Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 4/16/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 4/16/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

I have been greatly inspired by Nextwish, Ciyrose, and Mojo to start the Achievement Challenge where I will have 10 challenges going simultaneously in ONE save file. I just got a new computer and think it can handle it.

Here are the ones I am planning on trying. Each challenge will have it's own page but I wanted one place to list them all. I would love feedback, advice, and suggestions from those that have tried this before. How do you handle pregnancies? Do you make sure to time them so the baby is born before the week ends? Do you use something like MCCC to pause the pregnancy until you get back to that family? Any advice for doing University?
  1. My Simself Name Game Legacy - Spring Part 1 and 2 posted on 3/15/24
  2. Live for Something Legacy - Summer Part 1 and part 2 posted 3/16/24
  3. Get Collecting Challenge- Summer Part 1 and part 2 posted on 3/16/24
  4. Lepacy Challenge - Fall Part 1(3/18/24) and Part 2 (3/25/24) are available.
  5. The Baker's Joy - A Joy of Life Legacy - Fall Part One Posted 3/27/24 and Part 2 on 3/28/24.
  6. Career Legacy/Master Simmer Combo Challenge - Winter Part 1 & 2 posted on 12/30/24
  7. Difference in the Family Tree - Winter Part 1 and 2 posted on 4/1/24
  8. Whimsy Expanded - Spring Part 1 posted 4/9/24 and Part 2 posted on 4/13/24
  9. Glorious Garden Legacy - this is going to be my 100 generation legacy. - Part 1 and Part 2 posted on 4/16/24
  10. The Postcard Legacy- Part 1 and part 2 posted on 4/16/24
Last edited by Designergirl81 on April 16th, 2024, 4:22 pm, edited 54 times in total.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Designergirl's Achievement Challenge

Post by ciyrose »

Oh boy what fun!!! Welcome to the total craziness!!! Heather had a wonderful post on boolprop about how she handled uni and while I haven't had to use it myself it seems to be a great way to work it. For pregnancies I use MCCC to pause all of the pregnancies for the entire town.

I myself set up my playing so that I only turn on aging, pregnancies, marriages for the first family played in the round which keeps everyone in the entire hood aging at similar rates. That does require me to remember to do that at the start of each round, but I think it's worth it.

I love the challenges you have chosen, I haven't even heard of a few of them so I'm excited to see how they go for you, and I agree there are a lot of flower/garden/plant type challenges so it's a fun idea to combine them.

One thing that Iota had recently pointed out is that Henford on Bagley festivals run on a 5 week cycle, while the City Living ones are a 2 week cycle. So just keep that in mind if you have anything that will be affected by that and be prepared to possibly switch up family order as needed.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
NextWish
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by NextWish »

Yay! I'm so glad you are doing this!

-When I first started playing I noticed that some of my families that I'd placed in the world waiting for their turn, started getting married. It was told to me that I could use MCCC to bypass played Sims and not just active sims to avoid this.

-Also, to have the game recognize that the Sim families you placed are Played Sims and not just random Sims you decided to scatter into the world, you must log into each household as if you were going to push the play button and begin. Only then will they be considered Playable. You can see the difference when you look at the world map/manage worlds and see the icon above your placed Sims' lots change from light green to dark. Also, you can see that same difference in the Manage Households screen for each of your families.

Enjoy rotational gameplay. I think it's great!
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

I am really excited to start. I was up WAY to late last night creating my founders and getting my save file ready. I had to go out of town today but plan to start when I get home tomorrow. I can't wait.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 8/3/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

I played a bunch on Sunday and then ended up catching a cold so been home sick a few days this week. In between naps, I did some more playing. So I was able to play through a few of the challenges and get some chapters started. I also wanted to thank ciyrose and Nextwish for the tips. Based on their suggestions and also others I have read in posts here are some things I am planning:
  1. I liked Ciyrose's suggestion of only having aging on for unplayed families only while playing the first family in the rotation. That will keep all the ages consistent throughout the challenges.
  2. I will be using MCCC to pause pregnancy for any household I am not playing. So far I am letting pregnancies of unplayed townies to progress like normal but I may change this to pause pregnancy for the whole world.
  3. I am playing each challenge from 5 am Sunday to 4:59 am the following Sunday
  4. I have the calendar set to 21 days, so we have three weeks of fall, three weeks of winter, etc. I changed this part way through to 14 days otherwise the seasons don't line up. It will mean that the Name Game Challenge family will be in Fall twice but after that will be correct going forward.
  5. I used MCCC to set teenagers age back down to 14 days. The 21 days they changed it to HSY is too long. I haven't changed the adults yet but might depending on how things go. I would be interested if others changed the aging.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 9/21/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

I just posted the chapter for the last of the 10 challenges. Now it is time for round two. I am excited to revisit several of these families.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 9/21/23

Post by ciyrose »

Congrats on getting through round one. That always feels like such an accomplishment with such a large hood!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 10/2/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

Round two has officially started. Here is chapter 2 of My Simself Name Game Challenge.

