Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated FEb 22/23)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated FEb 22/23)

Post by AmandaPlayzSims »

I started this game a while back and didn't want to post it as it's my first attempt at story driven gameplay. I've played rotational before and I enjoy playing this way.

In this game I started with 9 families in 9 different worlds. Many families may already have a story plot started others are still a work in progress but each is a unique tale of characters.

The characters are created by lilsimsie as I am using her save file for this rotational as I wanted different NPCs walking around than normal. There are many more families in this save that I choose not to use but doesn't mean they won't be part of the story somehow.

Hope you enjoy this rotational story/game (maybe one day I'll come up with a catchier title.. lol)

Intro

Rotation 1: The Beginnings Rotation 2: What's Next
2.1 - The Jensen's
2.2 - The Rosales
2.3 - The Greene-Howells
2.4 - The Rivers-Edwards
2.5 - The Dowie's
2.6 - Future Vets- New
Last edited by AmandaPlayzSims on February 22nd, 2024, 10:06 am, edited 10 times in total.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game

Post by Sam »

:wave:
Spoiler:
Rotational gameplay is my favourite way to play :heart: I think you're really brave starting with 9 households and such a large population already! I'm at 12 households now, but with generation 3 now beginning to grow into YAs I don't think it'll be 12 for much longer :lol:

Jensen: Jenna Jensen is such a cute name :heart: and a cute infant to match! They seem like a sweet family so far. I loved the line about Xander missing the birth because of traffic, great way to explain away his absense :)

Rosale: As if Isa is working as a babysitter when she hates kids :lol: amazing. Must be tough for Ana, bless her. It'll be interesting to see if anything happens with Isa and Wolfgang!

Greene-Howell: I love Elizabeth's aesthetic, and that it matches her surname! Elizabeth cradling Krista in her mascot costume :lol: Jayden's photos with Karmine are very cute.

Rivers-Edwards: Marty & Edna have some interesting traits! And Sage is very sweet. Love the name scheme for these kids :heart: Gosh, Marty & his risky affair. I wonder if that'll blow up in his face next rotation :lol: side note, I love that you get them together with the other playable households for their hobby clubs :)

Dowie: Helena seems like a neat character! Oh gosh the drama with Caleb and Summer - I can't believe Helena just killed off Summer! And a pregnancy with Caleb, just to top things off. Caleb has always been an excellent father when I've played him, at least :lol: not that Helena will care, I suppose!

Future Vets: I love that they have a dog named Kangaroo :lol: They had a very sweet rotation, it was nice to get an insight into how you're working holidays into your gameplay, too!

Duplex House: Both girls seem very career driven, and it's good to see them making progress with that, as well as taking time out for their friendship.

Lava Man: I adore Baby Shark! :heart: so cute! Mana is certainly a busy man :lol:
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Thanks for reading! I was so nervous to post it on here.. I have a plan for many of the rotations that some may end sooner than others and some I will keep for multiple generations. I purposely don't have it all figured out, I want the characters and stories to change as it progresses.

I like to get into a lot of families right away as I have a hard time keeping a group small and picking only a few story plots. I like having families that I play for generations and others I only play until I run through the story/stories I see for them. It also gives me characters to marry into other story plots.. :)

For the clubs and holidays, I learned this for another simmer (PleasantSims) who talks about rotational on youtube and her website. I like the fact of doing clubs as hobbies outside normal work related tasks. I try to add a few NPC to each club too but depends on what hobby it is and how many of my played sims are doing that hobby. Also the holidays were her idea, as I am not a huge fan of holidays in Sims 4, too many and too often for my likings. I want to enjoy them but not when you have one a week, and many of the holiday parts I don't really care to do. So combining them was a great option..

Spoiler:
Rosales - They don't have a full story yet but I thought it was pretty funny to make her babysit. That would be a horrible for her and the kids! I haven't considered the wolfgang situation as it happened by accident. Nothing was planned there.

Rivers-Edwards - The story there has a number of possible outcomes that I've thought about but I don't have an ultimate decision on this outcome. But it will be interesting to see how living next to Bheeda's will change the affair, as they visit and see each other regularly. That's the only reason Arun caught them flirting.. He came home from work :grin: not the plan.. I was thinking of waiting until rotation 2 for that kind of drama.

