The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - Completed!

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - Completed!

Post by MayaRose1138 »

I've decided to do this challenge for the Summer Fete as it's the one I think I can get finished by the end of September :) I'll be attempting several of the mini-challenges, including Not the B's, Family Gallery, Suffer, StoryShare and Bad Apple. Maybe also the SimShare, I don't know yet because I can't work out how to link gallery sims to posts.

I'll be posting a week's worth of pics at a time but hopefully it won't get too long!!

Let's get started!!
Spoiler:
The founding couple for this challenge is Bellamy Goth and Olwydd Shipley. Both are from other saves that I have done, and Olwydd is actually from the 16th Birthday Challenge here on Boolprop. He is a Spellcaster and will henceforth be known as Ollie Goth. Unknownst to me for three in-game weeks was that he had pointy ears! I didn't realise this and am now wondering whether it's a spellcaster thing as a family in another save, who are the only spellcasters in the family tree and not in the main line, have pointy ears too!

Bellamy is active, family orientated and creative, and will be starting with the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration. Ollie loves outdoors, is a geek and outgoing, and will be starting with the Purveyor of Potions aspiration in order to find the potions for extending lifespans. He will also be working as a Tech Guru.

They are moving to 7 Eucalyptus Avenue in San Sequoia. After buying the block and the requisite knight statue, they had enough money leftover for a small starter home.

First thing they did was head to the Community Centre in town for Ollie to work on his programming for his job, and Bellamy was able to work on her painting skill, making around $500.

While they were there, Bellamy met Brytani Cho while Ollie met with L. Faba.

Then it was time to head over to the Magic Realm. Ollie met with the heads of each magic school but the one he needs the most is Simeon Silversweater as he needs the Copypasto spell, which is Practical Magic. He also needs two potions that help extend lifespan or grant immortality.

Bellamy collected a number of motes and was turned into a Spellcaster as well so that both of them can work on potions.

Back at home, they did normal couple things, including getting started on their brood of 24th children.

Morgyn Ember visited and Ollie duelled him for knowledge. He wasn't successful :fight: :O

Learning some skills through reading.

Bellamy has her first sale and was able to sell all the paintings for a profit of $9,000!!! (they were marked up 300%!)

The housewarming neighbours finally arrived a day late.

Ollie and Bellamy were able to get a few new things like a tv and computer with the days' takings.

They were invited to the Humor and Hijinks Festival, which is when Bellamy discovered that the first baby is on the way. Ollie, like all partners in my saves, doesn't seem too keen on the idea. They joined different teams for the festival so one of them would win something (Ollie and the Pranksters won).

Bellamy takes a break from painting to watch Ollie work on potions.

Another art sale, which earned enough to build a nursery and extend the living areas.

They held a baby shower at the Community Centre in order to earn the fancy bassinet :) Bellamy's cousin Mortimer was invited, as were the majority of their acquaintances.

No photos were taken, but the next day, Ollie gained rank 3 in spellcasting, was finally promoted in his job (from which he was suffering a burn out the entire week!), and a second nursery was built. On day 6, Bellamy went into labour and baby #1 was born.

Meet girl #1, Brynley Goth!

Before long, Brynley aged into a calm infant with Ollie's blonde hair and Bellamy's green eyes.

Ollie got a package when he reached Acolyte rank, including a bunnerfly familiar. It's a lot more terrifying than I thought!

And to finish the week, Bellamy painted her first masterpiece! The household has $33,000 in the bank at the end of one week, which is better than I thought and mainly due to Bellamy's sales, which is the first time I've used that sales table.
Last edited by MayaRose1138 on January 28th, 2024, 11:35 pm, edited 13 times in total.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 2: Expanding the Family (and the house)
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brynley - infant/girl#1
First things first, got to get as many milestones as possible with Brynley before the next baby.

Second baby is on its way!

Back carriers can be very handy.

In between that, trying to get Bellamy to make lots of money...

...while they periodically do trips to the Magic Realm so that Ollie can work on creating the Rejuvination and Immortaility potions (he does get Delicioso but hardly uses it). Ollie also gets a new greenhouse to work on his potions and to grow some ingredients.

On day 9, Boy #1 - Baker Goth - is born and ages up the next morning into a Sunny infant.

Baker has Bellamy's hair and Ollie's eyes - the opposite to Brynley.

The house gets a new living room, so that there's more room for infants in the main area, and some further extensions out the back that will eventually become kids' bedrooms.

Looking after two infants can be very time-comsuming! Interestingly, Brynley hates all of the finger foods and most of the others, so unsurprisingly, she has the picky eater trait. She also hates being held.

Bellamy lets Ollie know that number 3 is on its way! This is the most excited I've ever seen any of my sims when finding out they're going to be a parent :lol:

Ollie keeps working on his magic aspiration as well as working - no wonder he's getting burnout! He does get two promotions this week though.

Brynley finally learns to stand, just in time for her birthday. She ages up into a Silly toddler.

No reason for this pic except that Brynley looks cute!

More infant/toddler spam...

When the kids are in bed, their parents finally have time to attend to other activities!

And finally, baby #3 arrived on day 13! Meet Blossom Goth, girl #2. She aged up into a Sensitive infant, with Ollie's hair and eye colour.

