Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Best short-ish challenges for sims 4?

Post by MayaRose1138 »

I'm looking to turn two of the challenges I've done recently into a legacy. I did the CEA challenge for three generations, now I'm on the Trailer Park one for three generations, but I need something to fill out the next four generations. Apart from the OWBC, are there any other 1-4 generation challenges out there that simmers would recommend?
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Best short-ish challenges for sims 4?

Post by Sam »

:wave:

There's the tiny living challenge (doesn't require the pack), but it is 5 generations rather than 1-4. I've always thought it sounded pretty neat, but I've never had time to try it out properly for myself.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Sam wrote: January 18th, 2024, 3:14 am :wave:

There's the tiny living challenge (doesn't require the pack), but it is 5 generations rather than 1-4. I've always thought it sounded pretty neat, but I've never had time to try it out properly for myself.
Sounds intriguing but I don’t know if I could do it! I tend to play with large families and only keeping it small to fit in that sized house... sounds tricky!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

I would suggest maybe the random legacy challenge. That can be as long (or short) as you want it since you roll different objectives for each generation.

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Mojo wrote: January 30th, 2024, 6:42 pm I would suggest maybe the random legacy challenge. That can be as long (or short) as you want it since you roll different objectives for each generation.
That’s not a bad idea. I’ve decided I will do the OWBC next but that still leaves 1 generation, so that could work nicely. Thank you :)
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Who's Your Daddy or similar, maybe?

You could also make it a goal to complete all the collectiona in the game if that's your cup of tea or have all the bonus traits in one family.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

I have been having a lot of fun with the Boolprop 17th Birthday Build Your Own Circus Challenge. It is technically a 5 generation challenge though and I see you are looking for something that is 1-4 generations. They don't have specific rules for the generation but I wrote some of my own and am using a different occult type for each generation.

The Boolprop Dear Diary Challenge is also a good one as it can be as many generations as you want. I think you just have to have sims write 200 books across all of the generations. It took me 5 generations to complete but I think it could be done in less.

Another one would be the Name Game Challenge which can be as many generations as you need to have a child that starts with each letter of the alphabet. It might be hard to do it in 4 generations but if you went with longer names it could probably be done.

If you are looking for something that is just a single generation then the Whiz Kid Challenge is fun. You just have to have a child and have them try to max as many skills as possible before becoming a young adult. The current Boolprop 18th Birthday Party Challenge would work too. I think you just have one sim host as many parties as possible in their lifetime.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Designergirl81 wrote: February 6th, 2024, 2:12 pm I have been having a lot of fun with the Boolprop 17th Birthday Build Your Own Circus Challenge. It is technically a 5 generation challenge though and I see you are looking for something that is 1-4 generations. They don't have specific rules for the generation but I wrote some of my own and am using a different occult type for each generation.

The Boolprop Dear Diary Challenge is also a good one as it can be as many generations as you want. I think you just have to have sims write 200 books across all of the generations. It took me 5 generations to complete but I think it could be done in less.

Another one would be the Name Game Challenge which can be as many generations as you need to have a child that starts with each letter of the alphabet. It might be hard to do it in 4 generations but if you went with longer names it could probably be done.

If you are looking for something that is just a single generation then the Whiz Kid Challenge is fun. You just have to have a child and have them try to max as many skills as possible before becoming a young adult. The current Boolprop 18th Birthday Party Challenge would work too. I think you just have one sim host as many parties as possible in their lifetime.
Those are all good ideas. I hadn’t heard of the Dear Diary one but after looking at the rules, it does seem like a lot of work! I’m sort-of doing the name game challenge in a different save but it’s not strictly adhering to the rules, and I almost did the Whiz kid one in another save when one sim child did 7 out of 8 childhood aspirations and then two or three aspirations while a teen, including maxing charisma. But the circus one, I haven’t tried that yet. That’s on my list of maybe challenges after I finish the ones I have going 🤣. But then again, who is to say that I have to stop at gen 10 in a legacy save?
madeinsixam wrote: February 6th, 2024, 1:46 pm Who's Your Daddy or similar, maybe?

You could also make it a goal to complete all the collectiona in the game if that's your cup of tea or have all the bonus traits in one family.
The WYD one would be doable in one generation - do you know where there’s a list of rules? I went searching but couldn’t find them for sims 4. I have done something similar in the 16th boolprop birthday challenge though.
Last edited by MayaRose1138 on February 8th, 2024, 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Accidental quoted post 🤦‍♀️
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

MayaRose1138 wrote: February 7th, 2024, 2:48 pm
madeinsixam wrote: February 6th, 2024, 1:46 pm Who's Your Daddy or similar, maybe?

The WYD one would be doable in one generation - do you know where there’s a list of rules? I went searching but couldn’t find them for sims 4. I have done something similar in the 16th boolprop birthday challenge though.
I don't, unfortunately! I've done a similar thing in TS4 but didn't go with any strict rules, I just aimed for X babies from different fathers. I think the TS3 ruleset wouldn't be too hard to adapt for TS4, since I think most things in it haven't changed much if at all. ^^

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”