Dowie - I have big plans for Helena! She is not a typical character for me, which is why i enjoyed playing her. She has a few more plot twists in the works but the Summer situation didn't start out as a killing. I planned on breaking them up, but I didn't know what life drain really did so I tried it. I don't usually play a bad vampires so I've never used those kinds of skills. It worked out great as it lead me to a fabulous story I hadn't thought of until then. Really I just planned to build up her vampire skills and spar with the other vampires. The rest was inspired by the way the characters were behaving and the fact that Caleb got married through MC Command.

Lava Man - He's another character outside my normal sims play. Which makes his plot of a lady's man fun to play. So much still to do in his story, it's more planned out than most.

The rest are works in progress and I've thought that some of the families like Jensen's and Greene-Howell are more about their kids than maybe the current family. I just don't know.
Thanks for taking the time to comment on this game, it was great to hear your comments. I look forward to seeing how the plots will turn out in future rotations too as I have only a few plans, the rest are still one step at a time which makes it even more fun.

I have the next family played but not written yet, so look forward to the last of the 9 families in the week(s) to come. Thanks again for reading!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I'm glad you decided to post :heart: quite a few of us play rotations here!
There's a thread on rotational tips we've shared here, it's interesting to see the similarities & differences in our play styles!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Well, when I saw you had posted I had to come read!
Spoiler:
I highly enjoy my rotational hood so I'm excited to see how your 9 families go. I totally get liking a variety since my rotational hood is made up of 10 families. :D

Jensen's: The family is so sweet, and yay for a little girl! Jenna is adorable as an infant! The club day is a fun idea! Congrats on the 4 scout badges in a week! Good job!

Rosales: Poor Ana with a sister that hates children. When she grows up a bit they should have better luck hopefully. I love the soap in the fountain, what fun. I love having a bowling league. Good idea to do clubs for the "hobbies." It's a really fun way to do hobbies, I might "steal" that. :)

Greene-Howells: Wow, 88 simoleons for a tooth, that's good cash. Kirsta is so cute! I love these little redheaded infants. Yay for sitting up already. The families you've got so far seem really nice.

Rivers-Edwards: Oooh, kind of a fun idea of this couple being criminals and hiding it, instead of it just being a "normal" career. Oh yay, Ana got a friend! I always feel bad doing mean things, but it can be fun sometimes. Aww Pine Rivers, what a cute name! What a cutie he is!
All right 1/2 way through, but I'll be back to read the rest soon!! Fun updates so far!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Thanks for reading! I am really enjoying the story mode to this one as its gameplay and story combined.

I am considering a challenge like yours and Mojo's in the future, but I am figuring out how to write stories and sharing them to start that one yet. I want to get through a few generations/rotations of other challenges first. I am still working my way through Otts family right now and your rotational is on my future reading list. So many wonderful stories on here :)

The hobbies idea was not mine, so please to use it if it works for your games too. PleasantSims recommendations when playing rotational to incorporate hobbies into a club and I made a choice to make sure everyone is in at least one hobby, and hangs with the group once a week at least. I've enjoyed using hobby clubs in the past to connect like minded sims in the game. It gives me a reason to bring the families together and sometimes might lead to marriages between different families or NPCs with similar interests or traits. Which can be fun and brings more drama sometimes.
Spoiler:
The first 3 families I was still getting my feet wet and their stories have a ways to go (as I don't have these stories hashed out yet). By time I got to Rivers-Edwards I had a little plot in mind with the criminals but the cheating happened on its own so I ran with it. I hope the same will happen with the first 3 in rotation 2.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

AmandaPlayzSims wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 8:30 pm I am considering a challenge like yours and Mojo's in the future, but I am figuring out how to write stories and sharing them to start that one yet. I want to get through a few generations/rotations of other challenges first. I am still working my way through Otts family right now and your rotational is on my future reading list. So many wonderful stories on here :)

The hobbies idea was not mine, so please to use it if it works for your games too. PleasantSims recommendations when playing rotational to incorporate hobbies into a club and I made a choice to make sure everyone is in at least one hobby, and hangs with the group once a week at least. I've enjoyed using hobby clubs in the past to connect like minded sims in the game. It gives me a reason to bring the families together and sometimes might lead to marriages between different families or NPCs with similar interests or traits. Which can be fun and brings more drama sometimes.
Ooof, careful following Mojo or I down the path of crazy challenge people. lol I "blame" mojo for a good portion of my challenges. :hmm: :rotfl: However, I'm always more than willing to welcome a new person to the insanity. I do understand about wanting to figure out sharing, it can be challenging. Well, you probably have plenty of time to catch up on the Otts, I have slowed significantly on my updates again (darn Zelda) and just the fact I have so many challenges/families now. Still, I love the challenge. The hobby thing is a good idea for sure, I have some stuff like that, but it's not a common tactic for me, but it is a good idea. Also, you are right there are a TON of really good stories around here, and I have a list forever long it feels like of things to read or keep up on. :O :applause:

