New here! Hello!

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
Jandelion
Great Britain

New here! Hello!

Post by Jandelion »

Hi y'all!

My name's Jan (either pronunciation), I'm in my 20s and my pronouns are it/its (or he/him as a backup if you really truly can't use it/its for me for some reason...) I'm a university student with ADHD and a frankly embarrasing number of hours sunk into sims games over my lifetime, although I think it's still fewer than the number of hours my Mum has in stardew valley.

I haven't poked around much yet so I'm still not quite sure what to expect here, but I found this forum while looking for the not so berry rules and I got the impression this is a place to share and read stories of sims playthroughs, which sounds wonderful! I got back into the sims 4 very recently (like, this week) because I found that they'd added the ability to customise pronouns for your sims which as an enby person makes me just so utterly happy you have no idea. With some messing around it seems the feature doesn't work perfectly but honestly nothing does in ts4 so I should have expected that really xD

I do have a question for anyone who sees this- what happened to the rules page for this forum? The links there don't seem to work and I would like to make sure I know what's expected, seems pretty important!
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: New here! Hello!

Post by Cororon »

Hello, and Welcome to Boolprop! :wave: :lemonade: :oreo: :donut: :cookie:

The link to the forum rules are at the top of the page :) Or here: app.php/rules They are pretty standard and should be easy to follow.

And "I feel ya!" Sims can be so immersive that it feels more than a game, and there are so many ways of playing it with all the options and personalities of the simmers themselves. :smiley:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Well hello, Jan and welcome to boolprop! This is indeed a great place to share stories of sims and we have a bunch. I completely understand the amount of hours spent in sims game, I am the same way. You are actually joining it at a fun time since we are having our SimNaNo at the moment (links to that on the main page for more information) so there are quite a few of updating a lot. I hope you enjoy digging into all the stories and sharing your own!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hello Jan, and welcome! :wave: You won't be alone with an embarrassing number of hours sunk into sims games here. :lol: All the sims games have some players here, and a lot of us post stories/challenges/playthroughs/picspams too. Plus we have some fun events too, like the currently ongoing SimNano. Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your stay! :smoothie: :cookie: :donut: :pie:
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by SirianaSims »

Hello Jan, and welcome! This is a great forum if you ever want to share stories, and if you want to read other people's stories, we're especially busy this month as the SimNaNoWriMo means that a lot of stories are getting lots of updates :)
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Welcome Boolprop, have good look around, there is lots to do and read. We all play A LOT of sims here, either for challenges, or just for pics but everybody is welcome.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

hi there Jan! welcome to the boolprop family!

The sims are a big part of my life too and you chose a great time of the year to join boolprop! I think you will like it a lot here, everyone is very nice and welcoming! I hope to see you around! :)
Jandelion
Great Britain

Post by Jandelion »

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and your stories!!

And thank you for a rules link that works! If I can find the specific links I was trying before that were broken I'll let someone know in the. um. whatever the equivalent of the bugs and typos thread is here
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Jandelion wrote: July 10th, 2022, 10:31 pm And thank you for a rules link that works! If I can find the specific links I was trying before that were broken I'll let someone know in the. um. whatever the equivalent of the bugs and typos thread is here
The forum was upgraded recently and the rules post was moved, but the link in the welcome message wasn't updated. Thanks for letting me know, and it was easy to guess where you saw the link. :) I've fixed it.

Return to “Introductions”