And so ends the second week! I think the family funds are around $75,000 at this point thanks to Bellamy's paintings. She has to take care of the kids while Ollie is at work, and when they're sleeping/napping, paints so that she can hold yard sales when Ollie gets home.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 30th June 23

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 3: Birthdays galore!
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brynley - toddler/girl#1
Baker - infant/boy#1
Blossom - infant/girl#2
Dealing with two infants and a toddler means that Bellamy and Ollie have to manage their time really well.

Baker finally gets to stand up, so it's birthday time! He rolled Charmer for his trait.

Blossom is a snuggly sleeper so it's couch time for mum and bub. When she has to go in the crib, Brynley is on hand to entertain.

Baby #4 is on the way!

Family portrait at the start of week 3.

I think I took this because everyone was in the same area, which is unusual.

Ollie is improving his spellcaster level - he's now a Master - and he gets another couple of promotions this week too.

Toddler/infant spam:

The toddlers like going out to talk to Bellamy during yard sales. Unfortunately, that seems to make the toddlers stretchy, so I have to encourage them to find other things to do.

Brynley finally ages up into a child! She rolls the Lactose Intolerant trait and the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration. The backyard therefore gets a makeover so a jungle gym and monkey bars can be easily accessible. Brynley also gets the first child room makeover.

There is also a recreation room added, and a few days later, an indoor pool.

Bellamy is friends with Cassandra Goth, her cousin in this game, so she often comes over and the toddlers use her to get their communication skills up.

The kids are also friends with each other.

I think this is when Ollie finally gets his promotion to eSport Gamer. He worked hard for this and ended up gaining an extra trait - Ambitious.

Time for some relaxtion...

Blossom has a good appetite but is gassy, so that doesn't always work out too well.

Time for baby #4! Welcome Brooks Goth, boy #2! He ages up with the same genetics as Blossom and the Wiggly trait.

Bellamy needs to loss a bit of weight before the next baby arrives. She got the Fertile trait using aspiration points, so we'll see if that gives us twins.

Baby spam! Blossom really doesn't like to be put on the floor. Every time someone does, she immediately wants back up again!

Baby #5 is on the way!

Blossom finally learns to stand up and several family members are there for the occasion.

Harvestfest!

Also, Blossom's birthday. She rolls Fussy, which is not really surprising :lol:

Brynley learns to ride the bike but somehow doesn't realise that she shouldn't ride it inside!!!

Baker broke the dollhouse right in front of his parents...oops :) Bellamy autonomously told him off for it. This was about the time some of the kids were getting sad or angry about not getting the attention they wanted, even if their parents were actually spending time with them!

One less toddler! Baker aged up, rolling the Bookworm trait and the Mind & Body aspiration.

Brynley lost her first tooth.

Early morning chatting before school.

And the arrival of twins on the final day of the week! Welcome girl #3 Beatrix and boy #3 Bennet!!

Household funds are now up to $98k, which is very good and will allow Bellamy not to have to paint for a while as she tries to skill up three infants and a toddler!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 12th July 23

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 4 - A Full House
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brynley - child/girl#1
Baker - child/boy#1
Blossom - toddler/girl#2
Brooks - infant/boy#2
Bennett - baby/boy#3
Beatrix - baby/girl#3
We start this update with Beatrix & Bennett aging into infants. They both inherited Bellamy's black hair and Ollie's pink eyes. It was now that I noticed that they both had pointed ears and discovered that Ollie and all the children so far have a variation of pointed ears. I think it's a spellcaster thing but I'm not sure.
Bennett rolled Cautious and Beatrix rolled Sensitive.

Week 4 family portrait:

Getting started on milestones. Baker decided to help out as well.

Like his older sister, Baker doesn't realise that he shouldn't be riding his bike in the house...

Bellamy gets busy building a treehouse for anyone needing the Creative Genius aspiration, and since Brynley didn't have anything to do, she joined in before getting in some bike riding time herself.

Baker found the yoga mat all by himself - I'm so proud!

Every single person is asleep in this pic - not bad with two toddlers and two infants in the house!!

Brooks has a good chat to Blossom to try and get his social milestones done (he failed) before his birthday.

Brooks rolled Angelic and gained Top-Notch Infant, mastering most of his motor milestones and half of the social ones.

Now Brooks can be a big brother and help entertain the twins.

Infant spam! Beatrix is in white, Bennet is in blue.

Baker finally learns to practise his bike riding outside :lol:

Winterfest! It was also Blossom's child birthday. She rolled the Active trait and Whiz Kid aspiration.

Blossom's first action was to go swimming even though it's the middle of winter. Fortunately for her, winter in San Sequoia seem to be fairly warm.

Unfortunately, she has caught the 'ride the bike in the house' bug :facepalm:

All the kids managed to get presents from Father Winter.

Just the three oldest kids chilling as Blossom gets started on her aspiration.

Brooks and Bennett playing dolls together - awww :)

Bellamy finally got the treehouse finished and added a slide. I didn't know there was a seat up there for kids to sit on and chat until Brynley did it.

A very important discussion happening, obviously :)

Beatrix is the first of the twins to learn to stand up.

Three stages of boyhood in one pic.

Bellamy finished her painting aspiration! Yay, points!! She also mastered parenting around this time too!

Time for the twins to age up! Bennett rolled Inquisitive, Beatrix rolled Independent.

Every time I leave Blossom to her own devices, she heads for the pool. She obviously has a secret Loves to Swim trait :lol:

Toddler training.

All but Brooks busy skilling in the rec room.

This seems to be the only pic I have from New Year's Eve! And that rounds out week 4 of the challenge, where I finally earned some points!!

