets all giving off that same vibe I simply had to. :lol: I was super pleased when I realized one of the original names I passed up on (Paul for Pollux) would work as a nickname for Apollo, meant I could still give them a twin naming scheme with a cosmic tie! Jeff realizing he is a family man was not really my original plan when I was thinking about what traits I might want him to gain, but when the game threw me that one I knew I had to take it, it was actually perfect. I did some little mini rotations with the extended families while I waited for the infant update, and I had such fun having Kass and James meet some partners that I could not resist including them, so glad you enjoyed seeing that little snippet. :)
Rotation 10.3 (DiCarlo) has now been posted in full, and can be read here. :) Also pre-ordered Horse Ranch, expect some horsing around in rotation 13! ;)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
I mentioned it on the post itself, but of course Caleb is thrilled by the baby news :lol: my Caleb is the exact same when it comes to the family! Also, love that he works at the hospital in your save - I had him in that career in my Culepper Remix save! It's terrible but I love how Carlotta looked annoyed for most of this update :lol: the face mask rash amused me, too. She's really not having a good time! Sebastian :heart: I love that name. And he's so cute! Lilith slipping out before drinking the cupid juice! Maybe next season, Carlotta :lol: Loved the sweet moment with Caleb & Sebastian at the end :heart:
Also, I'm looking forward to seeing how you work horses into your gameplay!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Woo, horsing around in round 13 will be fun. But until then I look forward to seeing what happens to these families.
Spoiler:
10.3: HAHA, of course, Carlotta would feel it is bad news and Caleb wouldn't. It makes a lot of sense for a good vampire to find work at a hospital. LOL, that face at dinner is just priceless. I loved it before and still do now. HAHA, Caleb is just sad she's mad. LOL, what a bad spa day for Carlotta! I like the name Sebastian, it's a good one I think. LOL, Lilith's pull is strong. Caleb is just so sweet, and Sebastian is a cute infant!
Can't wait to see what all comes from the next rotation with these two.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Sam: I had some loose plans in mind when I started seeing all the horse items they were slipping into the game, so looking forward to actually being able to go with them!
Spoiler:
Of course he would! I love seeing him be such a family man across three different saves - my first, yours, and now this one! Thought him being a doctor might suit his good vampire nature, and I liked the idea of it possibly being his supply of plasma as far as the story goes. It was honestly hilarious playing these two, because every time Caleb was in a good mood, I'd switch over to Carlotta and she'd be in a terrible mood herself. It's become a favourite of mine since playing Stardew! I'm excited for when he finally hits his teen years, because he's got a really good mix of his parents genes. ;) It was a hasty exit that also caught me off guard, but I loved that it meant Carlotta would have to try again!
Cindy:
Spoiler:
He was extremely on board, I love that immediately after I had her tell him he asked to move in. That is what I thought! Suits him well, and I enjoy playing that career, so it's nice to be able to follow him to work sometimes and leave Carlotta to her own devices. Honestly, it's my favourite picture of her, it really sums her up. :P I think it seems like a name they'd both pick/agree on, even if Carlotta's not son into the idea of a baby! Caleb really is a sweetheart, he's a fun addition to the household. I think his face as an infant is uniquely adorable. <3
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 10.4 [July 17/23]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 10.4 (Galloway) has finished posting, and can now be read here. :) Since I've now reached the end of 10 rotations ( :party: ), I'll be posting a recap for each of the households, to make catching up a little less daunting for any potential new readers.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Congrats on the 10 rotations, Heather!! :party:
Spoiler:
Waverly in the carrier for their Granite Falls adventure :heart: and omigosh story time under the stars! That shot with Leo and the bird! The hermit's long, red hair immediately made me think of Elliot from Stardew. Waverly is the cutest little one! So many of the shots from this update were absolutely gorgeous :heart:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Woo, the end of 10 rounds!!! Good job. :applause: :thup:
Spoiler:
10.4: Aww this family vacation is so cute! That face Waverly has while on Scott's back, so cute. I like your hermit, was he generated or did you actually update him in some way? The whole trip seemed lovely. I just love these two, and Waverly!! I love Waverly's room, it's so adorable. This whole family is just so precious.
Loved the recaps!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Thank you guys! :bounce:

Sam:
Spoiler:
I spent most of their vacation internally squealing over her watching Scott from the back carrier, in her little bear onesie. Their little story time under the stars was actually a pain to set up; getting both of them to sitting on the blanket for it was a battle! It's a good Elliott hair! I've actually made the Stardew Bachelors in another save, and I've found the sideparted hair from DHD is the perfect Elliott hair. Thank you! Granite Falls really lends itself to some nice landscape pictures.
Cindy:
Spoiler:
Hermit is a sim of my own that I dressed up for the part! I MCCC pasted him onto the sim the game generated. :) The bunny wallpaper from Cottage Living is perfect for nurseries, though I think my favourite nursery of all the kids was Isla's. Waverly's definitely top contender for favourite kid though!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I've added the recap to the index, and though it's been up on my blog for quite some time, I have just noticed I neglected to include Scott and Leo's actual wedding in their write up... :shifty: So that has been rectified! ;)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 11.1 [August 1/23]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 11.1 (Collins) has been posted, and can be read here. :)

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”