Below in the spoilers is something I decided to do with the other families.
Spoiler:
In the Name Game Challenge the number of kids is determined by the number of letters in the name. For the other families I decided to roll a dice (2-5) to determine how many kids they will have. The reason I decided to start with 2 is I want at least one spare per generation and I ended with 5 because several of my families have pets making it hard to have more than 5 kids. The only time the dice spin will not be in place is if a generation's rules call for a specific number of kids. Below are the results of the dice rolls for Gen 1. Most of the rolls were kind to me.
  • Dia Constar: Something to Live For Legacy - 2 kids
  • Cole Lexion: Get Collecting Challenge - 5 kids
  • Amber Stein: Lepacy Challenge - 4 kids
  • Beatrix Baker: Joy of Life Challenge - 3 kids
  • Holly Woods: Career Legacy/Master Simmer - 2 kids
  • Adam Equidae: Difference in the Family Tree - 4 kids
  • Kara Gutenburg: Whimsy Expanded Legacy - 2 kids
  • Aspen Gardner: Glorious Garden Legacy - 3 kids
  • Christopher Travelers: Postcard Legacy - 3 kids
Last edited by Designergirl81 on November 21st, 2023, 2:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Achievement Tracker

Post by Designergirl81 »

I made an Achievement Tracker in Google Docs as a way to keep track of which ones I completed so far. If anyone wants to download a copy to use for their own Achievement Challenge please feel free to do so.
Achievement Tracker
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 10/9/23

Post by AmandaPlayzSims »

I've had your challenges on my to read list for a while, and I had a bit of time, I still have a ways to catch up but I really enjoyed what I had time to read so far!
Spoiler:
Live For Something: This is an interesting challenge i hadn't heard about before. I really like Vulpecula, I love the animals in Sims 4 especially the pups. So happy to see even more pups in week 2!

Get collecting challenge is not something I've seen before either, so I'm interested to see how this goes for you. I like Cole you did a great job creating him.Alien baby and human baby pretty close together! and then twin girls! So many kids! Looks like a busy family but should be fun to play. Infant Jet is so cute! Love the freckles! Amethyst is cute too! Love the infants in this story.
I will pick up next time with the next stories in the challenge. Keep it up!
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 10/9/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

AmandaPlayzSims wrote: October 27th, 2023, 8:06 pm I've had your challenges on my to read list for a while, and I had a bit of time, I still have a ways to catch up but I really enjoyed what I had time to read so far!
Spoiler:
Live For Something: This is an interesting challenge i hadn't heard about before. I really like Vulpecula, I love the animals in Sims 4 especially the pups. So happy to see even more pups in week 2!

Get collecting challenge is not something I've seen before either, so I'm interested to see how this goes for you. I like Cole you did a great job creating him.Alien baby and human baby pretty close together! and then twin girls! So many kids! Looks like a busy family but should be fun to play. Infant Jet is so cute! Love the freckles! Amethyst is cute too! Love the infants in this story.
I will pick up next time with the next stories in the challenge. Keep it up!
AmandaPlayzSims - Thanks gor reading. Glad you have enjoyed what you read so far.
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 11/6/23

Post by AmandaPlayzSims »

I finally got a chance to get back and read some more of your work.
Spoiler:
Lepacy - I like your founder Amber in this challenge. I think it's an interesting challenge to do, trying to only use base game content. It can get tricky a bit too with how many pieces of the newer pack just feel like part of the base game. I tend to forget that the hospital or milestones aren't part of the base game as I use them all the time. I think you are doing great trying to keep it to the base packs as much as possible. I like the theme of names you are giving to the babies too, and Bella is so sweet as an infant and a toddler.

A Baker's Joy - Love the use of the new Home Chef pack - I just got the pack myself, I haven't had much reason to use it yet but I like what you were able to do with it. Worked well for this challenge. I will have to add this challenge to my list of challenges to try in the future. I hadn't heard of this one before. Glad to see it all work out for Beatrix and Peter, they make a cute couple!

Career/Master Simmer - I like your idea of incorporating them together. Holly and Alex are a cute couple. You accomplished a lot by the end of week 2 and now a baby is on the way too. As far as I know you are only suppose to complete one goal set per sim, according to the rules I've seen. I like how you are handling the two challenges together.
I will have to look at some more of your stories shortly. I am enjoying reading your challenges.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Designergirl's Achievement Challenge - Updated 11/6/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

AmandaPlayzSims wrote: November 15th, 2023, 5:23 pm I finally got a chance to get back and read some more of your work.
Spoiler:
Lepacy - I like your founder Amber in this challenge. I think it's an interesting challenge to do, trying to only use base game content. It can get tricky a bit too with how many pieces of the newer pack just feel like part of the base game. I tend to forget that the hospital or milestones aren't part of the base game as I use them all the time. I think you are doing great trying to keep it to the base packs as much as possible. I like the theme of names you are giving to the babies too, and Bella is so sweet as an infant and a toddler.

A Baker's Joy - Love the use of the new Home Chef pack - I just got the pack myself, I haven't had much reason to use it yet but I like what you were able to do with it. Worked well for this challenge. I will have to add this challenge to my list of challenges to try in the future. I hadn't heard of this one before. Glad to see it all work out for Beatrix and Peter, they make a cute couple!

Career/Master Simmer - I like your idea of incorporating them together. Holly and Alex are a cute couple. You accomplished a lot by the end of week 2 and now a baby is on the way too. As far as I know you are only suppose to complete one goal set per sim, according to the rules I've seen. I like how you are handling the two challenges together.
I will have to look at some more of your stories shortly. I am enjoying reading your challenges.
I am glad you are enjoying the challenges. Thank you for reading and providing comments!

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”