Aspirations completed: 2 (Purveyor of Potions, Painter Extraordinaire)
Skills mastered: 3 (painting, charisma, parenting - all Bellamy)
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 22nd July 23

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 5 - The Calm before the Storm
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brynley - child/girl#1
Baker - child/boy#1
Blossom - child/girl#2
Brooks - toddler/boy#2
Bennett - toddler/boy#3
Beatrix - toddler/girl#3
To start off the new week, Brooks finished off one last milestone then aged up into a child. He rolled the Goofball trait and the Slumber Party aspiration.

Family portrait at the start of week 5.

Brooks held a slumber party that night with just family members to get a start on his aspiration.

Bennett ignored all that and preferred to do his favourite activity...

Monday nights can be busy getting homework done and sometimes projects as well.

Not sure why I took this pic :)

Baker and Brooks exchange friendship bracelets.

First teen of the challenge! Brynley aged up with the Active trait and the Freelance Botanist aspiration. She probably won't complete that but anyway. She also joins the Lifeguard career, and Bellamy paints her portrait for the wall.

Bennett and Beatrix also age up. Bennett rolls Loves Outdoors and the Creative Genius aspiration, while Beatrix rolls Genius and the Mind & Body aspiration.

They get started on their aspirations.

Brooks held another slumber party and actually had some school friends to invite this time! In the final pic, you can see Ollie in his level 9 work uniform.

And speaking of Ollie, he finally finished the Spellcraft aspiration by defeating some spellcasters in duels. That took a while but he's better at them than Bellamy turns out to be (as you'll see in the next chapter).

Love Day! Bellamy and Ollie finally get to leave the house together and go on a date!

Ollie finally got the Tome of Immortality and therefore has discovered all 16 potions! The kids will now be able to get the immortality potions when they leave, and Bellamy and Ollie can drink the one that resets their age.

They also bought a rainbow goldfish while in the Magic Realm :)

Finishing homework before playing.

Brynley was promoted to level 3 lifeguard - points for topping her career!

Second teen! Baker rolled Music Lover so I gave him the Musical Genius aspiration to go with it.

And to finish with, Bellamy set the shower alight while trying to repair it with magic. No-one could apparently get close enough to extinguish it though, not even the firefighters, so the family had to wait for it to go away on it's own. Unfortunately, this wasn't the worst thing to happen over the weekend though...

Aspirations completed: 3 (Purveyor of Potions, Painter Extraordinaire, Spellcraft & Sorcery)
Skills mastered: 4 (painting, charisma, parenting, cooking - all Bellamy)
Teen topped career: 1 Brynley (lifeguard)
Top Notch Toddlers: 6
Last edited by MayaRose1138 on July 21st, 2023, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 31st July 23

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 6 - An Unexpected Tragedy
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brynley - teen/girl#1
Baker - teen/boy#1
Blossom - child/girl#2
Brooks - child/boy#2
Bennett - child/boy#3
Beatrix - child/girl#3

Family portrait at the start of week 6.

Got Baker's portrait done for the wall.

Then the family decided to go out and enjoy a meal. That turned out to be a huge mistake. It all started well...

But I didn't keep an eye on everyone's moodlets. And as I was trying to get them to leave, Ollie and Bellamy wouldn't leave. This is why:

Ollie had become hysterical and I hadn't noticed!! So I paused the game and considered my options. I did comtemplate not saving but I'd played through two days and didn't want to lose all that progess. Then I realised that with Bellamy being a spellcaster, she could learn the spells to ressurect Ollie. So I unpaused and let things play out.

So then Bellamy got to work levelling up her spellcaster rank as fast as possible. She had to do so many duels and lost most of them, and ended up cursed three times. I also didn't take very many other pics as this was happening.

During this time, Blossom aged to teen. I gave her the Child of the Ocean trait as she loves swimming, and she rolled the Goal-Orientated aspiration. She enrolled in the football after-school club and will be doing the Video-Gaming part-time career for her aspiration.

It took four days to learn the two spells needed to bring Ollie back but finally Bellamy did it!! Her focus on this gained her the Ambitious trait.

They immediately got remarried and then went off for some relaxing time together before the kids got home from school.

Life went back to normal for everyone. Ollie completed the Computer Whiz aspiration and was promoted to Level 10 Tech Guru! (I may have cheated him back to level 9 because he was one day away from his promotion when he died!). He quit his job and Bellamy joined the Chef career.

Prom was a disaster because I have a mod that allows more high school students and I kind of forgot to update that because of everything else going on, so my teens were the only ones at the prom (except for one of Blossom's friends that she invited).

And that's where I'll leave it for today. More on the actual children next time!!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 15th August 23

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 7 - Births and Birthdays
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brynley - teen/girl#1
Baker - teen/boy#1
Blossom - teen/girl#2
Brooks - teen/boy#2
Bennett - child/boy#3
Beatrix - child/girl#3

I should point out that I've kept the age spans the same as before the Growing Together update so the changes don't interfere with my other saves. So infants are 5 days, toddlers are 7, children and teens are 13.

We start week 7 with Brooks' birthday. He rolled Good for his trait and Neighbourhood Confidante as his aspiration. I thought that would be an easy one to do but it turns out you can't do anything on it until the sim is a YA. :grumpy:

Tyron Capricosa came over and Baker made his move, so they're now boyfriends!

The greenhouse got expanded to fit anything in that doesn't go in the house.

Movie night with everyone. Brynley also got her second raise that day.

Playing air guitar!

