The Townies - Updated April 25 2024

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

The Townies - Updated April 25 2024

Post by klmnz »

Hi everyone! I've started a new project that I've been dying to do for ages - a rotational save! Inspired by Culpepper Pals for the playstyle and method of rotations. This save explores the lives of some of the Sims franchise's famous townies, to see where their traits, initial stories, and gameplay takes them (and hopefully their descendants). Click below for the posts, hosted at Dreamwidth.

The Townies: Introduction

Rotation 1
Spring 1: The Pancakes / The Pleasants / Lynx / Zest
Summer 1: The Pancakes / The Pleasants / Lynx / Zest
Autumn 1: The Pancakes / The Pleasants / Lynx / Zest
Winter 1: The Pancakes / Howell / Pleasant / Lynx / Zest / Summary

Rotation 2
Spring 2: The Pancakes / Howell / Pleasant / Lynx / Zest
Summer 2: The Pancakes / Howell / The Pleasants / Lynx / Zest
Autumn 2:
Winter 2:
Last edited by klmnz on April 24th, 2024, 3:00 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Townies

Post by Sam »

welcome to the rotational gameplay club :party:
Spoiler:
I'm so excited to see what your gang get up to! Catarina's makeover is so cute. And very excited to see that Johnny Zest is the mix, the roommates idea is so interesting!

As for uni, I haven't actually managed to incorporate it successfully yet but I'm gearing up to have another go (probably around winter 4 ish) using tips and tricks learned from Heather in this thread. I'm about to start running my rotations from Monday to Monday (still seasonally) which should help add uni in a bit more easily.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ooh a new rotational hood! Welcome to the fun!
Spoiler:
I look forward to seeing what your plays bring to these 6 sims. Seems like fun. I have yet to really hit the university in my rotational hood (having only had 1 sim even enroll yet and the promptly forgot about him being in uni at the time we left that house so he was on probation when we got back. I think Heather had some good suggestions about how to work uni though!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by klmnz »

Thank you both for pointing me towards how to make university work!
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Townies - Updated 17/6

Post by klmnz »

All four of the first spring rotations are up! I wanted to get each family underway before doing the first updates, but I start my new jobs next week so it'll slow down now. Enjoy!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Townies - Updated 17/6

Post by ciyrose »

I totally understand wanting to get some done for everyone before posting. I'm excited to see how season 1 goes for you!
Spoiler:
Spring 1:
Pancakes: I'm so interested to see how your sims fair! Bob looks so sad sitting there eating dinner on his own. I think writing makes a lot of sense for Eliza. Awww, it's a first step. Well, I can understand where Bob is coming from, but at the same time...Eliza needs SOMETHING to do. I would think Bob would be at least a little happy she is contributing since she doesn't do much, other than clean. That breakfast picture really does say it all, doesn't it? lol I don't blame Clara at all! Well, I guess we'll see what happens, but an interesting start for these two.

Pleasants: I loved these sisters in TS2, so I'm super interested in how it goes for you here. Four classes in uni is a LOT. I've done it, but yeah, they don't have much time for anything else. 3 is about my limit anymore, if I want them to get through it. I love that the girls get along so well in this version. I like Joaquin, I actually married him into my rotational hood, although he had been made over and updated a fair amount. Awww, I like Angel and Joaquin they are cute!

Lynx: I never really saw Catarina has a chef, so I think fishing makes WAY more sense for her too! I also really like Brindleton, although I like a lot of the worlds a lot actually. Awww, love the fact you named them after Cats characters. Wow Bartholomew is a very handsome cat. So fluffy. Yeah, Henford is another REALLY pretty world. I don't mind playing the same holidays for the same reason, I just have too many families to have the same season for the entire season, so I drop in on 2 families a season, which works for me. :) My biggest thing for me was I played 2 weeks for each family so they get different festivals, since they are on an every-other-week rotation, and with an even number of families they would never see the other festivals (at least some of them.) Well Knox wouldn't mind her lifestyle at all. lol A really good start!