Speaking of, time to finish catching up on yours.
Spoiler:
1.5: Oooo, intrigue already with a vampiress, love it! Really enjoy she's "sweet" looking normally, and then bam, dark vampiress. She'll be fun to follow. I have a feeling Helena might be a "problem" later on if she's getting so much stronger this fast. Oh dear, poor Summer. Oooh, yeah, Helena is going to be bad for the neighborhood I think. hehe.

1.6: Oh boy, a hairy dog. lol Poor Marty, immediately sick and with a cone of shame. That seems like a good way to handle holidays. I also do seasons for 4 weeks each, but I play each family 2 weeks (so they get the chance to visit all festivals) and so I have holidays "repeated" each 2 weeks. So the 2 families that get winter (for instance) get Winterfest Eve/Winterfest, but then I only have those 2 families that have that for the entire round, so it feels more fun and like there is a break, but each family gets to experience the holidays. A fun holiday! I have made up a lot of my own too, one for each season (although a couple have a couple, like Winterfest Eve/Winterfest, but its mostly just still one celebration over 2 days.) A simple but cute update!

1.7: These two are fun, love their colorfulness. I love the actress career, looking forward to seeing Vanessa go through it! I haven't dug much into the style influencer career, but it looks like it could be fun! A nice little update for the girls who are all about their careers and making strides!

1.8: All right, hello Mana Ka’ana’ana. He's quite the sim! BAHHAHAH!!! Shark, I love it. Well, that was quite the first day for Mana! Oh dear, drama for the ladies' man, it was bound to happen at some point. :wink: Well well, someone who withstands, although I'm not sure I am shocked. A fun update, will be cool to see how all this plays out!
A fun set of updates! I look forward to more.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated June 7/23)

Chapter 1.9 is available

@ciyrose - my daughter has enjoyed learning about the insanity challenge too, though she is not ready to try it herself. She has to learn to get through generation 2 before she can do that. She usually loses interest in the game after her favorite/created sim dies or even earlier. lol She decided to try a 4 rotational challenge as that is huge for her. :) I made it into Calvin's generation of the Otts family while catching up on Mojo's Insanity challenges but I am also interested in yours as many of the challenges are different.
Thanks again for reading and sharing your thoughts. I'm glad others are enjoying the stories, as I'm never sure how it's going to go. I'm glad so many people seem to be liking the stories. I wasn't sure as I'm not always great at new plots or drama. I am more of a gameplay simmer, but challenging myself and playing sims differently keeps me interested. But I also have to be careful to enjoy other hobbies too sometimes.. lol :) Enjoy playing Zelda I hear the new one is pretty good. I'm still working on the last one.. lol
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated June 7/23)

Post by ciyrose »

AmandaPlayzSims wrote: June 7th, 2023, 7:44 pm I made it into Calvin's generation of the Otts family while catching up on Mojo's Insanity challenges but I am also interested in yours as many of the challenges are different.
Congrats on catching up! Mojo's insanity challenge has also been really fun to read as you know, it's why I was inspired by her to start my own. I have had some....interesting things happen to some of my families, but always fun. I did choose different ones, somewhat because I already have challenges going that match the ones Mojo picked (like the EPIC, and the DITFT.) That's one of the things I like about that project though because it's so versatile in just picking challenges that you have wanted to get through or try out (for the most part at least.)
AmandaPlayzSims wrote: June 7th, 2023, 7:44 pmI'm glad others are enjoying the stories, as I'm never sure how it's going to go. I'm glad so many people seem to be liking the stories.
I get it, and sometimes it's REALLY hard to tell if people are enjoying your work if you don't get comments or likes or whatever to indicate it. It's somewhat why I try to always comment and let the person know I'm reading and enjoying, although it's even more for me to help keep track of what I have and haven't read yet. :D But since I'm here, might as well catch up on the newest!
Spoiler:
1.9: Oh boy, the opp is too good to pass up I know, but that would be hard for sure! Gary seems like a good dad trying to be the best he can for Kalyn. Wow, that is QUITE the outfit. That toothfairy gives out some legit money. The community center is getting lots of use this update. I like the idea of having the kids club meet there.
Another great update!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated June 16/23)