Soon after, Brynley aged into a YA. She rolled Loves Outdoors for her final trait and joined the gardening career. She completed several childhood aspirations but no adult ones, gained Top Notch Toddler (+25), gained an A in school and got the graduate early call (+5), and maxed her teen career (+5). She moved into a little house nearby in San Sequoia where she will be joined by Baker when he ages up.

Brynley must not have liked being on her own because she was back at the house within hours :lol:]

No pics but information: Ollie was nominated for an award for his first book, and Bellamy was promoted to level 5 in the culinary career.

The household got a splashpad for those children doing the Playtime Captain aspiration.

New baby incoming!!

Beatrix made friends with the interestingly named Future Kealoha.

Blossom topped the Video Game career and was also promoted to Level 2 in Football.

Family life was mostly fairly routine...

Bennett and Beatrix had their teen birthdays! Bennett rolled Gloomy and Renaissance Sim, while Beatrix rolled Self-Absorbed and Drama Llama (which go really well together!).

Harvestfest! Those gnomes can be very creepy...

Beatrix is the one picked to learn painting so that she can do Bellamy's portrait. It will also help with the Entrepreneur skill. However, I think she's doing it a little bit wrong...

Baker's YA Birthday! He rolled Romantic (and gained the Self-Assured trait as a bonus trait, which I didn't know could happen), and will become a Musician. He moved out straight away with Brynley. At the end of the challenge, I'll put all the children up on the Gallery in pairs.

Babies! Twins Brielle and Bronte were born!

The next day, they aged up into infants. Brielle is Wiggly and more like Bellamy in colouring, whereas Bronte is Sunny and takes after her father.

Infant spam!

Prom... again! This time, more teens turned up. Beatrix asked Reeves to Prom and they became partners during the event (because she has to break up with someone later on for her aspiration). They even went to the after party.

Portraits of the children so far:

And that's what happened during this week! Much less eventful than the previous week, thank goodness!

Adult skills maxed (+10) - 6
Teen A's (+5) - 2
Teen careers topped (+5) - 3
Top Notch Toddlers (+25) - 6
Adult careers topped - Tech Guru (+20)
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 1st October 23

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Finally, getting back into posting updates now that the challenge is finished!

Chapter 8 (can't think of a title for this one)
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Blossom - teen/girl#2
Brooks - teen/boy#2
Bennett - teen/boy#3
Beatrix - teen/girl#3
Brielle - infant/girl#4
Bronte - infant/girl#5

We start off with the weekly portrait.

Teens can be mostly useful when looking after twin infants!

Beatrix had to break up with her boyfriend Reeves as part of her aspiration. He wasn't happy about it.

Blossom was promoted to level 3 in football the day before her birthday, completing her Goal Orientated aspiration. She rolled High Maintenance, and got a job in the athlete career to go with her new Bodybuilder aspiration. She was also Valedictorian.

Brielle and Bronte aged up on Winterfest. Both gained the Angelic trait. Bronte is the first of any of the toddlers to have the level 2 Communication skill when aging up; I think they have to have spoken their first word to get that level.

Breakfast with only three teens left in the house.

Presents!

New baby on the way!

Beatrix joined the cheerleaders for her teen aspiration. She also tried to get a rival by becoming enemies with Megan Pancakes but it never triggered a rivarly.

Toddler skilling and bonding!

More presents! And Father Winter stuck around for some mac'n'cheese!

Ollie has been working hard on his Bestselling Author aspiration.

Brooks aged up to YA. He gained two traits - Self-Assured and Family Orientated - and moved in with Blossom so he could become a comedian.

Later that day, Bellamy gave birth to twin boys Bastian and Benedict. This is the first time ever I've had twin boys in a save!!

It was also Prom Night and New Year's Eve! Beatrix and Bennet both won Prom Royalty!

And there we wind it up for the week. Just another 17 updates to go....

Aspirations completed (+40) - 5: 200 (I think Bellamy completed Super Parent this week but I didn't record the day)
Adult skills maxed (+10) - 8: 80 (Bellamy maxed fitness, Ollie maxed writing)
Teen A's (graduate early call) (+5) - 3: 15 (Brynley, Blossom, Brooks)
Teen careers topped (+5) - 6: 30
Top Notch Toddlers (+25) - 6: 150
Adult careers topped - Tech Guru (+20): 20
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 1st October 23

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 9: Six down, 18 to go!
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Bennett - teen/boy#3
Beatrix - teen/girl#3
Brielle - toddler/girl#4
Bronte - toddler/girl#5
Bastian - infant/boy#4
Benedict - infant/boy#5

We start off with Bastian and Benedict aging into toddler. Both the boys rolled Calm, which is nice. And they're identical, so Bastian is in red and Benedict is in green.

Weekly family portrait.

Infant spam...

Beatrix being more helpful in this pic than the last update :lol:

Took very little pics of the girls as toddlers - oops! Anyway, they both achieved Top Notch Toddler. Brielle rolled Geek and Creative Genius, while Bronte rolled Proper and Whiz Kid.

They got straight into working on their aspirations, and helping Ollie with collecting all the school projects.

Finally, the last of the first group of children aged into young adults! Bennett topped a second career before aging up, rolling Genius as his last trait and joining the Gardening career. He got onto the last tier of his Renaissance Sim aspiration, and was also Valedictorian. Beatrix rolled Party Animal as her last trait and will become an Actress.

As soon as the twins left, it was time to hopefully get pregnant with the last babies for this group!