Zest: I love Johnny, married him in once so far, but always enjoy seeing him. I LOVE that lot with the little individual tiny houses!! Too many you can't do like an 'apartment' lot and have multiple sims who aren't "roommates" living together, but I love it all the same!! Oh work outfits in TS4. lol Oh dear Johnny, not sure if she's going to be right for you or not, but I guess we'll see. I'm sure his family gives him plenty of material for comedy sets. Oh boy Johnny. I guess we'll have to see what Peaches decides.
What a fun season for these families. I'm excited to see what else happens for everyone!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Townies - Updated 27/6

Post by klmnz »

@ciyrose Thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed it! I definitely learned my lesson with university, and I'm currently playing Summer 1 for the girls with a lighter classload - much better!! Have to admit I might be leaning towards Knox for Cat, but we'll see what happens for her season <3

Summer 1 for the Pancakes is also up!
NextWish
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by NextWish »

I am concentrating on reading the Pancake household.
Spoiler:
They have some serious issues. I hope they get them all worked out soon. You have a great way of writing. I couldn't stop reading!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:wave: catching up in one big comment!

Spring 1:
Spoiler:
Pancakes: You're right, Eliza absolutely needs a hobby! Her pink typewriter is so cute. Gosh their marriage is a tricky one. Eliza and Bjorn are certainly an interesting pair :hmm: Clara's face upon meeting Eliza though!! Priceless. Bob's room being covered in laundry :lol: I'm so intrigued by these two and their troubled marriage.

Pleasant: I feel you with the overloading of courses - I've tried to do 4 at a time before, it's not fun. Especially not with an extra curricular on top!! Angela and Joaquin are sweet together, I can't wait to see where that goes! Love that Angela feels like she's dating a bad boy when with him :lol:

Lynx: She's such a cute sim :heart: even in her fishing gear! I love Brindleton Bay too, I love the seaside vibes without any tropical weather - probably because I live on the coast irl :lol: The kittens being named after Cats! Amazing. Bartholomew is so cute. A shame Michael Bell didn't join her for BBQ, that area of Henford is such a perfect setting for a romantic encounter :lol: Love your makeover of Travis, too! Her cat PJs omigosh. Knox! I have an appreciation for Knox :lol: I hope Catarina finds someone to share her life with soon, she's such a sweetheart :heart:

Zest: I love the trailer park! Johnny's career outfit involved the fishing hat in my game too?! What's that all about :lol: Peaches is adorable! Have you uploaded her to the gallery at all? :) Nalani being mad at him :lol: and John turning up at the gym!! His date day with Peaches was really sweet, despite her being married. The relevation of a child, and then the fight on the porch! Gosh. I'm looking forward to seeing where things go!
Summer 1:
Spoiler:
Pancakes: Ha, Eliza's writing face :lol: A shame Bob and Eliza aren't on the same page with their life goals, and of course Bjorn would show up at that moment! The dinner party was not a fun night for Eliza, I do wonder how things will turn out with Bjorn, especially after the shower woohoo! I wonder who the father is :lol: Can't wait to see these guys in the autumn!
creativecress36
Origin ID: electricpop3039
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by creativecress36 »

I'm loving this so far! I can't wait for the next update :P
Hiatus
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Townies - Updated July 3rd

Post by klmnz »

@NextWish Thank you so much! Bob and Eliza are drama-central in this save!
@Sam Isn't Catarina sweet? She's surprised me with how much I like her. I actually got Peaches from the gallery in the first place, so she's already there if you want to find her. She's called Pregnant Peaches and Family by PummelBob321. I'm ignoring the alien child that also comes with the household!
@creativecress36 Thanks so much! I'm having a lot of fun in this save. I need to get back to my legacy too, but I'm giving myself the first full "year" before I have to switch back :)

Summer 1 for the Pleasants is now up!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

:wave: Love how popular rotational gameplay has become on this forum! Particularly intrigued by yours since it's centering on the premades, I've never really gotten into them myself, but it's always fun to see what other people do with them!

Spoiler:
Pancakes: I love the idea of Eliza writing romance novels! I also... kinda love the idea of her and Bjorn? :shifty: Did not see that slap coming though, wow Eliza! That dinner party was probably a mistake... but one that needed to be made, for our entertainment. :P Same goes for that steamy woohoo session with Bjorn!