New Chapter available
1.9a - Francesca Banks
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ooh, a new update!
Spoiler:
1.9a: I get you with the quality, I understand to an extent, and while I sometimes like the look it isn't great for everything. I like the landscapes are better than the portrait, I just wish it was possible to do larger landscapes, but oh well. All the paintings look really nice though, good eye for those pictures. :) This really is a cool idea, go to various places and painting the area. I wonder when/if Francesca will return to her family.
A fun update!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Rotation 2 has begun!
2.1 - The Jensen's
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated July 20/23)

Post by ciyrose »

YAY a new update! Off to read!
Spoiler:
2.1: Jenna is adorable, so many cute infant faces! Oh my goodness, Jenna as a toddler is so adorable! Oliver is doing really well too! Woo, vacation! The sandcastles are all adorable! I love the family building them all together. A short but fun vacation! Oliver is a very handsome sim!
A good update!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated Aug 3/23)

Next visit with the Rosales... Enjoy!
2.2 - The Rosales
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Woo, excited to see the new update!
Spoiler:
2.2: Oh, what an interesting idea to have an overnight babysitting in the house. The pictures of Isa and Wolfgang are cute. Oh geez, not just a pregnancy but twins for the girl who doesn't like kids? That's going to be tough. What a lovely letter Soifa wrote the girls. Awww, twins girls. The house looks great, I really am looking forward to how this continues.
Great update!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

ciyrose wrote: August 9th, 2023, 6:43 pm Woo, excited to see the new update!
Spoiler:
2.2: Oh, what an interesting idea to have an overnight babysitting in the house. The pictures of Isa and Wolfgang are cute. Oh geez, not just a pregnancy but twins for the girl who doesn't like kids? That's going to be tough. What a lovely letter Soifa wrote the girls. Awww, twins girls. The house looks great, I really am looking forward to how this continues.
Thanks! This one went a different way than I originally planned but it turned out to be an interesting story...
Spoiler:
Funny thing is I didn't do any baby sitting... I loaded the save file and the family after finishing the family before and there was an infant sitting outside in the snow. I didn't know her, she was not part of any of the families I play.. She was just there so I couldn't just leave her sitting out in the cold so I brought her inside. Eventually she left on her own but I thought it made an interesting opening to the story... lol It was not intentional but i'm glad it came off as it was.. :) My daughter named the twins, she thought it was funny to name them after singers that sounded similar. The twins will be a challenge for next rotation for sure.
I've already played through the next two families and this is just the beginning of the drama.. And the drama is not going the way I planned it as the characters keep making their own drama happen. Now I just have to find time to write up the next couple chapters of this rotation..
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated Aug 29/23)

Check in with the Greene-Howell Family in this new chapter.
2.3 - The Greene-Howells
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated Aug 29/23)

Post by ciyrose »

Well, I'm only about a month late....darn RL, but I'm excited to see what your last update brought!
Spoiler:
2.3: Awww, Krista is a cutie! I love that we can convert cribs to toddler beds!! So nice!! That is a flirty painting I don't think I've seen before! What fun. I really wish Pool Parties were an actual think in the game on it's own. Seems like such an obvious party type. YAY for the fertility potion doing the job!! Awww look at Jayden getting all grown up!
I like this family a lot. Looking forward to seeing what they get up to next and the new baby!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated Oct 01/23)

Been sick for the last week or so.. Behind on most of my stories but finally got the next family done in this rotation. Hope you enjoy it!
2.4 - The Rivers-Edwards
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Amanda's Rotational Game (Updated Oct 01/23)

Post by ciyrose »

Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you are feeling all better now!!
Spoiler:
2.4: Oh DANG!!! I did NOT see that death coming. Holy cow, what a crazy turn of events. Oh boy, a called off engagement. I guess we'll see what happens. The amount of money kids get for teeth is crazy! Pine remains as cute as always. Oh boy, I can't blame Edna, but she is changing a lot rather quickly. Yikes, this is getting messy, and the poor kids getting split like that. Sage is a lovely teen. That was quite the unexpected set of events.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”