It was also time to get the boys finished their milestones and aged into toddler. Bastian rolled Silly while Benedict rolled Independent.

Can't remember why I took these :lol:

In news around this time, Brynley had the first grandchild, Amanda, while Blossom is pregnant to Riley Price. Bellamy also got promoted to Level 8 chef!

And the last set of babies were born for this group - Bowen and Bellarose!

And that's the end of week 9!

Adult skills maxed (+10) - 9: 90 (Bellamy maxed gourmet cooking)
Teen careers topped (+5) - 7: 35
Top Notch Toddlers (+25) - 8: 200
Adult careers topped - Tech Guru (+20): 20
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 2nd October 23

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 10:
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brielle - child/girl#4
Bronte - child/girl#5
Bastian - toddler/boy#4
Benedict - toddler/boy#5
Bowen - infant/boy#6
Bellarose - infant/girl#6

I'm going to try and make these posts a little shorter, otherwise I'll run out of room to store the pics!!

Bowen and Bellarose aged into infants - Bowen is Cautious; Bellarose is Sunny. Like Brielle and Bronte, these two are opposite in colouring.

Family pic for week 10. There's a lot of blondes in this portrait and as you'll see, most of the boys take after Ollie while the girls are a bit more even as to who they inherit their colouring from.

Bellamy and Ollie get to meet their first grandchild, Amanda.

Then they had a family reunion.

As well as doing the paintings, I'm going to be keeping track of the kids (and eventually grand and great-grandkids) with the picture frames.

Infant spam. And as you can see in the first pic, if there's any toddlers, they love eating or reading near the infants.

The older kids do some skilling. Bastian, in the last picture, broke the dollhouse and then stood there crying because the dollhouse was broken :shrug:

Bronte showing off her spellcaster abilities by riding through a wall!

Baby Amanda (GC#1) aged into a toddler. She takes after Brynley.

Beatrix and Bennett come over and interact with their youngest siblings. I didn't know toddlers could get people outside the family to read to them!

Double birthdays! Bastian and Benedict aged up to children. Bastian rolled Lazy and Artistic Prodigy, while Benedict rolled Adventurous and Slumber Party.

Then it was time for the youngest twins. Bowen rolled Independent while Bellarose rolled Charmer.

The family went around to visit Blossom and granddaughter #2, Bailee. They live in Sulani.

Benedict had a slumber party for his aspiration, inviting three friends from school. This was also where Bellamy topped the Chef career! No pics, but she also completed Master Chef aspiration at the same time!

And that's it for week 10. I think I'll have to make these updates shorter still :)

Aspirations completed (+40) - 6: 240 (Master Chef)
Top Notch Toddlers (+25) - 10: 250
Adult careers topped (+20) - 2: 40 (Chef - Culinary)
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 5th Jan 2024

Post by MayaRose1138 »

uSo, I figured I'd better get some more updates done as I'm getting seriously behind and I've started another challenge :lol:

Chapter 11:
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brielle - child/girl#4
Bronte - child/girl#5
Bastian - child/boy#4
Benedict - child/boy#5
Bowen - toddler/boy#6
Bellarose - toddler/girl#6

We start off with the usual weekly family portrait.

Not much happened for the first couple of days except that Ollie got a job as a writer (see pic below), and the kids finished off some aspirations. Oh, and Brooks and Blossom announced they were having babies.

So the first exciting thing to happen was Brielle and Bronte aging up to teens. Brielle gained the Maker trait and the Nerd Brain aspiration, and Bronte gained the Outgoing trait and the Admired Icon aspiration, which I've never tried before.

Brielle got stuck into reading books whereas Bronte - as she joined the cheerleading team - got started on learning some routines.

Then it was time for the next set of twins to age up. Bowen become a Music Lover with the aspiration Creative Genius, and Bellarose is Good with the aspiration Slumber Party. Again *sigh*.

I had to send Bronte to school to make friends.

Bellarose has a slumber party.

I don't know why all the gnomes are congregating around Brielle but I thought it was funny :lol:

Incognito party for family. Newest member Bailee is there as well.

And off to Copperdale to make some outfits for sale.

Brielle got working on the spaceship (which her parents occasionally helped with) and then headed off into space. Like I'd trust a teenager to be able to drive a spaceship safely!!

Doing some socialising at a House Party for Bronte's aspiration. I think this is Audrey Prescott, whom Bronte had a crush on.

And that's the end of the week! Brooks had baby Chloe, while Blossom had twins Denim and Draco.

Aspirations completed (+40) - 6: 240 (Master Chef)
Top Notch Toddlers (+25) - 12: 300
Adult careers topped (+20) - 2: 40 (Chef - Culinary)
Grandchildren (5):
Amanda (Brynley)
Bailee (Blossom)
Chloe (Brooks)
Denim & Draco (Blossom)
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 5th Jan 24

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 12:
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brielle - teen/girl#4
Bronte - teen/girl#5
Bastian - child/boy#4
Benedict - child/boy#5
Bowen - child/boy#6
Bellarose - child/girl#6

Weekly portrait.

There was a visit out to Sulani to visit Brooks and Blossom and the three new grandchildren.

First time I've ever seen an island spirit!

Bellarose had a slumber party and invited nieces Amanda and Bailee.

Brielle topped her part-time career of Barista and graduated early. Bronte also graduated early and got a retail job. More child aspirations were completed.

Bastian and Benedict aged up to teen on Winterfest. Bastian gained the Recycle Disciple trait and Master Maker aspiration, and Benedict got Goofball and the Spellcraft and Sorcery aspiration.