Pleasant: Very jealous of Angela's painting spot, oh man that is a gorgeous view. Lilith and her professor! What a spicy plot twist, I agree it seems in character for her though! Angela's love interests all being somewhat dog-related gave me a good giggle, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. :lol: I definitely recommend sticking to the lighter courseload as long as you're enjoying the university gameplay, it's worth it to have that extra free time in my opinion. Glad the rotational guide for uni has been a help! :)

Lynx: Catarina's cottage life with 3 cats is very cozy! Very intrigued by who she might end up. I think her quitting catering is for the best, honestly feels like all the premades are in the same five careers sometimes, so putting her in fishing is a nice way to mix it up! I find that getting all your sims acquainted in a rotational save is part of the fun, looking forward to seeing who meets who and when. :)

Zest: Ooh, love the idea of putting roomies in the different trailers, that seems like it'll make for some fun gameplay. Oh wow, I would have guessed Peaches had been a CAS sim, she really is pretty for a game-generated sim! Aww, look at him performing love songs at the park after his night with Peaches. Not sure what it says about me that I'm rooting for all of your sims having affairs with married sims, but... :lol: I just know Eliza is absolutely watching the drama go down from the house, perhaps taking notes for a future novel? :eyes:
Looking forward to reading more!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:wave:
Spoiler:
I love how different the girls are :lol: I'm glad they get along despite their differences though. Angela got bored of Joaquin surprisingly quickly! I've had that want pop up randomly when I thought everything was peachy, but like you I tend to go with what my sims want :lol: The view from their balcony is gorgeous! Lou is an interesting choice for Angela, as if she called things off with Joaquin while Lou was there!! :lol: and love that Lilith is doing the whole affair-with-a-professor thing!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Time to get into Summer!
Spoiler:
Summer 1:

Pancakes: Aww, their date day was nice, even if the convo about kids didn't really go as Eliza would have liked. That was quite the dinner party. Oh dear, shower woohoo, and will Bjorn be her baby daddy? Maybe, I guess we'll see what next season brings. What an interesting update.

Pleasants: Oh dear, bored with Joaquin already huh? Poor Angela. Ooh, I like Lou too, seems like he could be a good match and one that Lilith might even like. Wow, Lilith really was able to put quite the moves on her prof, and while I would say, not a good idea, it does feel very Lilith. I do love these two.
A fun set of updates to start the season!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Townies - Updated July 12th

Post by klmnz »

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone! I will reply properly this weekend, but for now, Catarina's summer is up!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Woohoo another post and I'm able to read right away! :)
Spoiler:
Summer 1: Lynx: Wow, I have also never seen a Servo wandering around in the wilderness. It's a wild Servo!! hehe, Cat looks very happy with the fish and butterflies. So many storms. Awww, bye bye Doc. Always sad when the pets go. Ooh, yay, maybe kittens in the future! Aww, what a sweet update for Kat, and I like her and Knox together. They make a lot of sense.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:wave:
Spoiler:
Whenever I see Catarina in the background of my save now, I think of yours! She's so cute. I've never seen a servo in the wild before either! :o I wonder what cause that? Knox :heart: are those lights on her four poster bed? Cute! Aww, sad about Doc :heart: Love that she met Knox's family, though. Their snowy date was very sweet!
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Townies - Updated Sept 17

Post by klmnz »

And the Zest post is up, rounding out the first summer! Boy am I struggling to find time to play now that I'm working full time with a hefty commute, but I threw this post together and put a couple of hours into my DITFT file today, so I hope to find more time now and then to keep rolling with my Sims :)
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Townies - Updated Sept 17

Post by ciyrose »

Ooof, I understand what you mean. I don't have the commute, but it's been a hellish couple of weeks between personal and work stuff. May it get easier for you!
Spoiler:
Zest: Summer 1: Oh yes, Peaches, I almost forgot the drama of spring. Woah, that's quite the "chance card" Johnny got. I don't think I've seen that one! Wow, moving into the city! Way to go Johnny. I still don't know about Peaches, I don't blame John at all, but I hope for the best for Johnny. Oooh boy, well I guess we'll have to wait and see what Fall brings.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Townies - Updated Nov 12 2023

Post by klmnz »

Autumn is here, and we're back with Bob and Eliza Pancakes!

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”