Winterfest!

Bellamy has taken up knitting and is still working to complete the Spellcraft aspiration.

She is also able to mentor Benedict.

Benedict and Bastian got jobs as a lifeguard and fast food employee. Bastian looks thrilled :lol:

I got them a sauna but something about it was glitched so this is the only time any of them got to enjoy it!

The boys are working hard on their aspirations.

While Bowen and Bellarose are working hard on theirs.

Beatrix had a daughter Esther, so Bellamy had to go around and meet her.

Ollie finally finished the Best-Selling Author aspiration! And Brielle is the second teen to finish her aspiration (forgot to count Bronte's in the last update).

Prom! Bronte was Prom Royalty while Bastian was the Jester.

And we round off this update with New Year's Eve!

Next update we'll farewell Brielle and Bronte, and get started on the next group of children. Halfway through!!!

Aspirations completed (+40) - 7: 280 (Best-Selling Author)
Aspirations completed by teens (+10) - 2: Bronte, Brielle
Teen A's (graduate early call) (+7) - 5: 35
Teen careers topped (+5) - 8: 40
Adult careers topped (+20) - 2: 40
Grandchildren (6):
Amanda (Brynley)
Bailee (Blossom)
Chloe (Brooks)
Denim & Draco (Blossom)
Esther (Beatrix)
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Spoiler:
The three grankids are absolutely precious!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

madeinsixam wrote: January 4th, 2024, 9:45 pm
Spoiler:
The three grankids are absolutely precious!
Spoiler:
Thank you :) There are way more than that by the time the challenge ends - 27 grandchildren and 18 great-grandkids!!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 6th Jan 24

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 13:
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Brielle - YA/girl#4
Bronte - YA/girl#5
Bastian - teen/boy#4
Benedict - teen/boy#5
Bowen - child/boy#6
Bellarose - child/girl#6

We start with Brielle and Bronte aging up to YA on portrait day.

Brielle rolled Overachiever (which isn't surprising since she finished her aspiration quickly) as well as the self-discovery trait of Adventurous. She started the aspiration of Freelance Botanist and joined the Astronaut career.

Bronte rolled Green Fiend, has the non-teen aspiration of Inner Peace, and will become a lawyer. (A day later, she was pregnant - that didn't take long :lol:)

First lot of the third group of babies on their way! Ollie is as excited as always...

Bowen and Bellarose aged up into teens. Bowen rolled Loves Outdoors and the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration. Bellarose rolled Materialistic and The Curator.

Teen skilling time...

Got the final lot of portraits done for this group of children.

Benedict graduated early in time to meet the new arrivals, and Ollie got promoted this week to level 8 and 9. Meet Booker and Boudicca!

Upon aging to infant, Booker got the cautious trait while Boudicca got the calm trait.

In family news, Bronte, Beatrix, Bennet and Brooks all got married. (This may have been the point when I realised that somehow, marriage had been turned off for YAs :shrug: ). Brielle got pregnant, and Bronte had baby Faith (and then got pregnant again with her new husband).

"How many more do I have to have?"
"Ten."
"Oh."

Infant activities.

Boudicca isn't sure about this sleep thing...

Benedict's choice of fun activities, when I allow him to choose, is to practise standing with Boudicca!

I title this "please don't hurt me!" :lol:

Bellarose finished her aspiration and got the Leader of the Pack one as a replacement. I've never done that one before so should be interesting.

And finally, Prom where Bellarose and Benedict got to be royalty this time :)

Aspirations completed (+40) - 7: 280 (Best-Selling Author)
Aspirations completed by teens (+10) - 3: 30 (Bellarose)
Adult skills maxed (+10) - 10: 100 (Ollie - fitness)
Teen A's (graduate early call) (+8) - 5: 40 (Benedict)
Teen careers topped (+5) - 9: 45 (Bastian)
Adult careers topped (+20) - 2: 40
Grandchildren (6):
Amanda (Brynley)
Bailee (Blossom)
Chloe (Brooks)
Denim & Draco (Blossom)
Esther (Beatrix)
Faith (Bronte)
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 12th Jan 24

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 14:
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Bastian - teen/boy#4
Benedict - teen/boy#5
Bowen - teen/boy#6
Bellarose - teen/girl#6
Booker - infant/boy#7
Boudicca - infant/girl#7

Family portrait:

Week 14 starts off with a gathering of Bellarose's new club with the five grandchildren who are old enough: Amanda, Bailee, Chloe, Denim and Draco. One of them even shows how clever they are by walking on water!!

Bastian and Benedict have their YA birthdays. Bastian rolls Romantic and becomes a Civil Designer, while Benedict rolls Self-Assured (and gains Overachiever) and becomes an Athlete. They move out together to Evergreen Harbor.

Bowen took a day off school and went to Mt Komorebi with Bellamy to get nearly two tiers of his aspiration done.

New babies incoming!

Booker and Boudicca became toddlers. Booker is Independent (yay!) and Boudicca is Inquisitive.

Toddler spam!

Family picture wall!

Bowen made a move on Amira Luna :)

Bowen and Bellarose both graduated early, which will make things a little easier. Around this time, Brielle had baby Greyson, while Bronte got pregnant again. Visits were made to meet Faith and Greyson.

The seashells collection got done (first time ever!). It helps that the toddler can search the sand in the backyard for their imagination skill at the same time. I thought I had a picture of this but I can't find it!

New babies! Barrett and Benson. Barrett will be the Bad Apple. Before starting the challenge I rolled a dice and the 8th boy and 10th girl are the Bad Apples in the challenge, and Barrett is the 8th boy. Barrett is in black to remind me not to click on him. He is Sunny while Benson is Wiggly, and look identical at this stage with Ollie's hair and Bellamy's eyes.

Meanwhile, the toddlers don't get left out.

Grandchild Bailee aged up to a teen.

Bellarose completed her second aspiration, and Ollie topped his career, so Bellamy will now join the athletic career.

Don't think I took this pic for any other reason than to show how muscled Bowen is!!!

In family news, Bastian and Benedict both got married, and Bronte had baby Hamish. And there was no Prom this week - can't remember why I didn't send Bowen and Bellarose :shrug:

Aspirations completed by teens (+10) - 4: 40 (Bellarose)
Adult skills maxed (+10) - 10: 100
Teen A's (graduate early call) (+5) - 10: (Bowen & Bellarose)
Teen careers topped (+5) - 10: 50 (Bellarose)
Adult careers topped (+20) - 3: 60 (Ollie - writer)
Grandchildren (9):
Amanda (Brynley)
Bailee (Blossom)
Chloe (Brooks)
Denim & Draco (Blossom)
Esther (Beatrix)
Faith (Bronte)
Greyson (Brielle)
Hamish (Bronte)
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 15:
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Bowen - teen/boy#6
Bellarose - teen/girl#6
Booker - toddler/boy#7
Boudicca - toddler/girl#7
Barrett - infant/boy#8
Benson - infant/boy#9

Family portrait:

Bowen and Bellarose aged up to YA on the Sunday. Bowen rolled the Loyal trait and became a musician, while Bellarose rolled Family-Orientated and became an Art Critic. They moved out to Willow Creek together.

New babies are on their way, last of the third lot!

Oh, here is where the pic of the seashells is!

The boys learning to stand.

Birthdays! Booker rolled Creative and Slumber Party while Boudicca rolled Adventurous and Playtime Captain.

Booker had a Slumber Party straight away and invited his nieces/nephews Chloe, Denim, Draco and Esther.

Bellamy got promoted to level 5 athlete fairly quickly.

No reason for these pics either :)

Meeting baby Hamish.

Barrett and Benson plotting world domination, no doubt :lol:

More birthdays! Barret aged up with Angelic while Benson got Silly.

Toddler training. Barrett got lots more of this than Benson in the hope that he could get to Top-Notch Toddler.

Perfectly in sync.

Boudicca working on her second aspiration.

Booker joined the Drama Club and held another slumber party.

Babies! Welcome twin girls Bristol and Begonia! Bristol is Cautious while Begonia is sensitive. They seem to be identical mini-Bellamy's.

In family news, Bowen got married and is expecting a baby, while the youngest of the grandchildren aged up to toddler. It was a very slow week for everyone!

Aspirations completed by teens (+10) - 4: 40
Adult skills maxed (+10) - 11: 110 (Bellamy - knitting)
Teen A's (graduate early call) (+5) - 10:
Teen careers topped (+5) - 10: 50
Top Notch Toddlers (+25) - 14: 350
Adult careers topped (+20) - 3: 60
Grandchildren (9):
Amanda (Brynley)
Bailee (Blossom)
Chloe (Brooks)
Denim & Draco (Blossom)
Esther (Beatrix)
Faith (Bronte)
Greyson (Brielle)
Hamish (Bronte)
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 16:
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Booker - child/boy#7
Boudicca - child/girl#7
Barrett - toddler/boy#8
Benson - toddler/boy#9
Bristol - infant/girl#8
Begonia - infant/girl#9

Family portrait:

Barrett and Benson aged to children. Almost got Barrett to Top-Notch Toddler but not quite. Barrett rolled Hot-Headed (that should be fun with a non-controllable sim!) and Social Butterfly (his family can help him with this), while Benson rolled Proper and Rambunctious Scamp.

Bristol and Begonia also age up. Bristol (pink) is Silly while Begonia (blue) is a charmer.

Boudicca is flying through the aspirations. I think this was when she became my favourite :) She ended up finishing 7 aspirations!!

Kids being kids, more plotting of world domination :lol:

Winterfest! Threw a Black & White party for all adult children plus Amanda, who had just aged into a YA.

Ollie crashed the spaceship again :nono:

Bronte came over to visit.

The boys play video games.

Bowen and wife Morrigan had baby Jasmine, while Brielle adopted a girl, Ireland. Bowen then, although he's married, is having a baby with ex-girlfriend Amira!! I didn't know MCCC progression could allow for that! Bellarose adopted a girl, Kendra, which brings the total number of grandchildren to 12.

And that was this week! Once again, not much happened.

Aspirations completed by teens (+10) - 4: 40
Adult skills maxed (+10) - 13: 130 (Ollie - charisma, Bellamy - entrepreneur)
Teen A's (graduate early call) (+5) - 10:
Teen careers topped (+5) - 10: 50
Top Notch Toddlers (+25) - 15: 375
Grandchildren (12):
Amanda (Brynley)
Bailee (Blossom)
Chloe (Brooks)
Denim & Draco (Blossom)
Esther (Beatrix)
Faith (Bronte)
Greyson (Brielle)
Hamish (Bronte)
Ireland (Brielle - adopted as child)
Jasmine (Bowen)
Kendra (Bellarose - adopted as child)
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 17th Jan 24

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 17:
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Booker - teen/boy#7
Boudicca - teen/girl#7
Barrett - child/boy#8
Benson - child/boy#9
Bristol - child/girl#8
Begonia - child/girl#9

Family portrait:

Four birthdays on the Sunday before I took the portrait. Booker and Boudicca aged to teen. Booker rolled Glutton and Painter Extraordinnaire, while Boudicca rolled Vegetarian and Archaeology Scholar (which I hadn't done before). I'm surprised she didn't roll Over-achiever as she finished 7 childhood aspirations :toast: !!!

Bristol and Begonia aged to child. Bristol rolled Vegetarian as well, while Begonia rolled Lactose Intolerant. That's going to make meal-times fun :lol: Both girls rolled Slumber Party as their aspiration, which will make things easier.

The whole family went on a short vacation to Selvadora for Boudicca to start her aspiration. She found a fair number of artefacts and completed one or two tiers of the aspiration (I didn't write down how many).

Slumber party! As usual, a few nieces/nephews were invited but I didn't record which ones.

Booker and Boudicca studying hard.

Boudicca actually got the call to graduate three days after becoming a teen, which gave her plenty of time to work on archaeology. So she went back to Selvadora twice, once with Bellamy, once with Ollie, and maxed her archaeology skill, as well as completing the omiscan doll collection. Not long afterwards, she maxed her teen career of Lifeguard. See what I mean about an overachiever? I love her so much! If I can find the right legacy/challenge for her, she'll get her own save :heartbeat:

Bellamy and Ollie went over to Bowen's house to meet baby Leander and toddler Jasmine.

About this time, Barrett (the bad apple) managed to complete the Social Butterfly aspiration. I found that if one of his family was talking with someone and added Barrett into the conversation, he would keep talking to them and eventually befriend them.

Prom! Grandkids Esther and Draco were royalty this time!

Family news - Bowen had a boy, Leander, with his girlfriend, not his wife! Benedict had a girl, McKenna, with his wife. Brielle is having her second baby.

Aspirations completed by teens (+10) - 5: 50 (Boudicca)
Adult skills maxed (+10) - 14: 140 (Boudicca - archaeology)
Teen A's (graduate early call) (+5) - 11: 55 (Boudicca)
Teen careers topped (+5) - 11: 55 (Boudicca)
Top Notch Toddlers (+25) - 17: 425
Grandchildren (14):
Amanda (Brynley)
Bailee (Blossom)
Chloe (Brooks)
Denim & Draco (Blossom)
Esther (Beatrix)
Faith (Bronte)
Greyson (Brielle)
Hamish (Bronte)
Jasmine (Bowen)
Leander (Bowen)
McKenna (Benedict)
Last edited by MayaRose1138 on January 17th, 2024, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Goth Baby Boom Challenge - updated 17th Jan 24

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 18: Nearly 3/4 of the way through!
Spoiler:
Bellamy - mother
Ollie - father
Booker - teen/boy#7
Boudicca - teen/girl#7
Barrett - teen/boy#8
Benson - teen/boy#9
Bristol - child/girl#8
Begonia - child/girl#9

Family portrait:

Barratt and Benson aged up into teens on the Sunday. Barratt rolled Active and was given the aspiration of Bodybuilder because that's about the only one he has any chance of doing things for on his own. Benson rolled Loyal and The Curator. And apart from eyebrows, these two are identical.

Booker painted his first masterpiece!

Barratt didn't go to bed all night and gained the achievement of staying awake for 24 hours! Then he crashed when he got home from school and didn't end up going to school the next day :duh: He can work out on his own though, and he actually fixed the climbing wall!

A few of the grandkids are either teens or YA now.

Bellamy topped the athletics career, so now Ollie joined the Astronaut career.

The family finished all the school projects that there are to do. And Boudicca got quite a lot of the archaeological artefacts.

Booker and Boudicca aged into YA. Booker rolled Art Lover and joined the Painter career. Boudicca rolled Jealous and joined the Secret Agent career. She was also working on the Jungle Explorer aspiration but never completed it.

Next lot of babies incoming! First of the final six!

Bristol and Begonia aged into teens. Bristol rolled Self-Assured and the Spellcraft & Sorcery aspiration, while Begonia rolled Dance Machine and the Master Maker aspiration (I hate that one). These two are also almost identical.

Prom! Bristol and Benson were prom royalty, and Barratt wasn't there because he had to work.

Family news: Brynley and Baker are now elders. Brielle had Novalee. Grandkids Draco, Denim and Chloe all got married.

Aspirations completed (+40) - 9: 360 (Bellamy - Lady of the Knits; Ollie - Super Parent)
Aspirations completed by teens (+10) - 8: 80 (Booker - Painting; Boudicca - Bodybuilder; Benson - Curator)
Adult skills maxed (+10) - 18: 180 (Ollie - programming; Boudicca - fitness; Booker - painting & entrepreneur)
Teen A's (graduate early call) (+5) - 11: 55 (Boudicca)
Teen careers topped (+5) - 14: 70 (Benson, Barratt)
Top Notch Toddlers (+25) - 17: 425
Adult careers topped (+20) - 4: 80 (Athletics - Bellamy)
Grandchildren (15):
Amanda (Brynley)
Bailee (Blossom)
Chloe (Brooks)
Denim & Draco (Blossom)
Esther (Beatrix)
Faith (Bronte)
Greyson (Brielle)
Hamish (Bronte)
Jasmine (Bowen)